Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rush Limbaugh’s advanced lung cancer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Rush Limbaugh’s advanced lung cancer

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:07 am

Cue the violins for YM, hes "in the beginning signs of dying" but might have 10 years left. WTF does that mean? When we're born, we are in the beginning signs of dying. Nobody knows if they have 10 years, much left 10 minutes left.

But hey, if you are gonna off yourself, do it before November, especially if you live in Michigan, it's a swing state.
Last edited by Honeyman on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:14 am

Mitch is a lotta things, but stupid is not one of them. He knew exactly what he was doing making sure that Supreme Court seat was left open. That way, he was sure to get the best turnout from the conservative base in November.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:20 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:14 am
Mitch is a lotta things, but stupid is not one of them. He knew exactly what he was doing making sure that Supreme Court seat was left open. That way, he was sure to get the best turnout from the conservative base in November.
Machiavellian... the ends (more conservative turnout) justifies the means (holding up the nomination of Garland using never before seen logic)

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:12 am

Death is NOT punishment.

Rush gets to prepare, sign off, say goodbye.

Nurses say the worst death from disease is a lung cancer death.

Suffering can seem purifying.

No glee.

Relief.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:43 am

I remember Rush's comments on nicotine as well as him poo-pooing health ailments caused by tobacco use. There was no bigger stooge for the tobacco industry in the national media than him. He made such remarks frequently in the 90s, when I used to listen to his show often.

Hate to say this - but he got what he deserved. He did it to himself. That being said, by no means do I want to see him suffer.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:26 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:14 am
screen glare wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:12 am
Death is NOT punishment.

No glee.

Relief.
And this is the heart of your heartlessness to innocent, vulnerable life.

Your logic defends the Holocaust.

screen glare: (sitting back, watching genocide) “Maybe these Jews have it better in death! Derp!”
Actually in this context coming for SG this was a rather somber and touching post... you’re really twisting in the wind of criticize it...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:47 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:46 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:26 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:14 am
screen glare wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:12 am
Death is NOT punishment.

No glee.

Relief.
And this is the heart of your heartlessness to innocent, vulnerable life.

Your logic defends the Holocaust.

screen glare: (sitting back, watching genocide) “Maybe these Jews have it better in death! Derp!”
Actually in this context coming for SG this was a rather somber and touching post... you’re really twisting in the wind of criticize it...
screen glare celebrates death. He wants it for all vulnerable, innocent life.
Rush Limbaugh is a vulnerable innocent life? The man makes 35 million a year and has access to the best medicine money can buy...

MisterT

Post by MisterT » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:01 am

About damn time! LOL at lovinlife trying to defend this sick clown slob. You're clearly only pro-life when it comes to straight old white ass clowns.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:04 am

Like I am guessing everybody on this board, I have had many friends, relatives and a great dog die of cancer. It's a horrible disease. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I certainly hope Limbaugh does not suffer, but I for one will not lose any sleep over it. As MW correctly stated, Rush has nobody to blame but himself. He smoked and gave himself lung cancer. It was his brazen disregard for medical fact. He's hardly an innocent 3 year old child who was stricken with childhood leukemia.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:15 am

A past boss of mine (was my boss during the whole ordeal) died from lung cancer. His condition deteriorated quickly and he lived for about a year and a half after diagnosis. He suffered throughout, and from what I saw, the chemo side-effects were the largest source of his suffering. Certainly not how I would want to live the last year and a half of my life. He once was a heavy smoker but quit like 6 or 7 years prior after having a heart attack.

While a lot of threats to your health return to nearly normal levels some time after one quits smoking, the one thing that does NOT decrease is your odds of ever getting lung cancer. They steadily increase with every cigarette smoked, and when you quit, those odds stay right where they are. I always feel like the anti-smoking campaigns are a bit deceptive when they deal with this one particular stat. It is always worded something like "when you quit smoking, after 10 years, your odds of lung cancer will be half of what they were had you continued smoking." That stat hides the fact that the odds don't go down like everything else does.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:05 am

He’s not celebrating his death... leave the abortion stuff in the other thread.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:53 pm

He's had his news cycle, let's get on to important matters.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:54 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:00 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:46 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:32 pm

Im not hoping for her to die. Just to do whats best for herself and the country. Retire and relax.
She is not very effective at her job anymore because of her health and thats not really fair to her colleagues and the country.
Moreover, at this point in her life, its fine to retire and finally get some time to enjoy life.
Nothing she has done deserves death.
Fuck you. What a patronizing, completely full of shit, post. "Don't die, just get off the high court". Maybe if McConnell would guarantee there would be no Supreme Court appointments in the last year of a presidents term like he did 4 years ago, it would be considered. But we all know how good Moscow Mitch's word is.

How is she not effective at her job anymore? Like Clarence Thomas does anything? She's a brilliant jurist with a fantastic legal mind. But you don't like her decisions so you want her to go away....but not die. How big of you. Fuck you.
When one has to take much time off for health reasons, then they are unable to do their job. We will agree to disagree about her brilliance. Her criticism of the very constitution she is supposed to uphold ( saying she doesnt consider it a model for others to follow) tells me shes an activist who is more interested in undermining it.
But I digress...
If she is out for health reasons, then she cannot rule. And that means its interfeing with her job.
But, keep deflecting with your barely coherant rants against Mitch, for whatever reason.
I thank you for your warm, cordial, decent response. Unhinged, off the wall, angry and intolerant. Like every one of you stinking liberalis i encounter.
I have an.uncle who is just like you. I told my immediate family that i fear he will send a pipe bomb to a GOP office. And i wasnt joking. The guy legitimately worries me.I had to stop following him on FB due to his political-based anger because it messed with my blood pressure. Go get some help before you nut off.
I really hope you werent implying that i want to see someone with whom i disagree dead. Im not a left-winger, so i dont think that way.
Dont worry. Ill be gone soon. My health complications are kicking in and i dont think i have even 10 years left. I just want to find happiness in a country that until now has granted me enough economic and personal freedoms to do so.
I think im in the beginning stages of dying myself. I dont like seeing anyone suffering. And lately ive been thinking about taking my own life. But im still trying to find happiness. And wish the same for others in poor health.
Why dont you do the same.
Honeyman has a point... what’s fair is fair... no appointments in the last year of a presidents term now...
As if...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:26 am

I will say this - news/talk PDs and GMs nationwide are shitting their pants.

If you think WJR's ratings are terrible now, just wait until Limbaugh is no longer doing live shows!

WOR in New York is another station that will quickly sink.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:43 am

Glenn Beck when he was CNN was very good. He has the talent if he could stay focused.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic