Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The War On Fudgies

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

The War On Fudgies

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:40 pm

There have been public proclamations from various County officials, and probably some very angry private conversations with state officials, regarding seasonal residents returning early and telling them to stay home. They may be secretly contacting Whitmer to try to outlaw traveling between residences. Keep in mind that these people are paying double in property taxes on their second homes, and many have probably spent close to $50000-100000 or more in property taxes over the years. If these officials create lower property values, and lose millions in tourist dollars every year, what can be the result besides a ruined economy? We urge the Governor to resist further restricting travel. People from "Detroit", which according to a board poster here, means anyone who lives East of US-23 and South of I-69, have to resist this opposition and contact the Governor's office NOW! Those loosely defined "Detroiters" should be warned to quarantine for 14 days and only venture out when necessary. This may include mailing important bills, etc., so traveling to the Post Office should be allowed travel, as should curbside grocery and other necessary supplies.

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/chip ... ding-north
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Re: The War On Fudgies

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Glad you are finally getting the message. Many out of town people have not been listening. If you call 211, grocery and mail services will be provided to you.

Have you thought about how downstate residents get tested when they need a doctor's referral before going to Munson? There are many reasons why coming up North is a bad idea.

Grand Traverse county is now issuing fines to Airbnb owners unless they rent to essential personelle.

Home Depot employees were questioning cottage owners if they had been quarratining.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Well then, when will Michael Moore be announcing that the 2020 Traverse City Film Festival is cancelled due to Coronavirus? I'll be listening to WNMC to hear you announce it.

Most Fudgies and Chicago Area people do not want people with the Chinese virus staying in their places anyway, for fear that the Chinese virus may remain, so this is just is just whistling in the dark. Wait till the lawsuits start though.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:21 am

And exactly how long do you think it would take those "211" people to respond, especially in remote areas? I'm sure that they would triage your soon overdue bill to a very low level. And groceries, you would wait weeks. Have you tried grocery store delivery Downstate? Weeks! And then the person delivering has probably handled your food, and may have the Chinese virus, and expose you when they deliver it. What's the chance that the delivery person has the Chinese virus in Oakland County compared to say Leelanau County?

I have called some business people and chambers in Northern Michigan, and they are HORRIFIED at the draconian proclamations in Grand Traverse County and Chippewa County.

-Author Unknown

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:38 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:57 pm
Well then, when will Michael Moore be announcing that the 2020 Traverse City Film Festival is cancelled due to Coronavirus?
Phat chance?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:50 am

If healthy downstate folk are clean for two weeks before departing and only use curbside pickup (prepaid) what's the harm?

Whitmer was saying something about using gas pumps. Wear gloves, put credit card in sleeve. I found touch screens will work with thin leather gloves. Take them off then open trunk and leave them in trunk.

Diesel folks already do this because many pump owners have messy pumps.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 pm

I have been using a shopping bag from the grocery store as a glove when pumping gas. You can punch the keypad, working the pump and then peel it off without touching the outside. Then card and hands are sanitized before driving off.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:35 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 pm
I have been using a shopping bag from the grocery store as a glove when pumping gas. You can punch the keypad, working the pump and then peel it off without touching the outside. Then card and hands are sanitized before driving off.
Good idea, I have million plastic bags left over

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Would love to see someone actually test a bunch of gas pump handles in a city or area that has relatively high Covid confirmations.

I'm really beginning to doubt it is much of a threat at all, and I'd bet they don't test because they know what the result would be.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:14 pm

I bet that would be difficult, like looking for needle in a haystack.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:27 pm
Just to clarify, “fudgies” are gays, right?
Yes, and some people are telling them not to pack their shit. People like TCT appear to be homophobic.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:35 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:50 am
If healthy downstate folk are clean for two weeks before departing and only use curbside pickup (prepaid) what's the harm?
IF is the key. The one's we've been seeing aren't getting the point of distancing. I was in the National Park today and the popular hikes were jammed with out of state plates. Fortunately, there are places they don't know about...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:43 pm

Definition.

https://www.urbandiallctionary.com/defi ... erm=fudgie

If that icon is actually TC Talks, then he looks like a mountain man. His shack is probably filled with guns and ammo, and maybe an AR-14 or two that Biden wants to confiscate. Stay clear of him.

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:31 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:43 pm
Definition.

https://www.urbandiallctionary.com/defi ... erm=fudgie

If that icon is actually TC Talks, then he looks like a mountain man.
I have hiked across Michigan, and 170 miles on the Continental Divide Trail in the West. Since I am not afraid of my own shadow, I don't have or carry guns. I'll leave it you cowards.

It always make me laugh at the 2nd Amendment types; they try to suggest protection, yet there really isn't much of a threat. Now, shooting themselves or their loved ones?
Forty thousand people were killed in shootings last year (2018) amid a growing number of suicides involving firearms, CDC reveals. 39,773 is the number of Americans killed by guns in 2017

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Marvelous idea! :)
I'd say that or disposable latex or plastic gloves are the way to go.

The only thing more filthy than a gasoline pump handle is probably a public bathroom.

I haven't gassed up my car since the first week of March. There's been no need. My employer ordered me (and my colleagues) to work from home every day until further notice. That order came down more than three weeks ago.

Just for fun, I checked gasbuddy.com's prices a couple days ago. There are some Costco and Sam's Club stations in Macomb & Oakland Counties selling regular unleaded for $0.89 a gallon! :eek

Multiple stations along & north of M-59 in places like Waterford, White Lake, and Auburn Hills are under a $1.00.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic