Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 pm

I just got to thinking - computer models are still showing a possible major snowstorm hitting some part of the northern half of the state. If that storm hits, and you have a second home or a cabin in that area, you can't even legally go check up on your own property.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 pm
I just got to thinking - computer models are still showing a possible major snowstorm hitting some part of the northern half of the state. If that storm hits, and you have a second home or a cabin in that area, you can't even legally go check up on your own property.
Not really enforceable, IMHO.

The housewife's are really giving Whitmer a drumming on facebook.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Not even close to enforceable. But the mere fact that this even exists in writing is absolutely ludacris.

btw - simple legal loophole: Go from Residence #1 to the grocery store, then from the Grocery store to Residence #2. That way you're not travelling "between 2 residences"

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:17 pm

LOL!

Whatever gets you...through the night, ER I mean ...from point A to point B to point C.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:44 pm

Yep, She missed the mark for innovation:
https://www.michiganradio.org/post/henr ... eigh-risks

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:46 pm

We need to be reminded of this big lie:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:18 pm

While the ban on traveling between residences is harsh, I can understand the rationale.

Very few cases of COVID-19 have been reported up north. I'm guessing some folks in Lansing want to keep it that way by limiting inbound traffic from downstate.

That's a great report from WUOM, Audiophile. Thank you for sharing it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:21 pm

You're welcome MW!

I don't think anyone is paying attention to travel ban. It's getting to joke-like status, and that's not good!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Most local police departments and county sheriffs have stated they're making no effort to enforce most aspects of the orders. They have inadequate resources to do so, and let's face it, they're also concerned about damaging their rapport with the general public.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 pm

https://www.fox17online.com/news/corona ... -takes-off

People are taking notice.

Not sure how anyone can say that it's okay for someone that lives in Warren, Ohio to go to their cottage in Michigan while at the same it's illegal for someone from Warren, MI to do the same. Yet, that's exactly how executive order 2020-42 is written.

Not only does this miss the mark, it's almost certainly unconstitutional.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:59 am

Howard Jones wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Not sure how anyone can say that it's okay for someone that lives in Warren, Ohio to go to their cottage in Michigan while at the same it's illegal for someone from Warren, MI to do the same. Yet, that's exactly how executive order 2020-42 is written.

Broad powers are delegated to governments in times of emergency... this has already been tested in the courts during past crises... you would lose. Notice that nobody anywhere has tried to sue over this. Just ride it out and it’ll be ok in about 3 weeks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:57 am

Our SJW AG might have a problem with the use of the term "broad".

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:59 am
Howard Jones wrote:

Broad powers are delegated to governments in times of emergency... this has already been tested in the courts during past crises... you would lose. Notice that nobody anywhere has tried to sue over this. Just ride it out and it’ll be ok in about 3 weeks.
I'd bet anything there are folks right now putting those plans together. Some of them are probably already working on the commercials we're going to get slammed with. "Did you catch covid-19 at work? Call me!!", "Was your business unnecessarily impacted? Call me!!", etc, etc.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:38 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:36 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:59 am
Howard Jones wrote:

I'd bet anything there are folks right now putting those plans together. Some of them are probably already working on the commercials we're going to get slammed with. "Did you catch covid-19 at work? Call me!!", "Was your business unnecessarily impacted? Call me!!", etc, etc.
“Im not asking you TO CALL SAM! I’m asking you to call them!”

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:45 pm

There actually is already a lawsuit filed against Whitmer for her EO watering down our state's Freedom of Information Act.

https://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw-bay- ... order.html

Purely based on the letter of the law, I think this suit has merit.

And KM is correct - the airwaves will soon be full of lawyers commercials saying "has your business been financially impacted by Governor Whitmer's executive orders? You may be entitled to legal compensation..."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic