Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Governor to do a town hall on several Detroit TV stations

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MisterT

Re: Governor to do a town hall on several Detroit TV stations

Post by MisterT » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am

You all are ridiculous. They more awareness raised, the better. Clearly no one can handle a woman in power. If this was Rick Snyder you all would be drooling with admiration for taking responsibility. When there is no leadership at the federal level I am beyond grateful to have a competent governor during this crisis regardless of party. Michigan has the third most cases in the nation. There is no better time to have a town hall like this than during a fucking pandemic. Jesus, all you armchair "experts" complaining about every little thing make me sick.

Oh look, lovinlife came to make a contribution towards his obsession with the word gay.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Wow. This is also airing on WCSX and WRIF. I'm surprised.

This is the most I've been interested in either station in quite a while.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:32 pm

MisterT - I did not like Rick Snyder at all. The guy is a flake.

Longtime Buzzboard readers certainly know my opinion of him!

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:56 pm

MisterT wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am
Oh look, lovinlife came to make a contribution towards his obsession with the word gay.
I do find such use of the word as offensive.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:06 am

I didn't watch any of it I find them to be boring only TV stations that didn't air it was WOTV, CW7 & WXSP.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

thekman

Post by thekman » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:17 am

Nothing loses my vote faster than preempting Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:57 am

thekman wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:17 am
Nothing loses my vote faster than preempting Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy.
7&4 in Traverse City didn't air the town hall, allowing Wheel and Jeopardy to air as planned there. I'm assuming 29&8 aired it, as well as at least one of 9&10 and Local 32

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:17 pm

ftballfan wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:57 am
7&4 in Traverse City didn't air the town hall, allowing Wheel and Jeopardy to air as planned there. I'm assuming 29&8 aired it, as well as at least one of 9&10 and Local 32
I found that both WWTV 9 & WFQX 32 had the town hall on last evening.

I say this because I flipped through my OTA channels during the hour. At my rural Kent County location, I receive the RF 9 signal from atop Mt. Dighton outside Cadillac, and the town hall was on both 9.1 & 9.2 (the WFQX Local 32 simulcast). Both had the 9&10 logo bug going in the corner.

As I flipped through, I had the live event available on 9 streams, out of my 53 total. (I really like my antenna set-up.) No, I didn’t watch any for content.

Other observations:

* One if the GR market stations had the Detroit 4 logo bug showing early on. It was corrected by time I circled back through.

* 2 or 3 stations didn't superimpose a logo. For sure WWMT 3.1 & WZZM 13.1 definitely didn’t have it, at least in the minutes I checked. WILX 10.1 may not have as well. I can’t remember which station had the bug in the lower left corner—as the others were to the right.

* I’ll dare to say that the Alpena market did have coverage, as WCMU PBS 14.1 had the town hall, so WCML 6.1 Alpena would have had it on.

Cheers! ~~ Statmanmi

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:07 am

Watched it... all 3 anchors made verbal gaffes at some point and they all looked a bit off their game. Carolyn Clifford was the weakest anchor of the 3.. they should have had Glenda Lewis or Davey Lew representing them. She really is terrible at times.... wasn’t always the case so not sure what happened in the last 10 or so years.

The strongest anchor? Christie MacDonald on the intro and outro that WTVS did from her house. Everything she said was flawless.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:33 pm

statmanmi wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:17 pm
ftballfan wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:57 am
I found that both WWTV 9 & WFQX 32 had the town hall on last evening.

I say this because I flipped through my OTA channels during the hour. At my rural Kent County location, I receive the RF 9 signal from atop Mt. Dighton outside Cadillac, and the town hall was on both 9.1 & 9.2 (the WFQX Local 32 simulcast). Both had the 9&10 logo bug going in the corner.

As I flipped through, I had the live event available on 9 streams, out of my 53 total. (I really like my antenna set-up.) No, I didn’t watch any for content.

Other observations:

* One if the GR market stations had the Detroit 4 logo bug showing early on. It was corrected by time I circled back through.

* 2 or 3 stations didn't superimpose a logo. For sure WWMT 3.1 & WZZM 13.1 definitely didn’t have it, at least in the minutes I checked. WILX 10.1 may not have as well. I can’t remember which station had the bug in the lower left corner—as the others were to the right.

* I’ll dare to say that the Alpena market did have coverage, as WCMU PBS 14.1 had the town hall, so WCML 6.1 Alpena would have had it on.

Cheers! ~~ Statmanmi
Your antenna setup sounds impresive!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic