Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

To anyone who liked the Blake Griffin trade...

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

To anyone who liked the Blake Griffin trade...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:19 am

...what do you think now? :lol:

The Pistons are a total dumpster fire. Zero future. Outrageously burdensome contract. No free agent of any significant worth wants to play here, and the injury prone Griffin still has two years left on his deal after this season.

Did I mention that overrated oaf, Andre Drummond, had a major defensive brain fart against Charlotte the other night in a game critical situation? I don't say this very often if ever - but read Vince Ellis' article in the Freep. I am not a Vince Ellis fan, but his column today is quite insightful.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/ ... 213298002/

craig11152

Re: To anyone who liked the Blake Griffin trade...

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:11 pm

I grew up loving basketball...watching and playing. My earliest memories were the Wilt vs Bill days. Names like Oscar Robertson, Jerry Lucas, Elgin Baylor. I played as a kid,in high school and adult rec for several years. Somewhere along the line I lost interest in all but the local teams, pro and college. Now I couldn't name more than two Pistons and I couldn't tell you who the coach is. But I know who the owner is. Not sure what that means.

I no longer directly engage trolls

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:28 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:11 pm
I grew up loving basketball...watching and playing. My earliest memories were the Wilt vs Bill days. Names like Oscar Robertson, Jerry Lucas, Elgin Baylor. I played as a kid,in high school and adult rec for several years. Somewhere along the line I lost interest in all but the local teams, pro and college. Now I couldn't name more than two Pistons and I couldn't tell you who the coach is. But I know who the owner is. Not sure what that means.
Your story sounds familiar. Basketball, pro and college, was always my solid #2 behind MLB baseball. Hell, I'd even follow MiLB baseball and the old ABA through an avid weekly readership of The Sporting News. Those were the only team sports I played as a kid and into my twenties. A triple-broken ankle sliding into second (recklessly bad technique) and a chronically bad hamstring curtailed those activities, but I'd still watch with interest. Nowadays, NBA basketball has become so pervasively run-and-gun and superstar oriented that it precludes the cerebral qualities once enjoyed by the passive fan. Perhaps the implementation of salary caps is also a reason; I was always against them thinking that after a certain level in the player payroll there'd be diminishing returns. However, with so much money to be had in larger markets....

College basketball is another story; March Madness is da bomb! :8) However, with so many so-called "one-and-done" players now, even college b-ball ain't what it used to be. The sensation of seeing the likes of Lew Alcindor and Elvin Hayes in a matchup of "veteran" college centers will never again be enjoyed by fans of the college game.

As to the Blake Griffin trade, I made my case for it previously and don't wish to be redundant -- it's too much work. :razz And Drummond may just walk after the season.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:57 am

Good thing we mortgaged the future to obtain Blake Griffin's absurdly expensive contract!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 248513002/

This team needs a complete teardown!!!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:22 am

The owner is nothing but a jock sniffer who wants to live his dream thru his star players. This was a terrible trade and the LA Clippers were more than happy to find a sucker and finalize that deal, Boy did they find a sucker in Gores and tons of money to payout. I agree with the teardown but nobody is going to take on that contract so we are stuck with him like we are stuck with Miggy C.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Guess what?
Blake's hurt YET AGAIN!!! Left knee, as usual.

So glad we mortgaged the future for a guy who collects mid $30's a year and is constantly hurt!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:03 pm

I agree. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Like the jock strap sniffing owner who has no clue but just wants to live his athletic dream thru the NBA superstars at Pistons fans expense. No future!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:48 pm

Blake's been shooting great from the field lately!

What was he - 2 of 14 the other night? And I think he was 2-17 or 2-18 the game before that?

His knee is shot. He's toast. The guy's a gamer; I respect him for that. However, he needs to do the right thing for the team and for this city's fans and RETIRE once this season is over.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:48 pm
Blake's been shooting great from the field lately!

What was he - 2 of 14 the other night? And I think he was 2-17 or 2-18 the game before that?

His knee is shot. He's toast. The guy's a gamer; I respect him for that. However, he needs to do the right thing for the team and for this city's fans and RETIRE once this season is over.
Griffin made the decision to have surgery now. I think the Pistons might be better without him and with Sekou Doumbouya (who's the youngest player in the league). There's also a decent chance Drummond gets moved before the trade deadline

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic