All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Bogey out at 97.1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
D.j.m.
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Unread post by D.j.m. »

The Over 40 Club in Detroit Sports Media strikes again.
Matt
Posts: 15629
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Unread post by Matt »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:26 pm More like devolved.
I guess I don't see the rationale for saying Wojo is lazy. He's not an intentional shit stirrer, and his columns are generally well reasoned. Why parrot that worthless hack Jeff Moss' opinion?
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
Matt
Posts: 15629
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Unread post by Matt »

I'm not inclined to judge a longtime columnist on the questions he asks at press conferences. I'm sure he has access that does not require him to be a blowhard publicly, like the late Drew Sharp.

My sincere apologies for the parroting suggestion.
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 25571
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Unread post by Rate This »

Matt wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:44 am I'm not inclined to judge a longtime columnist on the questions he asks at press conferences. I'm sure he has access that does not require him to be a blowhard publicly, like the late Drew Sharp.

My sincere apologies for the parroting suggestion.
But Drew Sharp was one of the biggest blowhards in sports media around here in his newspaper columns...
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.

The Resistance begins now.

This is a pro-Democracy account.

Dear America… you were warned.
User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 626
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Unread post by lidoshuffle »

I noticed a few on air folks at 97.1 actually got to say goodbye and express their opinion on Bogey's departure (Valenti, Wojo, Jamie & Stoney), I remember back years ago when a local DJ was fired/quit a radio station, it was like that person never existed. None of the other jocks would mention what happened where is so and so, no explanation why that person was let go or left the radio station. Sometimes the local newspaper would have an article about said person, other than that , just so funny how that radio station acted like.."who"?? never heard of him/her....
Matt
Posts: 15629
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Unread post by Matt »

Maybe the sentence was composed poorly: I meant to say that Wojo doesn't need to be a blowhard like Sharp used to be. Wojo's columns are infinitely better than Sharp's ever were. I was asserting that being a blowhard publicly likely means you're a blowhard privately. I'd also say that Wojo and Niyo are by far the best columnists in the market.
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 25571
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Unread post by Rate This »

Matt wrote: ↑Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:23 am Maybe the sentence was composed poorly: I meant to say that Wojo doesn't need to be a blowhard like Sharp used to be. Wojo's columns are infinitely better than Sharp's ever were. I was asserting that being a blowhard publicly likely means you're a blowhard privately. I'd also say that Wojo and Niyo are by far the best columnists in the market.
Ah ok now that makes more sense.. Sharp was my all time most despised columnist in the Freep...
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.

The Resistance begins now.

This is a pro-Democracy account.

Dear America… you were warned.
Post Reply