Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Coronavirus is in Michigan

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
fuzzpower

Re: Coronavirus is in Michigan

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm
In a functioning nation, all 554 persons would have been tested immediately. This issue sits completely in the Donald Jerkoff Trump's lap for his negligence at just about everything.
You seem to really hate this country. How about moving?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:42 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:12 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm
In a functioning nation, all 554 persons would have been tested immediately. This issue sits completely in the Donald Jerkoff Trump's lap for his negligence at just about everything.
You seem to really hate this country. How about moving?
I don’t think it’s hating the country... it’s about seeing it be better and any dolt could do better than this pathetic response so far. A good leader would have been quick, decisive and confidence inspiring... we have had none of that and so everyone is figuring it out themselves.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:49 pm

I don’t want to get too political in the broadcasting forum, but I don’t believe this is the role of government. I am for personal responsibility. Government, no matter who is in charge, seems to make things worse and most costly financially.

TC Talks always trashes the US. It’s not just criticism, there are things I criticize and dislike about it, but he goes into full hatred.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 pm

We are seeing a lot of things that we never ever thought we’d see.

Just hope we can fix it before it’s too late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:06 pm

I trash self-interested trustfundies who have no business being in any position of responsibility.

I disliked George Bush's policies and what he did to destabilize the lives of so many, but he was a capable human.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 pm

Take a head count as to how many people in top positions in the Fed Gov. are temps or standin's who in an ordinary time have no business being that position due to lack of knowledge or just being a plain suck-up.
Now R Reagan's quote fits, "Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem". (First Inaugural Address on January 20, 1981)
Like any item in life, you are only as strong as your weakest piece. A 2-3 month lead and nothing but ass covering done to prepare. Why did it take so long to just get test kits? How else will we know just how it's spreading and how severe with no evidence.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Oh boy, WHNE just posted this on their facebook:

"ATTENTION WHNE VIEWERS:
Tonight at Midnight the WHNE transmitter will be turned off. WTVS will then take over our current channel. By tomorrow (Friday) several other TV stations in Detroit will also be broadcasting on new channels. You will need to rescan your television set to get the channels updated.
We've been working hard for over a year to get WHNE ready for tonight. We planned everything to the last detail, but our plans didn't work out. We ordered our new channel 3 antenna last fall. It was to be delivered in early January, but it's still not here!
Our new broadcast antenna was ordered from a company in Pennsylvania. They needed a custom made part for the antenna. They ordered this part from a specialty company in Italy about 6 weeks ago. Little did anyone know that because of the coronavirus this company has been all but shut down for the last 3 weeks. The custom part is supposed to be ready to ship, but they can't because of a quarantine on shipping in Italy!
Bottom line here in Detroit is WHNE will be off the air for at least another week. We are exploring all avenues to find a way to get this part or another one made somewhere to replace it.
We will keep you updated here on Facebook as to when we have finished the install and are back on the air broadcasting on our new channel 3.
Up until now, WHNE has been on channel 14, but when we return to the air, we will be found on your television on our new channel 3.
Thanks for watching WHNE TV!"

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Fresh off the wire
LANSING, MICH. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and the health departments in Ingham, Kent, Montcalm, Oakland, St. Clair and Washtenaw counties announced today 10 adults tested presumptive positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This brings the state total of COVID-19 cases to 12.

The cases include:

An adult female from Ingham County with history of travel on a cruise.
Two adult females from Kent County and one adult male, all with history of international travel.
An adult female from Montcalm with history of international travel.
Two adult males from Oakland County; one with no travel history and one with domestic travel.
An adult male from St. Clair County with history of domestic travel.
One adult female and one adult male from Washtenaw County; one with history of domestic travel and one with history of international travel

“We continue to urge Michiganders to take precautions to prevent the spread COVID-19 in our state,” said Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive and chief deputy for health. “We have to proactively implement community mitigation strategies that will help prevent the spread of the disease, and particularly protect our most vulnerable Michiganders.”
Last edited by TC Talks on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 pm
Fresh off the wire
LANSING, MICH. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and the health departments in Ingham, Kent, Montcalm, Oakland, St. Clair and Washtenaw counties announced today 10 adults tested presumptive positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This brings the state total of COVID-19 cases to 12.

“We continue to urge Michiganders to take precautions to prevent the spread COVID-19 in our state,” said Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive and chief deputy for health. “We have to proactively implement community mitigation strategies that will help prevent the spread of the disease, and particularly protect our most vulnerable Michiganders.”
It’s clearly spreading way faster than anyone can get a handle on... plus the lack of test kits...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:54 pm

For each person who gets sick, it will spread to 2 - 4 people. Fatalities are 1.5 - 3.4% of those who get sick.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:54 pm
For each person who gets sick, it will spread to 2 - 4 people. Fatalities are 1.5 - 3.4% of those who get sick.
The 2-4 is an average though right? If you are in contact with lots of people (retail, travel) couldn’t you likely infect more?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Of course, but data is evolving. These 10 new cases could be 40 more next week.

― Noam Chomsky

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:17 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:36 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:25 pm
phcapstick wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:27 pm
Good of Whitmer to wait until after the poles closed for her emergency declaration.

What a piece of work she is, dreams of a possible vice-presidency no doubt floating around in her head.
That is interesting, this whole thing exploding almost immediately after the Tuesday election. No warnings about mass gatherings before then...
It’s happening in multiple states that didn’t have elections as well. The timing is a coincidence.
Pfft. Everything is a Goddamn conspiracy or fixed or "what a coincidence..." or something. Same thing I told TC (if he reads this, it's 12 now), go talk to a wall or a tree. You'll be better off.
I do, however, expect more strawman, false equivalency, and general bullshit spewed out here by morning. Don't let me down, guys. The REALITY...the FACT is, I gotta figure out what to do about the kids not having school for three weeks. With any luck, I'll see a post about "the left" and/or "the media" making this happen to continue this life-long conspiracy against the ALWAYS friend-to-the-common-man Donald Trump. Godspeed.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:32 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:17 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
phcapstick wrote:
Good of Whitmer to wait until after the poles closed for her emergency declaration.

What a piece of work she is, dreams of a possible vice-presidency no doubt floating around in her head.
That is interesting, this whole thing exploding almost immediately after the Tuesday election. No warnings about mass gatherings before then...
It’s happening in multiple states that didn’t have elections as well. The timing is a coincidence.
Pfft. Everything is a Goddamn conspiracy or fixed or "what a coincidence..." or something. Same thing I told TC (if he reads this, it's 12 now), go talk to a wall or a tree. You'll be better off.
I do, however, expect more strawman, false equivalency, and general bullshit spewed out here by morning. Don't let me down, guys. The REALITY...the FACT is, I gotta figure out what to do about the kids not having school for three weeks. With any luck, I'll see a post about "the left" and/or "the media" making this happen to continue this life-long conspiracy against the ALWAYS friend-to-the-common-man Donald Trump. Godspeed.
Are you agreeing with me or no? Usually we are on the same beam and I’m with you 100% on that but I’m not sure...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:32 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:17 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
phcapstick wrote:

Are you agreeing with me or no? Usually we are on the same beam and I’m with you 100% on that but I’m not sure...
Oh I am. That's why I told you to go talk to a wall. Save yourself some time and aggravation. We both know how the rest of this is gonna go.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic