Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Media doing social separation

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bryce

Re: Media doing social separation

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Did you know you shouldn't drink bleach to protect yourself from the corinavirus? Fox 2 told me so yesterday.

Are their viewers really that stupid?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:51 pm
Did you know you shouldn't drink bleach to protect yourself from the corinavirus? Fox 2 told me so yesterday.

Yes.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Bryce wrote:

Didn't you know? We're all idiots! We need the media and the government to save us from ourselves!

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:51 am

WTVG will only allow one anchor per newscast half hour. Weatherman not allowed to leave his spot. Nobody at the desk together since Monday after the knuckleheads has two weekend anchors on each others laps Sunday on WTVG.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:42 am

Bryce wrote:

Not just their viewers.

Didn't you witness the whole 'Tide Pod' era??

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 pm

I thought it was pretty ridiculous at first to have the anchors sit farther apart. But honestly, I don't know, I guess it makes sense. It doesn't hurt anything. I think it's natural for the stations to worry about how things look... to have the anchors stating multiple times per newscast to keep 6' distance between people, but them sitting closer than that, would be noticed by plenty of viewers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:38 pm

BFSEsq wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 pm
I thought it was pretty ridiculous at first to have the anchors sit farther apart. But honestly, I don't know, I guess it makes sense. It doesn't hurt anything. I think it's natural for the stations to worry about how things look... to have the anchors stating multiple times per newscast to keep 6' distance between people, but them sitting closer than that, would be noticed by plenty of viewers.
It’s allowing for some very creative presentations which is a plus I guess...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:31 am

I've honestly seen more shotgun mics mounted on booms in the past week than I have in the last 10 years. Perhaps a return to the days where a crew consisted of a correspondent, a cameraman and a sound guy?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:51 am

I've noticed some of the stations (national, like CBS this morning) are closer than 6'. Maybe down to 4' They could easily hold hands if outstretched.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a lot of switching errors, as they have to constantly switch cameras when folks are in different rooms or reporting from home. I'll give some props to the folks running the switchers as it must be pretty crazy trying to keep up.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:35 pm

BFSEsq wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 pm
I remember back before I retired I was forever asking talent to "scooch in a little closer" in a shot. It was even worse when working with non-professionals. I would sometimes tell them you need to be "New York City" close. At least you can fudge the shot a little in 16:9 rather than 3:4 aspect ratio...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:25 am

FOX 2 did ask the governor some tough questions about her EO today. They didn't press her too hard but for her enough to fell the pressure. Good job!

They also had a decent Fox Business segment from Chicago that was how it's a great time to plant a garden or rebuild a kitchen that you always wanted to get to.

Oh wait OUR governor banned that!!! What a dummkopf.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

jsf

Post by jsf » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:12 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:25 am
FOX 2 did ask the governor some tough questions about her EO today. They didn't press her too hard but for her enough to fell the pressure. Good job!

They also had a decent Fox Business segment from Chicago that was how it's a great time to plant a garden or rebuild a kitchen that you always wanted to get to.

Oh wait OUR governor banned that!!! What a dummkopf.
I heard her say you can't go up north because you might have to stop for gas or to get something to eat. I wonder how we are supposed to get gas down here and use a drive thru that's different from up north.She also said greenhouses are not to open and I saw one this morning that was packed with people buying Easter flowers. No rhyme no reason, and some people thought our last Gov was a nerd!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:52 pm

The nerd never used executive orders like this either.

The Gas thing is weak. Wear gloves or use a plastic bag, and toss them in trunk when done.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:25 pm

I work at Kroger and the place was packed. How is that safer than going up north or golfing?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:30 pm

proxima3 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:25 pm
I work at Kroger and the place was packed. How is that safer than going up north or golfing?
We were at our local supermarket today. There was a long lineup outside. They were only allowing 20 customers in the store at once. When 5 left they would allow another 5 to enter.

At the checkouts they have tape lines across the aisle 6 ft apart. Everyone had to stand that distance behind the person ahead.

I went to the liquor store but gave up right away. The lineup outside snaked right around the building and down the street.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic