Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Iheart Disloctation

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
JEDSBALLS

Iheart Disloctation

Post by JEDSBALLS » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:09 pm

So no more Live jocks on the air at Iheart Toledo?

AMFMTV

Re: Iheart Disloctation

Post by AMFMTV » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:44 pm

"dislocation"... who's the "proud" PR asshat that came up with that???

Horrible day. It's my understanding all (most) jock bios removed from iheart websites. Morning show bios remain. YMMV

I have confirmation that all but one gone from WAKS/CLE

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1832 ... edia-cuts/

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Allot of you remember Nick Gnau as GM of Cumulus Toledo. He will head up the "Community" platform for iHeart, with a few others.

Schedule portions of the Toledo cluster are all missing/blank. No names listed. Seems that the "Schedule" links are gone too.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Talked to a buddy of mine who used to work for Iheart. The layoffs include Jerry Pickering, Don Zellers, Dan Nawrocki, Aimee from IOT and the River, and Chris Proctor from Kiss-FM and 94.9 the Beat. A sad day for everyone who works over there.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm

Who's left? Rick on the River, Fred and Scott at SPDy and that's it?? Any local production? Sh**, the only "Local programming" will be the crap that is brokered on WCWA. What a horrific day for radio. If it's not local, it will die. Just like WNWO news from South Bend- crap product and taking it down the sewer. I thought iHeart had a big bucket of money, so why not keep some local talent? It's crazy when Cumulus actually has more local talent now than the original iHeart. Wish radio deregulation never happened in 1996 and you still had locals owning their two stations and that's it. Why listen to syndicated crap 20 of 24 hours when I can hear the same garbage on SiriusXM? Now I see why radio wanted to kill off the Mom and Pop internet radio stations, because it was run by people who gave a crap about their on-air product. Sad, sad day. Sorry Don and Aimee and friends.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:11 pm

It looks like Scott Sands's show on 1370 is a rerun today, as they're mentioning events that have already happened.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm

WNDE Indy dumped their afternoon show, meaning no local programming left. 1430 canned their only local show last year. Three sports stations in that town, with only 1070 having any sort of Indy sports talk.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:44 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm
WNDE Indy dumped their afternoon show, meaning no local programming left. 1430 canned their only local show last year. Three sports stations in that town, with only 1070 having any sort of Indy sports talk.
The afternoon team in Indy should have offered to buy that time slot, and continued with their show. Going forward, that AM signal will be little more than "bonus land" for buys on other stations in the cluster.

I've been gone from Toledo 30+ years, so I am not familiar with any of the folks who got sacked, but I still think it stinks. How long before IHM decides they don't need anyone in places like Toledo?

Hey WOHO, I can see it now... if the telecom act of '96 hadn't happened, the Dickey Bros would probably still be living at their childhood home on Deepwood Lane in south Toledo. I'd take that bet. :rollin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:17 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:44 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm
The afternoon team in Indy should have offered to buy that time slot, and continued with their show. Going forward, that AM signal will be little more than "bonus land" for buys on other stations in the cluster.

I've been gone from Toledo 30+ years, so I am not familiar with any of the folks who got sacked, but I still think it stinks. How long before IHM decides they don't need anyone in places like Toledo?

Hey WOHO, I can see it now... if the telecom act of '96 hadn't happened, the Dickey Bros would probably still be living at their childhood home on Deepwood Lane in south Toledo. I'd take that bet. :rollin
Hate to say this, but iHM is using more technology. Such technology can VT without a human voice. This means no personalization. No emotional connection. Yes, an afternoon show can easily fool anyone nowadays without anyone in any studio. Here's how:

1) News, WX, sports, bits and traffic hits can all be non-local mp3's (or MP2's) recorded earlier in the day. See Q105 as this example, airing the same traffic mp3 all morning, not reworded.

2) Never give any "current" information. Time, date, temp, gas prices or even current lost pets.

3) Send all school and event closings, contests, song requests, etc. to social media or websites.

4) Current event interviews easily pre-recorded.

5) All calls are generic, non-market specific... even non-identifying. If identified, a generic city like Springfield, which Ohio has at least 3 of. Washington TWP is another, with at least 2 as well.

6) Music title and artist(s) intro'd by sweepers or AI voice. This is what iHM is leaning towards. Q105 is already doing this slightly.

Now that I point this out... you see the wheels were already in motion for this... for a long while now.

Also note- Fred Lafebvre reran the PSA show Sunday morning, of one of his broadcasts. This could have also been a clue.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 am

All this technology has been in existence since the early 90's. iHeart is simply treating medium markets like small markets now.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 am
All this technology has been in existence since the early 90's. iHeart is simply treating medium markets like small markets now.
That would be great... but it's even the big markets. Did you see all the names fired in big cities?

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm

iheart paving the way for Libery Media buy and to roll into SXM/Pandora?

In Cleveland word is all but one gone from CHR WAKS/CLE. Longtime WMJI PM driver (18 years) Don "Action" Jackson is out, as well as two part timers.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:04 pm

AMFMTV wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm
iheart paving the way for Libery Media buy and to roll into SXM/Pandora?

In Cleveland word is all but one gone from CHR WAKS/CLE. Longtime WMJI PM driver (18 years) Don "Action" Jackson is out, as well as two part timers.
Chuck.... did something happen that the WAKS COL is no longer Akron?

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 pm

Boy, I hope Aimee doesn't have to go on food stamps. That could bankrupt Lucas County.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:12 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:04 pm
AMFMTV wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm
In Cleveland word is all but one gone from CHR WAKS/CLE.
Chuck.... did something happen that the WAKS COL is no longer Akron?
As far as I know, they're still licensed to Akron, but they don't act like an Akron station (they're "Cleveland's #1 Hit Music Station").

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic