Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Owosso barber

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
innate-in-you

Re: Owosso barber

Post by innate-in-you » Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:22 am
Republicans have a stronger background on public health. #ricksnyder #flintwatercrisis
Only behind the Democrats that are shutting businesses down, financially devastating some, bankrupting others, running the State of Michigan $$$$ Billions in debt, blowing up the unemployment. #Granholm #Whitmer #DNC
#ricksnyder #flintwatercrisis
BTW - Sinklair, the lead situation started in 1978 (Federal Govt). The Flint City Council has been Democrat since 1970 to present. So, what did the Democrats do about the Lead Problem between 1978 to 2014 ??? Nice try with a bunch of Bull Sh*t
There wasn't any lead problem in Flint between 1978 and 2014.

The problem arose when the previous, unelected state government (NOT the current state government) switched Flint's water supply from Lake Huron to the Flint River, to spend less money.

The Flint River water is more corrosive than Lake Huron, resulting in lead being dissolved into the pipes of thousands of homes.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Midlandguy - totally appreciate where you are coming from and certainly hope & wish you and your family remain safe!

That being said, there is one part from the statute you pasted that you may have overlooked:
After 28 days, the governor shall issue an executive order or proclamation declaring the state of emergency terminated, unless a request by the governor for an extension of the state of emergency for a specific number of days is approved by resolution of both houses of the legislature.
The initial 28 days expired in late April. An extension of the state of emergency was not approved by resolution by both houses of the legislature. This means recent actions by Whitmer do not have the force of law. This explains why so many law enforcement organizations across the state are unwilling to enforce Whitmer's orders.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 17, 2020 6:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:33 pm
...there is one part from the statute you pasted that you may have overlooked:
After 28 days, the governor shall issue an executive order or proclamation declaring the state of emergency terminated, unless a request by the governor for an extension of the state of emergency for a specific number of days is approved by resolution of both houses of the legislature.
The initial 28 days expired in late April. An extension of the state of emergency was not approved by resolution by both houses of the legislature. This means recent actions by Whitmer do not have the force of law. This explains why so many law enforcement organizations across the state are unwilling to enforce Whitmer's orders.
Yeah, and you keep overlooking this:
30.417 Construction of act.
Sec 17.
This act shall not be construed to do any of the following:
(d) Limit, modify, or abridge the authority of the governor to proclaim a state of emergency pursuant to Act No. 302 of the Public Acts of 1945...
Because there is no time limit in the 1945 Act, and further because the 1976 Act in no way modifies the 1945 Act, the 1945 Act stands alone as giving virtually unending power to the governor. Again, I don't understand why the legislature in 1976 included that clause, but they did, and it effectively nullifies the 28-day rule.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 17, 2020 8:52 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:49 am
Matt, I’m your stalker? :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

God, what’s bigger? Your ego or your narcissism? Just like your hero tRump
2004 called, turns out they DON'T want their terrible "RePuke" insult back. Good news for you! It didn't make sense then, and it doesn't make sense now...

You seem to know a lot about my posting history and I have no idea who you are. You should understand why that is creepy.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon May 18, 2020 1:41 am

For those looking at Wisconsin’s legal challenge to overturn a Governor’s public health emergency executive order, they should also look at the outcome of that decision... a rapid increase in COVID-19 https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news ... 205710002/

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 18, 2020 6:33 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:41 am
For those looking at Wisconsin’s legal challenge to overturn a Governor’s public health emergency executive order, they should also look at the outcome of that decision... a rapid increase in COVID-19 https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news ... 205710002/
This is a bullshit lie, devoid of context:
The 502 new cases reported Saturday by the Department of Health Services came from a round of 6,051 COVID-19 tests that were processed. The percent of new tests that were positive for the virus was 8.3% — slightly higher than the average of around 6% from the previous six days.
You should stick to whining about your employer.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon May 18, 2020 8:40 am

Talk about void of context.. I give you the singing duo of Matt and R Bedell. “If it goes against their belief... just yell lies, lies, more damn lies!” Catchy tune for parrots,

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 18, 2020 8:49 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:40 am
Talk about void of context.. I give you the singing duo of Matt and R Bedell. “If it goes against their belief... just yell lies, lies, more damn lies!” Catchy tune for parrots,
Wrong. The very article you submitted stated a small increase. Meanwhile, your fellow Corona Bros are stating that the fact that Georgia isn't experiencing bumps means nothing. You Corona Bros can't have it both ways.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 11:18 am

BMW, I will have to respectfully disagree with you here.

I think the 1945 law wasn't intended to address this type of situation. That's why the 1976 law was passed.

I know there are divergent views on this question. Would be nice if the Michigan Supreme Court would get off their duffs and weigh in.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 18, 2020 11:23 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:18 am
BMW, I will have to respectfully disagree with you here.

I think the 1945 law wasn't intended to address this type of situation. That's why the 1976 law was passed.

I know there are divergent views on this question. Would be nice if the Michigan Supreme Court would get off their duffs and weigh in.
My prediction is it won't. This current situation will end before it gets to the MSC.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 5:52 pm

Which constitutional rights are being impeded?

If you plan on responding with "freedom of speech" or "freedom of assembly," you're wrong.

Here's how the First Amendment reads:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Commerce clause? Nope.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/commerce-clause

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Is that the best comeback you can provide?

If the question is so easy, why are you unable to provide even a SINGLE example? Tell me which passage(s) from the U.S. Constitution are being violated.

You come across as someone who is stating visceral opinion as opposed to someone who is knowledgeable on matters of U.S. constitutional law.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 7:26 pm

The U.S. Constitution is a public document. It is available for everyone to read. Again, name ONE clause that Whitmer's orders violate. Should be easy, tough guy, if you're as smart on this subject as you seem to be professing.

(If anyone else wishes to provide an example, feel free to weigh in. I'd love to know.)

I've already stated that her emergency declarations do not carry the weight of State of Michigan law. Some legal scholars agree with that statement, others disagree. That's why I - and others - have called for the Michigan Supreme Court to weigh in. I believe the 1976 statute prevents the Governor from using the 1945 law for a health emergency.

I did not attend law school. I did take a couple law courses in college. I hold a BBA from the University of Michigan Ann Arbor.

Will you share your academic credentials with all of us? (Doubt it.)

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:23 am

Wrong. The Genesee County Sheriff is a Democrat: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 204277002/

Its interesting you don't malign the governor for acting unilaterally partisan while she stomps on the constitution.
Yes, the Genesee County Sheriff got ahead of his political affiliation, and restated his position shortly after his original comments got around. He's new at the top job, and didn't seem to consider how it would play in his county.

The subject here is the barber, not the Governor, and the enforcement of the current orders, so I'm staying with the topic at hand.

Mr. Manke is playing the media for attention now. He's familiar with self-promotion, having made appearances for his books over the years. You can bet he'll find the time for another book soon, plus a tour visiting whomever will host him to talk about his experiences.

“I’m 77,” related Manke during an interview last Saturday. “What, are they going to give me life? I’ve got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. I could care less.”

He cares enough.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:21 pm
I did not attend law school. I did take a couple law courses in college. I hold a BBA from the University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
Fair enough. So your comments were just a keyboard opinion. You have an opinion as well as I do. Your don't like mine and I don't like yours.
BTW, I see you finally started being active in this forum after being absent and silent for a long.
So we have another Conservative Victim who can't answer a simple constitutional question. Every business in the State of Michigan is licensed and thus is subjected to regulation. As we have seen, that license can be revoked.

Answers or more conjecture snowflake?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic