Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Koco McAboy is leaving WDIV (Local 4) for the West Coast

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

Rate This

Re: Koco McAboy is leaving WDIV (Local 4) for the West Coast

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:24 am

I didn’t like her tremendously (they hire a lot of odd reporters at 4) but good for her moving up to a warmer and bigger market. 4 is still a pretty transient station... folks market hop through there. 7 has been hiring people who wanted to come back home, right now they have 1 reporter without some connection here. 2 doesn’t have much turnover it seems.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 am

I agree with you, Rate This. McAboy is overrated. Her departure is no big loss for channel 4.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:32 pm

I don't watch 4 very often so I won't miss her

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:07 pm

I didn’t like her tremendously (they hire a lot of odd reporters at 4) but good for her moving up to a warmer and bigger market. 4 is still a pretty transient station... folks market hop through there. 7 has been hiring people who wanted to come back home, right now they have 1 reporter without some connection here. 2 doesn’t have much turnover it seems.
Channel 7 has Ali Hoxie and Anne Marie LaFlamme. Both raised here locally.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Everyone leaves The D at some point, whether by choice or laid off. Sad weather, murders daily, nothing going on in the city (especially on the weekend, it's a ghost town downtown), bad roads, daily news reports on corrupt government, lower TV pay than other markets, etc.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:06 pm

tivoking wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:07 pm
Channel 7 has Ali Hoxie and Anne Marie LaFlamme. Both raised here locally.
They also have several people from outside the metro area... they should market the fact that their talent is almost completely home grown...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic