Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What does it take to get banned from this board?

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Honeyman

What does it take to get banned from this board?

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:56 am

Is this board completely censor-free and whatever anybody posts is allowed?

I'm asking and specifically referring to a person who continuously uses gay slurs. What is to stop someone else from using slurs against blacks? Would the N-word be allowed here? Can you call Jewish people kykes? (FTR I'm straight, white, and Jewish).

Seriously, I know it's your board and you call the shots here, MW. We can mute people, leave the board, etc. I'm not trying to be an asshole, just curious if there actually is any line that can't be crossed.

The censorship king from out of state.

kager

Re: What does it take to get banned from this board?

Post by kager » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:52 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:56 am

I'm asking and specifically referring to a person who continuously uses gay slurs. What is to stop someone else from using slurs against blacks? Would the N-word be allowed here? Can you call Jewish people kykes? (FTR I'm straight, white, and Jewish).

Seriously, I know it's your board and you call the shots here, MW. We can mute people, leave the board, etc. I'm not trying to be an asshole, just curious if there actually is any line that can't be crossed.
Guessing it just comes naturally to some...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:21 am

Since the moderator isn't going to do anything about the person I suspect the OP is talking about, despite repeated requests from numerous posters, I suggest the best thing to do is "foe" him so you can't see his posts. Feeding the troll by suggesting his nonsense is worth replying to just encourages him all the more.

Incidentally, I have seen posters banned for posting much less homophobic crap than this certain person has.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:14 am

If you use that 4 letter word that starts with an H and means "really big" repeatedly you think you can get in trouble. 🤔

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:20 am

Use the Ignore feature. This board can hurt your feelings.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:14 am

kager wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:52 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:56 am

Guessing it just comes naturally to some...
Or how about this little gem?
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:07 am
Cue the violins for YM, hes "in the beginning signs of dying" but might have 10 years left. WTF does that mean? When we're born, we are in the beginning signs of dying. Nobody knows if they have 10 years, much left 10 minutes left.

But hey, if you are gonna off yourself, do it before November, especially if you live in Michigan, it's a swing state.
Telling a conservative to kill himself before November so he can't vote in a swing state. Now THAT is classy. So classy that it is considered murder in some states if you encourage someone to kill themself and they actually do it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:28 am

I long ago gave up on MW moderating anything. I started using the ignore feature which I suspect he would suggest anyways...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:25 am

Obviously by not answering directly, MW has given me my answer. Understandable that he doesn't want draw any lines and expects us to all act like human beings to each other. It's just sad many of us can't.

That said, I was out-of-line in the comments to YM you posted, bmw. They might not sound as bad read in context of the thread, but nonetheless were completely wrong. I have apologized to him, but still doesn't excuse them.

No mea culpa as far as calling Matt what I did. Only reason that was done kager is because he posted an earlier thread calling Izzo the same word in the title of the thread. A highly-regarded, Hall of Fame basketball coach slurred and libeled like that. That comment I have no regrets about.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 pm

I have better things to do than to babysit (i.e. censor) on behalf of a handful of overly sensitive adults.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 pm
I have better things to do than to babysit (i.e. censor) on behalf of a handful of overly sensitive adults.
I’m not sure that we are being overly sensitive if someone is abusing posting on the board... we seem to be rather unanimous that the person in question is a troll and isn’t wanted... I wouldn’t even call it babysitting... more like taking out the trash. You have a person posting wildly random and inappropriate references to sex and homosexual things in threads where that has no relation for no reason other than to get a rise out of people. Are you surprised that several people stopped coming here altogether when the behavior increased and nothing was done to curtail it?

There’s a difference between censoring and preventing a troll from running amok... you are taking a very minority position in the message board world... I’m not sure whether to commend or condemn that...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:26 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
I’m not sure that we are being overly sensitive if someone is abusing posting on the board... we seem to be rather unanimous that the person in question is a troll and isn’t wanted... I wouldn’t even call it babysitting... more like taking out the trash. You have a person posting wildly random and inappropriate references to sex and homosexual things in threads where that has no relation for no reason other than to get a rise out of people. Are you surprised that several people stopped coming here altogether when the behavior increased and nothing was done to curtail it?

There’s a difference between censoring and preventing a troll from running amok... you are taking a very minority position in the message board world... I’m not sure whether to commend or condemn that...
I really do not understand, MW's position. Right above this post, he has his "TERMS OF USE"

1. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any material that may violate common law or statutory law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed necessary at the discretion of the Administrator. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

...how does trollinlifes comments not fall in that category?

Again, I understand it's MW's show, MW's rules....but it seems like the rules he himself established have been clearly broken.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 am

Yeah that’s pretty cut and dry. Maybe it’s just window dressing?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
The boss has spoken. Lets move on.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:39 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:25 am
Obviously by not answering directly, MW has given me my answer. Understandable that he doesn't want draw any lines and expects us to all act like human beings to each other. It's just sad many of us can't.

That said, I was out-of-line in the comments to YM you posted, bmw. They might not sound as bad read in context of the thread, but nonetheless were completely wrong. I have apologized to him, but still doesn't excuse them.

No mea culpa as far as calling Matt what I did. Only reason that was done kager is because he posted an earlier thread calling Izzo the same word in the title of the thread. A highly-regarded, Hall of Fame basketball coach slurred and libeled like that. That comment I have no regrets about.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tom Izzo is a Hall of Fame whiner, liar, cheater, and rape enabler. For you to come on here and suggest that the word faggot is unacceptable when you just recently called me a cunt is beyond pathetic. I'm a big boy and I can take being called names by a mental midget. Coincidentally, you can read more about iiar, cheater, and rape enabler Tom Izzo here: https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 21&t=49535

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:22 am

I answered your bullshit in the appropriate threads in the Stadium section.

And if you look there, you will see who initiated the "cunt" talk. Reference the title of your thread from November 21st.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic