Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tired Of Protestor Bashing!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Tired Of Protestor Bashing!

Post by audiophile » Mon May 04, 2020 10:18 am

Maybe she is perimenopausal.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:22 am

I'd like to respond to audiophile about the comment "There will always be a few … "
Why is there even one? Give me a valid reason why anyone would show up in head to toe paratrooper garb and a rifle slung over their shoulder. How could anyone not think that's detrimental to the message?

And the same to lovinlife101. Talking about how the media singled out the one confederate flag out of the hopefully hundreds of stars and stripes that were being waved. Why would anyone bring a confederate flag? Even just one?

"Uh, I'm going to wave a confederate flag and I want to be taken seriously". Yeah, OK.
I didn't see video or pictures of the confederate flags at the Lansing protests.
But is it safe to assume the people waving them had face garb that made them unrecognizable?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 10:52 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:22 am
I'd like to respond to audiophile about the comment "There will always be a few … "
Why is there even one? Give me a valid reason why anyone would show up in head to toe paratrooper garb and a rifle slung over their shoulder. How could anyone not think that's detrimental to the message?

And the same to lovinlife101. Talking about how the media singled out the one confederate flag out of the hopefully hundreds of stars and stripes that were being waved. Why would anyone bring a confederate flag? Even just one?

"Uh, I'm going to wave a confederate flag and I want to be taken seriously". Yeah, OK.
I didn't see video or pictures of the confederate flags at the Lansing protests.
But is it safe to assume the people waving them had face garb that made them unrecognizable?
Usually they don’t have face garb on... sometimes they do but it seems like they are transplanted rednecks or descendants of such who brought the love of that loser flag with them. That explanation might be lousy but for those of us who heard stories about somebody fighting to keep the country together from here in Michigan seeing idiots running around with it in a union state is borderline offensive.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:29 am

If these protests are an attempt to re-elect trump, they may backfire.

The "all guns at all costs" folks are in trump's pocket. They'll support him under any and all circumstances. But they aren't enough to carry the election, especially one where the electoral margin is likely to be tight.

The harder these people protest and the more praise("fine people") trump gives them, the greater the likelihood that the folks in the middle who could go either way will either vote Democratic or stay home.

I know lots of people who own guns; one of my musician friends has a pistol within reach 24/7. He thinks carrying powerful weapons into a government building is loiny tunes. He's the same way about carrying the flags of forces the U.S. military has defeated. He wouldn't vote for trump on a bet.

How many others are like my drummer pal?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 11:32 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:29 am
If these protests are an attempt to re-elect trump, they may backfire.

The "all guns at all costs" folks are in trump's pocket. They'll support him under any and all circumstances. But they aren't enough to carry the election, especially one where the electoral margin is likely to be tight.

The harder these people protest and the more praise("fine people") trump gives them, the greater the likelihood that the folks in the middle who could go either way will either vote Democratic or stay home.

I know lots of people who own guns; one of my musician friends has a pistol within reach 24/7. He thinks carrying powerful weapons into a government building is loiny tunes. He's the same way about carrying the flags of forces the U.S. military has defeated. He wouldn't vote for trump on a bet.

How many others are like my drummer pal?
A lot of liberals own guns and support Gun Control... go to Vermont, Washington State or Oregon some time...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 04, 2020 11:51 am

There are already calls to ban weapons at the Capitol. It is certainly within the rights of leaders to set policies at the Capitol.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 12:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:51 am
There are already calls to ban weapons at the Capitol. It is certainly within the rights of leaders to set policies at the Capitol.
And they should... allowing them was gun lobby overreach.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 04, 2020 1:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:51 am
And they should... allowing them was gun lobby overreach.
I hope the despicables come back soon. It's good for the Democrats in the long run. I want this image burned into the memories of each and every voter.

― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 04, 2020 1:26 pm

Using your twisted logic, someone speaking peacefully, with police calmly standing nearby, should be burned into their memories?

If that is true then:

Maybe it's discrimination against beards?

Maybe it's discrimination against men?

Maybe the nerve of speaking against big government? (Which you are clearly infatuated with TCT).

Maybe that was NeckBeard? :razz
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Meanwhile defiance protests in Detroit:

https://www.facebook.com/byron.b.willia ... =3&theater

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 04, 2020 6:05 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:34 pm
Let’s just let everyone say what they want.

You: “Gasp! We can’t do that! We have to stop those we don’t like!”

I accept everyone, even those that want to silence me.

I can take it too. Most recently, I was called a “mother fucking bitch ass nigger” in a private message.

I’ve had death threats both in public and private here, and I don’t want to stop anyone from speaking.
Who sent the message?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 04, 2020 6:07 pm

Awww, poor trollinlife. What a martyr. Stands up for its gay-hating disgusting beliefs and childish insults as if its a persecuted innocent.

You are a mother fucking bitch ass. I would never use the other word though. Fuck you.
The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 04, 2020 6:32 pm

And some have called me a prude here. I figured out I'm not that prudish.

Based the reactions of others here, those with the "offense complex" are the NEW prudes.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 8:21 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:34 pm
Let’s just let everyone say what they want.

You: “Gasp! We can’t do that! We have to stop those we don’t like!”

I accept everyone, even those that want to silence me.

I can take it too. Most recently, I was called a “mother fucking bitch ass nigger” in a private message.

I’ve had death threats both in public and private here, and I don’t want to stop anyone from speaking.
You take it, pretend to be a martyr and then go off acting like a jackass... it’s a cycle. Can almost set your watch to it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 08, 2020 6:19 pm

I find it hilarious that the Republicans in the state legislature want to negotiate banning guns at the Capitol now...

I'd love to see these guys start appearing in the white suburbs around the state.
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic