Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2019 Detroit Lions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
bmw

Re: 2019 Detroit Lions

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:26 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 am
And nobody in here is calling Matthew a Stafford a "great QB"
I'll say it - he's a great quarterback. Top 5 almost across the board in all important stats this year. Almost none of those stats racked up in "garbage" time.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:26 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 am
And nobody in here is calling Matthew a Stafford a "great QB"
I'll say it - he's a great quarterback. Top 5 almost across the board in all important stats this year. Almost none of those stats racked up in "garbage" time.
Are you saying he is a great QB or he is having a great year?
I agree he is having a great year. But I would call him a good to very good Quarterback when looking at his whole career to date but not great.

I no longer directly engage trolls

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:43 pm

How much is Stafford making again? Isn’t he still the highest paid player on the team? Isn’t he still playing the most important position on a football team? I notice the Stafford lovers keep ignoring his horrendous sack. Had he not been brain dead on that play, they would have been closer to the goal line, and thus a better chance of scoring a TD.

$tafford Top 5? What are you on? Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady (as much as I hate to say that), Brees, Wilson, there’s five right there better than loser $tafford.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:37 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:43 pm
...they would have been closer to the goal line, and thus a better chance of scoring a TD.
They were on the 2 yard line, dolt...and they have no running game so what difference does it make?!?

The play call was abysmal because Patricia TOOK OUT the only 2 playmakers they have.

Put Stafford on the Bears and they win the division. He has no help.

The censorship king from out of state.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:26 am

Were on the 2 yard line. They were further away after Stafford’s idiocy. That’s my point. Of course, Stafford lovers don’t understand that. Their hero can do no wrong.

No way Bears win the division if he’s the QB.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:26 am
No way Bears win the division if he’s the QB.
You realize they won the division by 3 games last year with Trubisky at QB don't you, dolt?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:41 pm

That was last year, this is this year, Stafford lover. Teams change. By the way, wasn’t your hero the Lions QB last season? How did they do?

The two things consistent with Lions personnel over the past decade are the family ownership, and Stafford. Yet, it’s the same result.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:02 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:41 pm
The two things consistent with Lions personnel over the past decade are the family ownership, and Stafford. Yet, it’s the same result.
I'll type slow so even a dolt like yourself might underst......nah, you're too fucking stupid.

Stafford and ownership are the only 2 things consistant with the Lions in the past decade?!? Have the Lions a solid defense in that time? An innovative coaching staff? A forward-looking front office? A strong offensive line? They haven't had a running game since Barry Sanders. But idiots like you are too simple to look at the bigger picture. You're like a cro-magnon..."QB get paid lots of dollars, must be reason team lose." Dolt.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 am

The Lions' terrible defense is the primary reason their record is what it is.

Patricia was hired (supposedly) for his defensive chops.

Instead, he's turned the Lions defense into swiss cheese. It's the laughing stock of the NFL.

Same...
Old...
LIONS!!!!!

Everything this team tries...fails.

When the defense plays strong. Stafford underperforms or coaching find ways to fuck up games.

When Stafford is having a great year, then the defense plays like shit, or his receivers drop what should be easy catches, or the refs screw them, etc.

Not sure how some of you can stand the same shit show year...after year...after year...after year.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:51 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 am
Not sure how some of you can stand the same shit show year...after year...after year...after year.
Because we're unabashed masochists, dammit! >:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:16 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:51 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 am
Because we're unabashed masochists, dammit! >:
Exactly. We're true fans. Loyal. Dumb.

ESPN had their mid-season evaluations and named every teams MVP. Here's what they wrote about the Lie-downs:

First-half MVP: Matthew Stafford. The quarterback is playing the best football of his career. Halfway through the season, he would be in the MVP conversation if his team were playing better as a group. He's thrown for 2,499 yards, 19 touchdowns and five interceptions. He's on pace for his best season since 2011, when he threw for 5,038 yards, but he's a better overall quarterback now than he was then. He's making his receivers better and is in command of Darrell Bevell's offense.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Well Stafford lover, there have been changes on defense, coaching, etc the past decade. Yes, they still suck, but it’s different people who suck. Stafford has underperformed for over a decade. They are all part of the problem. You are too much of a Stafford slappy to see that. If your boy threw five picks in a game, you would still praise him and blame everyone else for his ineptitude. You are probably the same guy who kept praising Joey Harrington and Mike McMahon and Charlie Batch, even though it was obviously they all sucked.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:55 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:39 pm
Well Stafford lover, there have been changes on defense, coaching, etc the past decade. Yes, they still suck, but it’s different people who suck. Stafford has underperformed for over a decade. They are all part of the problem. You are too much of a Stafford slappy to see that. If your boy threw five picks in a game, you would still praise him and blame everyone else for his ineptitude. You are probably the same guy who kept praising Joey Harrington and Mike McMahon and Charlie Batch, even though it was obviously they all sucked.
You might be the biggest idiot on this board. If not, you definitely get the silver or bronze. I'm done responding to your idiocy.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Honeyman needs to stop acting like a 12 year old. I throw facts in his face, and he says, “nuh uh. You’re stupid.” That’s what people say when they have no points to make in an argument.

Do you ever post anything about broadcasting? That’s the main purpose of this forum.

Regarding the next game, Bears defense hasn’t been what it was earlier in the season, but they always seem to show up against the Lions. They do have a QB issue, if they wanted to try and win the division they should bench Trubisky. Not that Chase Daniel is great, but he’s the better option as of now.

My hunch says the Bears win.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:38 pm

What are you talking about?!? You have yet to provide any facts at all, just your opinion on Stafford. I posted his numbers to counter your ridiculous assertions he's having a bad year....2,499 yards, 19 touchdowns and five INT's, and you ignored them.

I moved to California so I haven't opened a mike in the state since 1980. I am still interested in Michigan broadcasting though, however being away from it so long, I don't think any points I would bring up would add anything helpful. Kind of like you discussing football.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic