Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Return of the Grilled Cheese

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Return of the Grilled Cheese

Post by sinklair » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Give it up to 25-66 management... all you can eat grilled cheese sandwiches were provided by management again.

That makes everything better on Pierson Road... right?

Bdl

Re: Return of the Grilled Cheese

Post by Bdl » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:39 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:44 pm
Give it up to 25-66 management... all you can eat grilled cheese sandwiches were provided by management again.

Only if it was on Spatz bread.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:20 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Yeah, grilled cheese sandwiches served without soup is the worst kind of mismanagement.
Hopefully, they used American slices.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:54 pm

Where I work, we don't get sandwiches. Just orders to continue working. So, if you are saying that the sandwiches are distracting and keeping work from being done, I'd agree. But, if you say the pittance of a grilled cheese sandwich to help morale is a slap in the face, I'd disagree. They aren't required to provide any type of reward. What they SHOULD do for morale is actually be good managers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:24 pm

I’d agree if they were good managers. But they’re not. So serving up grilled cheese is pretty much a slap in the face.

Give us market-competitive wages. Hire more people. Stop micromanaging. Give workers an opportunity to do work that we can be proud of instead of the meetings and spot news that fill up our last place newscasts.

Any of this would be better than grilled cheese...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:30 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:24 pm
I’d agree if they were good managers. But they’re not. So serving up grilled cheese is pretty much a slap in the face.

Give us market-competitive wages. Hire more people. Stop micromanaging. Give workers an opportunity to do work that we can be proud of instead of the meetings and spot news that fill up our last place newscasts.

Any of this would be better than grilled cheese...
And soup!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:06 am

Friday.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:26 am

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:06 am
Friday.
What a shame!
Grilled cheese without soup... Not being able to dunk your grilled cheese in tomato soup should be grounds for dismissal!
Instead of all this other crazy stuff you're complaining about, you should be fighting for whats important!
Grilled cheese and tomato soup are like Romeo and Juliet, eggs and bacon, Lovinlife and Haloperidol!
Some things should not be separated...

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:16 pm

Find a better job in a bigger market. You don't have to throw your career away in a non destination market like Angie and Matt.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:59 pm

You’re right WhiteBalance. But until I have an out to pursue other opportunities, I’m going to call out poor management decisions. 25-66 management can either change their ways to put quality journalism at the core of their beliefs, or they risk more than just one unhappy worker posting on the Buzzboard. By all indications, managers seem content with putting their heads in the sand.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 pm

I guess as long as the management is going to be forever shitty, the least they could do is bring in something catered. I think that the job market is forever changed. No longer do employers feel like they need to appreciate the employees that make their business work, the employees have to be thankful to be employed. I don't know the solution, at least not here in Michigan.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:19 pm

DAC wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 pm
I guess as long as the management is going to be forever shitty, the least they could do is bring in something catered. I think that the job market is forever changed. No longer do employers feel like they need to appreciate the employees that make their business work, the employees have to be thankful to be employed. I don't know the solution, at least not here in Michigan.
Pete Veto will tell you straight up. "The companies not responsible for your morale."

Sin, I know in the past I've said "you should march into the boss's office and tell 'em what for!
You could walk in there, with grilled cheese in hand and say, "mmm, Sir, this grilled cheese would be so good, if we had some soup to go with it. Sir, may we please have some soup also next time?"
You might be surprised!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:35 pm

DAC: there is no loyalty. You can work hard for the white shirts, only to be told that your contract isn’t being renewed, that your services are no longer needed, that despite you doing everything management has asked you to do, that it’s just “business”.

I’ve seen too many people in this business give their blood, sweat and tears only to be kicked out the door for the greed of managers who don’t know the definition of appreciation. They are only out for themselves, the bottom line, their bonuses. Screw everything else.

The best bosses I’ve worked for understand that success is built on the people you surround yourself with. That you pay your dues, work hard, be good to your fellow coworker.

Today’s motto at 25-66 (and likely 5 & 12): work harder for less. When someone comes around that’s cheaper, just remember you’re replaceable.

Thats why there’s no loyalty. It starts at the top.

Beer: just keep trolling! And enjoy your grilled cheese.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:45 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:35 pm
DAC: there is no loyalty. You can work hard for the white shirts, only to be told that your contract isn’t being renewed, that your services are no longer needed, that despite you doing everything management has asked you to do, that it’s just “business”.

I’ve seen too many people in this business give their blood, sweat and tears only to be kicked out the door for the greed of managers who don’t know the definition of appreciation. They are only out for themselves, the bottom line, their bonuses. Screw everything else.

The best bosses I’ve worked for understand that success is built on the people you surround yourself with. That you pay your dues, work hard, be good to your fellow coworker.

Today’s motto at 25-66 (and likely 5 & 12): work harder for less. When someone comes around that’s cheaper, just remember you’re replaceable.

Thats why there’s no loyalty. It starts at the top.

Beer: just keep trolling! And enjoy your grilled cheese.
I’m not trollin’ just lookin’ for soup to go with my sandwich. You mean they didn’t even have cup-a-soup?

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:49 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:35 pm

I really think that case in point here is Jamie Kagol, as I don’t believe he left by his own doing

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic