Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Time Magazine: The Dems have lost their cotton-picking minds!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Time Magazine: The Dems have lost their cotton-picking minds!

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:33 am

Maybe they should have of asked if they would rather move to China or Venezuela.

No doubt they have lost it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:32 am

This is ridiculous and a gross misinterpretation of this survey. In this survey linked below, conducted by the University of Massachusetts Lowell all the other questions were serious. This one was obviously not. Although they did not report this, I would love to know the reaction of the voter being surveyed when being asked this question (as in, how many people laughed or gasped when asked). And there were only two options, forcing an answer. Kinda like asking someone "When did you stop beating your wife?" Wonder how people at a Trump rally would answer something similar?

"Which of the following outcomes would you prefer occur on November 3, 2020?
A) Bernie Sanders elected President of the United States or
B) A massive coronavirus epidemic that kills off 99% of the human population."

https://www.uml.edu/docs/TOPLINE%20-%20 ... 321680.pdf

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:57 am

The last words of Nathan Hale - Revolutionary War hero - soldier spy for Continental Army - captured and executed by the British:

”I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country!”

Founding Father Patrick Henry:

“Give me liberty, or give me death!”

And now for a little quiz. Who said:

“Live free, or die!”

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 am

Yo - LL101.
Lay out your formula to stop abortion.
Just assume Roe has been overturned by SCOTUS, and abortion in The US is once again illegal in every state.
Now what?
How would you stop abortion from being accomplished by females living in The US after it’s banned nationwide?
Please don’t side step this question. Lay out your “prevent choice/abortion no longer possible” scenario in very practical ideas and actions.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Just wanted to see the impossible exposed. The impossible which you LL101 and many other Americans promote as do-able in The Land of Liberty.

You see - with murder - (your premise LL101) - we punish by murdering - via the state. Or - the “collective we” often imprison for life. Thus - the logical extension of your “abortion is murder” premise is: punish the murderer by murdering the female, or imprisoning her for life. Or imprison and watch her round the clock while pregnant - until she delivers.

I have expressed the truism “abortion will always be with us” many many times on this board. This is the FIRST time (because of your premise) you’ve agreed - by stating “murder” will always be with us.

Regarding your accusation that I would condone slavery -
it’s simply you - once again - arrogantly and preposterously - and falsely - speaking - allegedly on my behalf.

You are a horse ass. Something a pony soldier might ride!
You’re welcome.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:55 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:56 pm
You see - with murder - (your premise LL101) - we punish by murdering - via the state. Or - the “collective we” often imprison for life.
We don't "punish" a murderer by killing them. The death penalty is there as a deterrent. When it's not effective as a deterrent we should be using it to eliminate some members of society who have proven to be a danger to the rest of society.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:51 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:55 pm
screen glare wrote:
You see - with murder - (your premise LL101) - we punish by murdering - via the state. Or - the “collective we” often imprison for life.
We don't "punish" a murderer by killing them. The death penalty is there as a deterrent. When it's not effective as a deterrent we should be using it to eliminate some members of society who have proven to be a danger to the rest of society.
Personally I Think being forced to suffer at bare minimums for as long as physically possible is a better solution. The death penalty lets them off too Easy. I’m gonna die is less a deterrent than I’m going to suffer in pure unrelenting agony for 20 years. Cruel and unusual punishment you might say? You waive that when you kill someone else.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:51 pm
km1125 wrote:
screen glare wrote:
Personally I Think being forced to suffer at bare minimums for as long as physically possible is a better solution. The death penalty lets them off too Easy. I’m gonna die is less a deterrent than I’m going to suffer in pure unrelenting agony for 20 years. Cruel and unusual punishment you might say? You waive that when you kill someone else.
I'd be with you on that, but somehow we're stuck in a mode of providing Hilton or Hyatt accommodations with cable TV and free college educations and all kinds of amenities.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 am
Rate This wrote:
km1125 wrote:
screen glare wrote:
I'd be with you on that, but somehow we're stuck in a mode of providing Hilton or Hyatt accommodations with cable TV and free college educations and all kinds of amenities.
I always found the George Carlin bit about televised executions in prime time to be rather clever...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:45 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 am
Rate This wrote:
km1125 wrote:
screen glare wrote:
Not to mention free medical, dental and optical.

We have to start to wonder, who has less freedom; those who work hard, pay taxes and deal with over-burdensome regulations - or those on welfare or in prison.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:57 am

Shock: I 100% agree with James Carville.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4830 ... -communist

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic