Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTF is Flint Mayor-Elect Sheldon Neeley thinking?!?!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

WTF is Flint Mayor-Elect Sheldon Neeley thinking?!?!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:32 am

He actually wants to leave the Great Lakes Water Authority after the horrendous debacle of a few years ago?

Is he insane?!?!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 528749001/

I agree with his desires for a financial audit of the city and to evaluate pros & cons of a potential municipal bankruptcy, but he's absolutely nuts if he believes reopening the water sourcing issue is a good idea.

Rates are high in Flint because the payment default rate is high. Those who do pay pick up the tab for the free loaders. I examined that issue in depth months ago.

Unless the KWA is willing to socialize Flint's payment delinquencies across all of the connected municipalities, there would be no cost savings whatsoever to Flint residents.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MasterB

Re: WTF is Flint Mayor-Elect Sheldon Neeley thinking?!?!

Post by MasterB » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:34 pm

I agree keep the water as is with Great Lakes Water too many lives were effective when this happened a few years ago.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic