Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gretchen the Media Queen

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
armchair pd

Re: Gretchen the Media Queen

Post by armchair pd » Tue May 19, 2020 1:44 pm

non-anon bob wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:33 am
Love Me some "Gorgeous Gretchen!" :D
:lol :barf

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 19, 2020 1:47 pm

JD wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm
The numbers speak for themselves - Whitmer's done an excellent job at keeping Michiganians alive. ...and if it ticked off the 'I'm gonna take my gun to Lansing crowd' off, even better.
She hasn't done shit. Look at larger states like Texas and Florida with larger populations. Those states have much better leadership.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

jsf

Post by jsf » Tue May 19, 2020 2:16 pm

The left seems to be blaming Trump for the virus deaths, how about the numbers in Michigan can't we blame Gretchen?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:47 pm
JD wrote:
The numbers speak for themselves - Whitmer's done an excellent job at keeping Michiganians alive. ...and if it ticked off the 'I'm gonna take my gun to Lansing crowd' off, even better.
She hasn't done shit. Look at larger states like Texas and Florida with larger populations. Those states have much better leadership.
De Santis and Abbot aren’t exactly great statesmen...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 19, 2020 3:53 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:38 pm
Matt wrote:
JD wrote:
Their states are doing much better than Michigan. Big Wretch is terrible.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:53 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
JD wrote:
Their states also didn’t have a combination of cold temperatures and a ton of flight to and from China with a large international population of students to spread it around. Let’s give a tip of the cap to your beloved school for contributing its admissions habits into this mess...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
JD wrote:
Their states also didn’t have a combination of cold temperatures and a ton of flight to and from China with a large international population of students to spread it around. Let’s give a tip of the cap to your beloved school for contributing its admissions habits into this mess...
So now you're peddling xenophobia? You're also suggesting that Florida and Texas, with much larger economies don't have as much or more international travel than Michigan? Maybe you're like Big Wretch... not willing to take accountability for the role the democratic primary process played in spread...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
JD wrote:
So now you're peddling xenophobia? You're also suggesting that Florida and Texas, with much larger economies don't have as much or more international travel than Michigan? Maybe you're like Big Wretch... not willing to take accountability for the role the democratic primary process played in spread...
No xenophobia here. We have a higher number of Chinese students than average at your favorite university. Universities in Florida and Texas don’t have similar mixes in their student populations or as many flights back and forth. We are a hub for flights to and from China from what I understand. Then people continue from Metro to where they are going to.

The Democratic primary occurred on March 10th, this was declared a pandemic by WHO on the 11th and emergency declarations At all levels and stay at home orders followed. So did states cancelling their primaries. So while it probably contributed to spread it’s not like they held the primary after locking down or despite warnings from experts...

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Well, at least she is 100% focused on the Coronavirus fight in Michigan. She is clearly not being distracted by any ambitions for a national level political office. Obviously all of her appearances on network TV since March had no ulterior motives. All of the maneuvers and executive orders that make headlines are for sure all about Michigan. Yep. I mean she would never ever lie to the people of Michigan about her interest in this gig in the middle of a pandemic.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/gretchen- ... ns-vp-pick

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 19, 2020 6:52 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:23 pm
Well, at least she is 100% focused on the Coronavirus fight in Michigan. She is clearly not being distracted by any ambitions for a national level political office. Obviously all of her appearances on network TV since March had no ulterior motives. All of the maneuvers and executive orders that make headlines are for sure all about Michigan. Yep. I mean she would never ever lie to the people of Michigan about her interest in this gig in the middle of a pandemic.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/gretchen- ... ns-vp-pick
Nothing to see here... move along now... NOW!!!! Oh pardon me... my Gretchen complex is showing...

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:30 pm

This my friends, is our Governor. What a joke!! She’s practically auditioning to be Biden’s running mate.

https://channel955.iheart.com/featured/ ... bidens-vp/

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 am

jsf wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:16 pm
The left seems to be blaming Trump for the virus deaths, how about the numbers in Michigan can't we blame Gretchen?
Michigan has THE HIGHEST case fatality rate in the entire nation. She should answer to that.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 am

jsf wrote:
Michigan has THE HIGHEST case fatality rate in the entire nation. She should answer to that.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Wed May 20, 2020 11:42 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 am
jsf wrote:
Supposedly, conspiracy theory, they get federal funding for each COVID-19 death, something like $30,000. So, some might be falsely reported. lol

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed May 20, 2020 2:06 pm

She's untouchable with this media, she's got 'em wrapped around her finger. I'm curious who was polled in her approval ratings which last I saw was a 65% approval which I find laughable. The only person I've seen ask a "hard hitting" question was Roop Raj who asked her to comment that many people (certainly not Democrats) find all her national appearances on the various shows to be all about her self-promotion. Of course she said she's promoting Michigan. I was glad to see that once she was done with her national self-promotion appearances yesterday, that she finally got around to declaring the flood areas of mid Michigan a state of emergency. No such thing as overexposed, can't wait to see more of Big Gretch in the coming days!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic