Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

My Unscientific Prediction for 2020

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

My Unscientific Prediction for 2020

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:48 pm

Trump by a landslide.

We were at a big flea market today and the longest lines were at the table selling Trump paraphernalia. Hats, tee shirts, coffee mugs, bumper stickers and fridge magnets.

"Farmers for Trump." "Gun owners for Trump." "Truckers for Trump." "Smokers for Trump." Women for Trump" "Pastors for Trump." "Jesus for Trump."

The most popular item was the red tee shirt with an image of Trump's face and the caption "God, guns, guts and glory, keep America Great."

Trump in 2020. America adores Trump.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Re: My Unscientific Prediction for 2020

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:51 pm

Don’t take that show to gun totin’ Vermont... they’ll burn it all in effigy... they’ve have guns and they are very very liberal.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:00 pm

I'm not quite ready yet to go on the record with my official predictions for 2020, both in regards to the House, Senate, and White House. I do think Trump has an easier path to the WH than does any Democrat. I also think the Republicans hold a comfortable enough margin in the Senate that it will be tough for Dems to take over. As to the House, that is totally up in the air, though at this time I would have to say it is favored to remain controlled by Democrats.

I may be much closer after Super Tuesday next month to being ready to make some predictions.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:00 pm
I'm not quite ready yet to go on the record with my official predictions for 2020, both in regards to the House, Senate, and White House. I do think Trump has an easier path to the WH than does any Democrat. I also think the Republicans hold a comfortable enough margin in the Senate that it will be tough for Dems to take over. As to the House, that is totally up in the air, though at this time I would have to say it is favored to remain controlled by Democrats.

I may be much closer after Super Tuesday next month to being ready to make some predictions.
Preliminarily I’d say the Democrat is favored to win the popular vote (they have in 5 of the last 6) but there’s at least a 50-50 chance of another electoral college decision. The senate is 50-50. It depends how much impeachment votes hurt some of the Republicans (yes Collins and Gardner especially looking at you) while the house should remain Democratic fairly easily. We may get another blue wave this year but time will tell. I’m rather partial to the adage that in politics a week is a long time.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Throngs of Trump fans at a flea market???!??!?!?!? Next thing you'll tell me is that water is wet.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:11 am

Think it's kind of ridiculous to make that prediction the second week of February. Wasn't Trump at about 3% at this juncture of 2016? Let's at least wait and see who the Democrats run.

That said, if anyone can fuck this up.....it's the Democrats.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic