Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gun rights rally, no violence

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Gun rights rally, no violence

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Surprise, surprise!

No violence!

I’M SHOCKED!!!!!

lovinlife101

Re: Gun rights rally, no violence

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm

I stand by my original statement.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:22 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm
I stand by my original statement.
So you are shocked that there wasn’t violence... got it. Me too.
My original comment was facetious (look it up).

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Thousands of people with guns, no incidents.

The gooberner wanted to make it a “gun free” zone during the demonstration. They gave the goober a big F-U!!!! Nothing happened.

Meanwhile, in “gun free” Chicago, three people shot to death, 13 others injured by gun violence. https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/3 ... o/2203780/

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:39 am

screen glare wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:01 am
Big long guns.

Small short members.
You would know. The men use you as a gauge.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:21 pm
I need an explanation why so many of the folks who were passionate about gun rights showed up in "costume".
I'm not critiquing what they stand for.
But was the paratrooper, dressed to the hilt show really necessary?
Kind of takes the "take me seriously" off the table, if you ask me anyway.
People are allowed to wear whatever they want. Sorry you don’t approve.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:36 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
I need an explanation why so many of the folks who were passionate about gun rights showed up in "costume".
Those people are presumably ready to roll into battle at the drop of a hat if their rights are supposedly infringed...
I hope so!

That’s literally what happened during the Revolutionary War.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:09 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Those people are presumably ready to roll into battle at the drop of a hat if their rights are supposedly infringed...
I hope so!

That would be grossly out of proportion with some benign rules... how do those rules even harm anyone?
Any restriction on the second amendment is just as unconstitutional as any restriction on the first amendment.

Your threshold for whether a law should be made is based on whether the rule “hurts” someone? Glad you weren’t at the constitutional convention. You would have sided with England.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:55 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:10 pm
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
I hope so!

That would be grossly out of proportion with some benign rules... how do those rules even harm anyone?
Any restriction on the second amendment is just as unconstitutional as any restriction on the first amendment.

Your threshold for whether a law should be made is based on whether the rule “hurts” someone? Glad you weren’t at the constitutional convention. You would have sided with England.
Infringement of The right to bear arms is “you may not have guns, sorry”.

A law to limit the number purchased in a month or to take them away from those who may imminently use them to kill people don’t meet that threshold.
100% wrong.

The constitution protects people’s right to bear arms from being “infringed.” Infringement is a much lesser threshold than “regulated, “limited,” or “banned.”

Infringement is NOT taking away all guns like you say. It’s any limit on the right to have any kind and as many as you decide.

Your logic would say that infringement on free speech would be “you can’t speak at all.” Rather, limiting any speech is a violation of the first amendment just like limiting any guns is a violation of the second amendment.

Just because you don’t like something or are scared of it doesn’t justify limiting or banning it for others.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:44 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 am
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
I hope so!

A law to limit the number purchased in a month or to take them away from those who may imminently use them to kill people don’t meet that threshold.
100% wrong.

The constitution protects people’s right to bear arms from being “infringed.” Infringement is a much lesser threshold than “regulated, “limited,” or “banned.”

Infringement is NOT taking away all guns like you say. It’s any limit on the right to have any kind and as many as you decide.

Your logic would say that infringement on free speech would be “you can’t speak at all.” Rather, limiting any speech is a violation of the first amendment just like limiting any guns is a violation of the second amendment.

Just because you don’t like something or are scared of it doesn’t justify limiting or banning it for others.
If I remember right two courts (one might have been SCOTUS) upheld Virginia’s state capital grounds Gun ban before the rally so it’s not nearly as black and white as you want it to be.
Any reason for capitalizing “Gun”?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:51 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:43 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 am
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
I hope so!

100% wrong.

If I remember right two courts (one might have been SCOTUS) upheld Virginia’s state capital grounds Gun ban before the rally so it’s not nearly as black and white as you want it to be.
Spell check is a funny thing... I probably tapped the capitalize and didn’t catch it... oh well.
Don’t worry. You’re only wrong about words, thoughts, ideas, beliefs, and life. No big deal.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:56 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:51 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:43 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 am
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
I hope so!

100% wrong.

Spell check is a funny thing... I probably tapped the capitalize and didn’t catch it... oh well.
Don’t worry. You’re only wrong about words, thoughts, ideas, beliefs, and life. No big deal.
You are deeply troubled.
Nope!

You’re only 100% wrong about that too!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic