Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Weather hysterics

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Weather hysterics

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:22 am

Here we go again.

Unseasonable warm weather means “CHANCE OF FLOODING IN AREAS THAT NORMALLY FLOOD!!! YOU’RE BEING WARNED!!!! SEEK SHELTER!!!!!! SEEEEEEEEEEK IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!”

lovinlife101

Re: Weather hysterics

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:29 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:17 pm
So far, the forecast has proven to be a COMPLETE DUD! (at least in terms of precip intensity)

Nothing more than drizzle and very ilght rain in my neck of the woods. I think SE Michigan is going to miss out on most of the heavy rain overnight; it's mainly going to be positioned over Indiana and SW lower Michigan.

I think there will be some heavy rain tomorrow - and some treacherous icing - but I think the computer projections of widespread 2 or 3 inch liquid precip totals is overdone, at least as far as SE Michigan is concerned. (I do think parts of SW Michigan could see totals in that range.)

The hydrologic forecasts put out by NOAA are overzealous. I think minor/moderate river flooding in SE Michigan is likely; I am highly skeptical about the major/record flooding being officially forecast by NOAA.
I saw a report that showed how many people were out of power. One county had one customer without power. One. Complete dud.

lovinlife101

Re: Weather hysterics

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:03 pm

I remember when the news was somewhat useful instead of an annoying neighbor.

“Better put chains on your tires! Storm’s coming!”

“Better get the bread and milk! Storm’s coming!”

“Holy crap! WE BOMBED IRAN!!! We’re all gonna die!”

“Doom!!! Gloom!!! And you’re not prepared!”

Shut up, Wilson. Nobody likes you and nobody trusts you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic