Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Clown show at MSU (WXYT related)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Clown show at MSU (WXYT related)

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:47 pm

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 723774002/

MSU Board of trustees was on the Jamie and Stoney show today. He called Luke Fickell, who turned down the MSU job, a waffling flake. What a clown show!!!! This is why MSU will always be little brother!!!

Chrocket87

Re: Clown show at MSU (WXYT related)

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:05 pm

LOL! They can’t get any of their targets to defect to that shitshow! It really doesn’t help that Dantonio left at a horrible time, so it would be very hard to recruit for next year.

It’s gonna be a tough few years in East Landfill.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:25 pm

I've been trying to be a little more mature about this as (ironically) my little brothers and little sister are all rabid MSU fans. But it is taking every ounce of my being to not troll the hell out of them about this. It's like everything was okay until the floodgates opened on Valenti's show last week with the "stepping down" announcement.

Being the only Michigan fan amongst the siblings, I have taken a LOT of shit over the last 12 years. So I don't feel bad for them or the program at all. All they have done is talk shit over the last decade. "A Decade of Relevance" would make a great documentary for MSU football!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:43 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:25 pm
I've been trying to be a little more mature about this as (ironically) my little brothers and little sister are all rabid MSU fans. But it is taking every ounce of my being to not troll the hell out of them about this. It's like everything was okay until the floodgates opened on Valenti's show last week with the "stepping down" announcement.

Being the only Michigan fan amongst the siblings, I have taken a LOT of shit over the last 12 years. So I don't feel bad for them or the program at all. All they have done is talk shit over the last decade. "A Decade of Relevance" would make a great documentary for MSU football!
I don't think that things have been okay at MSU since the Larry Nassar revelation and how poorly they handled it. It's a stain on the entire university and who wants to be associated with it, and goes way beyond athletics.

To the OP, as for being WXYT related..... Barely.

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:25 pm

So when is Michigan planning on becoming relevant?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:41 pm

Now REALLY isn't the time to be talking shit...

-TurkeyTop

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:38 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:41 pm
I think Gertner is right. Right now neither of them are relevant, which probably was easy to predict once the Big 10 became the Big 200.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:22 am

Michigan's relevant, but only in the sense of "they beat (insert MAC II school here) but when are they gonna beat ohio?" They're always a step or two away from doing something but then they fall back into the "we're Michigan, things will turn our way" mindset.

-TurkeyTop

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:21 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:22 am
Michigan's relevant, but only in the sense of "they beat (insert MAC II school here) but when are they gonna beat ohio?" They're always a step or two away from doing something but then they fall back into the "we're Michigan, things will turn our way" mindset.
They will be relevant when they dump Harbaugh and get a real coach. I’m a Michigan fan, BTW.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 pm

I drank that Kool-Aid for a couple of years; I'll admit it. But around 2017 I started to see through it. Michigan thought it was gonna be an overnight thing. BZZT. Wrong answer. Prestige and former glories don't win football games. Michigan thinks they can coast on their name. And ohio will continue to eat our lunch until they get it through their thick heads.

-TurkeyTop

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 pm
I drank that Kool-Aid for a couple of years; I'll admit it. But around 2017 I started to see through it. Michigan thought it was gonna be an overnight thing. BZZT. Wrong answer. Prestige and former glories don't win football games. Michigan thinks they can coast on their name. And ohio will continue to eat our lunch until they get it through their thick heads.
Same with basketball.

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:22 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:41 pm
Michigan State is a dumpster fire that I don't see being extinguished for a long time.

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:14 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:47 pm
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 723774002/

MSU Board of trustees was on the Jamie and Stoney show today. He called Luke Fickell, who turned down the MSU job, a waffling flake. What a clown show!!!! This is why MSU will always be little brother!!!
The entire board was on?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic