Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why Isn't Michigan Delaying The STATE Income Tax Deadline From April 15?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Why Isn't Michigan Delaying The STATE Income Tax Deadline From April 15?

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Why are they dragging their feet on this? They say they are considering it. Why not acting?

All you have to do is file for an extension, and pay your expected amount due by April 15, 2020, but why require that? People have more important issues now.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Re: Why Isn't Michigan Delaying The STATE Income Tax Deadline From April 15?

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:46 pm
Why are they dragging their feet on this? They say they are considering it. Why not acting?

All you have to do is file for an extension, and pay your expected amount due by April 15, 2020, but why require that? People have more important issues now.
I was thinking about this too.. many other states and of course the feds have extended it...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:17 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:46 pm

I was thinking about this too.. many other states and of course the feds have extended it...
Considering our state taxes pull data elements from our federal taxes, shouldn't a federal extension equate to a state extension?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Considering our state taxes pull data elements from our federal taxes, shouldn't a federal extension equate to a state extension?
Normally it is. My accountant said that for a State Tax Extension, the Federal 4868 flling covered it.

I think the City Income Tax Deadline is April 30. Has that changed? Haven't heard anything.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 pm

Looks like an extension will be announced tomorrow.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 922991001/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic