Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rush Limbaugh’s advanced lung cancer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Rush Limbaugh’s advanced lung cancer

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:44 am

Mike Huckabee is another guy that could pull it off.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MisterT

Post by MisterT » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:37 am

All of the listeners of conservative talk radio are dying off as young people refuse to embrace their backwards ideology, so I don't think there will ever be a replacement who will attain the audience Oxy Rush did. WJR will continue to sink.
Last edited by MisterT on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:39 am

Rush is one-of-a-kind. I don't know of anybody out there who could even pull 80% of the ratings he does. The few people who could maybe come close are already retired or too old to take the gig (Bill O'Reilly and Neal Boortz are a few names who come to mind). I like Huckabee, but I can't seem him in this kind of role. Glenn Beck wouldn't pull the ratings. The most frequent guest-host, Mark Stein, likely isn't interested (not to mention I don't know just how popular he is). Maybe Ken Matthews?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm

What about that idiot, Levin? He seems irrational, close-minded and unhinged enough.

The censorship king from out of state.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm
What about that idiot, Levin? He seems irrational, close-minded and unhinged enough.
Youve just described yourself.
But you forgot philosophically bigoted and grouchy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Nah, I've been out of radio too long.

But don't wallow in the negative, Y.M. Seize the day! You only got 9 years and 362 days to go.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Beck and Levin already have shows so they would have to give up their current shows or just add the Limbaugh affiliates to them which would make more sense.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Nah, I've been out of radio too long.

But don't wallow in the negative, Y.M. Seize the day! You only got 9 years and 362 days to go.
And your mocking of me for it shows what an utter piece of shit you are.
Basically youve earned any nasty treatment i could shove on you.
But im not a leftist so I dont do that.
Pretty funny. You guys on the left accuse Trump of mocking a disabled reporter and cite that as a reason you hate him. But a guy who has diabetic complications in his 40s, depression, constant body pain, worsening neuropathy and signs of kidney trouble while suffering from too many financial issues to properly treat anything is fair game to mock because im not a Democrat.
Keep it assy. Not classy because you arent.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Sorry for your complications, YM. Your comments "I think I'm in the beginning stages of dying myself." and "I dont think i have even 10 years left." were quite vague, I think you will admit. I really didn't mean to wish any ill will on you. Whether you accept my apology or not, I am sorry they were taken that way.

Things were triggered because I do have issues with your comments on RBG. Saying she "is not effective at her job anymore" is simply wrong. And she hadn't taken an enormous amount of time off at all. You seem to want to throw her in the glue pile, when anyone who know knows her story would realize it is her work that keeps her going. I believe her to be an American hero and have great respect for her, and many on this board and those sitting in the oval office, trash her legacy.

Best of luck to you, I will not make comments in that vain again.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:32 pm

The very good (Peter Jennings) and the very bad (Rush Limbaugh) are all vulnerable to lung cancer - or any illness or disease that kills you. Even innocent little kids die of cancer. So - since every human dies one way or another - we shouldn’t let our sympathy for disease sufferers stop us from calling out their horrific contributions to humanity - IF that’s what they did.

Limbaugh is one of the worst human beings ever to utter words into a microphone. Hateful to a fare-thee-well. Evil and rotten to the core. Leading malleable minds down conspiracy alley. Ginning up rancor, division, violence, anti-patriotism, racism, misogyny, xenophobia.

Should be the last guy to be awarded The Medal of Freedom. And it took a like-minded scuz bucket putz to order one for him.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 pm

Please spare us the phony outrage... this fat drug-addict slob has trafficked in racism and misogyny and hate for 30 years. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over a shitty hand getting dealt to a shitty person.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:36 am

Motown322 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 pm
Please spare us the phony outrage... this fat drug-addict slob has trafficked in racism and misogyny and hate for 30 years. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over a shitty hand getting dealt to a shitty person.
All the while making 35 mill a year and probably not sincerely believing half of what he says...

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:54 am

Who would have thought that living an unhealthy lifestyle would lead to an untimely, uncomfortable end? This is so weird. It's almost as though actions have consequences.

No one deserves the suffering he is about to endure but when you are in a position where you know people listen to your every word and you hold a lot of influence over them, then I can't pity you when you mock warnings about the dangers of smoking when you suffer the outcome. In some ways this is almost proof of a God of some sort. Everything happens for a reason, even suffering, so maybe, just as his word influenced idiots who listen to political characters to believe smoking isn't dangerous, maybe his death from a smoking-related disease will be a lesson for them. Doubt it, but he gets zero pity on these grounds.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic