Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SHAME ON YOU, LOCAL 4

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: SHAME ON YOU, LOCAL 4

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:15 am

Gretchen Whitmer needs to be on 24 hour video surveillance to demonstrate to her constituents that she is willing, along with her entire household, to be subject to all the deprivations that we are. No hair stylist. No lawn care from outside. No in-house help. No income.
You raise a great point. Would indeed to be interesting to see if she's practicing what she's preaching! Like most politicians, she is probably a hypocrite.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:15 am
Gretchen Whitmer needs to be on 24 hour video surveillance to demonstrate to her constituents that she is willing, along with her entire household, to be subject to all the deprivations that we are. No hair stylist. No lawn care from outside. No in-house help. No income.
You raise a great point. Would indeed to be interesting to see if she's practicing what she's preaching! Like most politicians, she is probably a hypocrite.
I highly doubt anybody anywhere expects 100% compliance for 100% of the time...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:46 pm

brianp48093 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:59 pm
Fuck it. U need landscaping stuff, drive to Ohio and stock up. If Michigan doesn’t want the revenue, give it to Ohio. It will be just like back in the day for fireworks. Nice simple drive (at least for southeast Michigan) Nothing wrong with a road trip...nothing else to do.

As far as traveling to a second home...fuck that DemocRAT bitch. I’m heading up to my cabin later today for a couple days. Oh and by the way, I’ll be riding the RZR and the quads. Business as usual. Don't like it? Fuck you.

As much as Warren's mayor is a doucheknob I'll give him props for NOT enforcing landscapers working in the city. Roseville isn't enforcing either. Soon enough, more cities will follow.

It's a sanitation issue. Tall Grass attracts mice, rats, mosquitoes etc. Not only that, who the hell wants their neighborhood to look like Detoilet?

Open everything up. You know the risks. If you're old, sick, etc YOU STAY IN QUARANTINE. WHY should the majority of the population have to be inconvenienced??? Enough is enough. I'm sure there's lots of people that don't live with susceptible people. They live alone. They both had it. They don't go to their elderly relatives house. I've been doing everything I've done all along. This quarantine means nothing me.

I had Covid 19. Very mild symptoms. I cut my fucking grass while "sick" it was a breeze. I've been much much sick before with regular flu.

If you are old, susceptible etc STAY AT HOME AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. Let people that recovered GET BACK TO WORK.
Don’t hold back... please... you really should just let it all out... tell us how you really feel...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:47 pm

brianp48093 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:59 pm
Fuck it. U need landscaping stuff, drive to Ohio and stock up. If Michigan doesn’t want the revenue, give it to Ohio. It will be just like back in the day for fireworks. Nice simple drive (at least for southeast Michigan) Nothing wrong with a road trip...nothing else to do.

As far as traveling to a second home...fuck that DemocRAT bitch. I’m heading up to my cabin later today for a couple days. Oh and by the way, I’ll be riding the RZR and the quads. Business as usual. Don't like it? Fuck you.

As much as Warren's mayor is a doucheknob I'll give him props for NOT enforcing landscapers working in the city. Roseville isn't enforcing either. Soon enough, more cities will follow.

It's a sanitation issue. Tall Grass attracts mice, rats, mosquitoes etc. Not only that, who the hell wants their neighborhood to look like Detoilet?

Open everything up. You know the risks. If you're old, sick, etc YOU STAY IN QUARANTINE. WHY should the majority of the population have to be inconvenienced??? Enough is enough. I'm sure there's lots of people that don't live with susceptible people. They live alone. They both had it. They don't go to their elderly relatives house. I've been doing everything I've done all along. This quarantine means nothing me.

I had Covid 19. Very mild symptoms. I cut my fucking grass while "sick" it was a breeze. I've been much much sick before with regular flu.

If you are old, susceptible etc STAY AT HOME AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. Let people that recovered GET BACK TO WORK.
What symptoms did you have?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:56 pm

brianp48093 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 pm
I had a slight fever. Headache, body aches, loss of taste and smell. Slight cough. It felt like a very mild flu.

I 100% had it. My girlfriend and I shared a joint (and body fluids) a few times a week before And a day before she got sick. She got a test and was positive. She got a test because her Dr insisted it was necessary due to asthma and some other health ailment.

Her symptoms never got bad and was only a little worse than mine. Hell, we got together while sick and had a beer and some smoke.

NO BIG DEAL.

We are now fully recovered. WHY can’t we go back to work?? Get anyone who recovered back to work...any little bit helps the economy come back. No. Instead, our Governor is more concerned about stopping people from doing home improvements on inside and outside of YOUR HOME. What about people that have a garden? Grow their own vegetables and fruit. They now can’t buy seeds. So fucking stupid and short sighted.
If we had testing to medically certify you as recovered with a signed letter that might be doable. I’m not sure we have the ability to roll that out large as scale. Congregating at the store in large groups to buy the supplies is the problem with the garden centers being open. It’s 3 weeks. We’ll all survive. You guys make it sound like this Sort of restriction for a pandemic that has never happened before...

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:50 pm

I have never heard such ignorant viewpoints in my life. Too bad Covid didn't take you. You seem so cavalier about it.

As I've said before, I have a PhD in molecular cell bio. And there is no way to know what the immunity built up from this is. The reason she doesn't want people traveling is because the health systems out state don't have any capacity. They're hillbillies.

Michigan has the 3rd most cases in the country. Wayne County has more cases than most entire states.

You morons who ignore these orders are why we'll be locked down until September. Go fuck yourselves.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:49 pm

selurzam wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:50 pm
I have never heard such ignorant viewpoints in my life. Too bad Covid didn't take you. You seem so cavalier about it.

As I've said before, I have a PhD in molecular cell bio. And there is no way to know what the immunity built up from this is. The reason she doesn't want people traveling is because the health systems out state don't have any capacity. They're hillbillies.

Michigan has the 3rd most cases in the country. Wayne County has more cases than most entire states.

You morons who ignore these orders are why we'll be locked down until September. Go fuck yourselves.
You know who the morons are?? The upstanding citizens of Detroit, where it is the epicenter of that virus, no one is practicing any social distancing (Niece is a RN at Receiving), no doubt Half-Whitmer based her decision to extend the stay at home order on that alone...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:27 pm

brianp48093 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 pm
I 100% had it. My girlfriend and I shared a joint (and body fluids) a few times a week before And a day before she got sick. She got a test and was positive. She got a test because her Dr insisted it was necessary due to asthma and some other health ailment.
Congratulations on not killing your girlfriend. You're quite a catch for any young lady...

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:41 pm

You kiss my mom with my mouth?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:45 pm

I think She gave it to him...

I've heard husband's and wife's were distancing and I thought that was never going to work unless one lives the storm cellar. No one is even recommending it unless one is high risk.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:00 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:49 pm
selurzam wrote:

You know who the morons are?? The upstanding citizens of Detroit, where it is the epicenter of that virus, no one is practicing any social distancing (Niece is a RN at Receiving), no doubt Half-Whitmer based her decision to extend the stay at home order on that alone...
And the idea that those people can potentially give it to someone who could take it upstate where they can’t handle it.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:44 pm

selurzam wrote:

Molecular ‘cell’ Biology? I call bull shit. It’s Molecular Biology, nimrod.
There is absolutely zero need for the pathetic executive order Whitmer put in place. Any educated person would know this. The majority of cases and deaths are in the city of Detroit.
Yet... her EO affects farmers and people living in the suburbs. This is all about her making a fucking statement and trying to get on the Ticket.
She got pissed at the people who bitched about not being able to play golf... and even though both Democrats and Republicans were complaining, she decided to turn this into political talking point.
She’s a piece of shit and anyone who supports her is as well. And you know it. So FUCK OFF.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:36 pm

radiodoc wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:44 pm
selurzam wrote:

There is absolutely zero need for the pathetic executive order Whitmer put in place. Any educated person would know this. The majority of cases and deaths are in the city of Detroit.
Yet... her EO affects farmers and people living in the suburbs. This is all about her making a fucking statement and trying to get on the Ticket.
She got pissed at the people who bitched about not being able to play golf... and even though both Democrats and Republicans were complaining, she decided to turn this into political talking point.
She’s a piece of shit and anyone who supports her is as well. And you know it. So FUCK OFF.
43 states have stay-at-home orders in place... all of these governors wanna be on Biden's ticket?!?! Or they're pissed off at golfers?!?! OK???

It is Molecular Cell Biology.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:21 pm

radiodoc wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:44 pm
selurzam wrote:

You realize you sound extremely Uneducated and generally clueless right? You don’t even understand that A-is connected-to-B-is connected-to-C... you are funny if you think the same measures aren’t being taken in other states. It’ll be Begin to be over May 1st If we keep this up. Whiners like yourself are gonna be the reason this doesn’t happen faster.

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 pm

I could give you a litany of schools that have MCB departments. You will indeed see that they're either named molecular cell biology or molecular & cell biology.

If you really care, my research involved gene expression during angiogenesis in tumors of certain lines of cancer cells.

That aside, nothing irritates me more than these "sovereign citizen" types who don't want the government telling them to do anything.

Just think...10 Wayne County families go to their cottages in some podunk County up in the UP....maybe 30 people. 1 of those 30 is an asymptomatic carrier. They go to the grocery store up there. They cough or they touch a package on the shelf after rubbing their eye. The next thing you know Joe Blow touches it and take it to the cashier. They both take it home to their families. You can extrapolate the rest.

The community hospital up there doesn't have the capacity.

If you want to just argue about down here in the tri County area...take playing golf...no matter how good your intentions are, it is just hard to stay away from people.

I don't even feel like arguing this anymore. Every epidemiological expert says that these orders work. In my opinion you really need the order until June 1. Then let offices have up to 50 percent of their workers in. Maintain low occupancy limits at retail stores and restaurants. No large gatherings (ie., sports and concerts). No kids at school. All this until a vaccine is available or antibody testing is ubiquitous enough to provide meaningful results.

Keep international travel locked down too.

No one knows to what degree immunity is conferred by antibody presence. No one knows if it's seasonal or to what degree it is seasonal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic