Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NBC25/FOX66 down the tubes

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

NBC25/FOX66 down the tubes

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:28 am

I find it fascinating how you all were so gung-ho when Joel Feick and Bill Harris got fired from ABC12 and went to work for NBC25.

“NBC25 is going to be a powerhouse! Nobody will be able to stop it! Number one station, here we come!”

Ratings drop.

“Don’t panic! Give it time! GIVE. IT. TIME!!!”

Sinclair Republicans purchase the station and adds FOX66.

“There’s no stopping them now!!! Look out CNN, there’s a new sheriff in town!”

Ratings drop, everyone leaves, including the news director, Bill Harris, Joel Feick, the main sports person, and the chief meteorologist, leaving only Dave Blondie, his frosty tips, and an assistant news director people call “the buffoon.”

“That place is a dump! Who would ever watch them? What a joke!”

At least Hot Rod Harris still claims them. Anyone want to donate to his retirement fund by paying for a normally free Christmas concert?

lovinlife101

Re: NBC25/FOX66 down the tubes

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:23 am

autolab wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:12 am
HL101: your blind hatred of your former employer misses the point.

This is how Sinclair runs their stations. That’s why you see all veterans leave as soon as contracts are up.

Let’s be clear. Sinclair doesn’t care about ratings. They care about profits. And Sinclair is making lots of money at 25-66. They’re doing so by not paying their employees (high performers are only given a 1.5% increase). They’re not filling open positions. They’ve automated newscasts. Yet they can sell ads on three TV stations. The GM gets bonuses for cutting budgets and increasing profits. It’s simple math.

As for the Assistant News Director... how are you supposed to run a newsroom when you don’t even live in the market? She lives in Oakland County. She can’t even watch Flint TV stations. She watches Detroit news. Doesn’t sound like either she cares or will stick around long. But why would you if you had to do 2 or 3 jobs with no additional compensation?
You accuse me of “blind hatred,” then bash Sinclair, the GM, and assistant news director. Nice.

I also do not hate. I am incapable of hatred.

I also have never worked for NBC25, FOX66, CW46, WNEM, or WJRT. None. Never will either. I have too much respect for myself to do that.

Oh, and if Sinclair lets all veterans go after their contracts are up, how did Hot Rod Harris sign another contract to do the 10pm, then remain “part time” to this day? Also, Joel signed a Sinclair contract prior to the most recent one expiring. Hmmmm. Makes you think.

And in case you were wondering, the higher the rating, the higher the dollar amount charged for commercial time, which means higher profits. Your idea of a commercial television station not caring about ratings is asinine.

What do you think they would do if they were number one? “Oh, we’re number one in the ratings, but we won’t brag about it because we don’t care about ratings. Only profits. Just those sweet, sweet profits!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:07 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:32 am
I also do not hate. I am incapable of hatred.
Bull sh*t. You are oozing with hate. All of your postings is has some derogatory remark(s), unwarranted opinions, and flat out false statements. And as they say, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

Flame on.
I have no idea who you are talking about.

What is an “unwarranted” opinion? Is it one you don’t like?

Name a false statement made.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:22 am

autolab wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm
HL101: you have worked for 5 and 25. And as I have said before, I worked with you (and are currently employed) at the Rusty Nickel. I have good friends who work at 12 and 25-66. For someone who alleges (falsely) about never having worked in the business, you spout a lot of crap that you profess to have no knowledge of.

As for your false rating narrative, there are many ways for an underrated TV station to make a quick buck. Would 25-66 like bigger ratings, it would sure help. But thats not stopping the GM from cutting costs and not paying his employees to get to his bonus.

Not that 5 or 12 are much better, but that would be off topic... and you know how I hate you going off topic on a post you created. So enough with the insults...
“Enough with the insults”?

I think the most insulting language is accusing someone of working where they did not work, at places that don’t respect employees.

You have no idea who I am. I’m okay with that. I have no idea who you are. I’m REALLY okay with that.

However, if the station cared only about money, why did it continue to employ veterans who didn’t produce any additional revenue, yet were paid twice or three times the amount of someone else who does their job?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:53 am

DAC wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:00 pm
Can we just tie all these topics that are all basically about the same damn thing into one? Do we need a new one every couple of weeks? When I saw the topic on the main page, I instantly knew who the author was and what the basic gist of it would be. Why more threads?

Btw, unless you are God, you are capable of hate. It's part of the fallen nature of mankind.
I think Bernie Sanders just took over your mind there, Skippy. He wants to force people into fewer choices and limit speech.

“We don’t need more than one kind of conditioner!”

I disagree with that.

“Why don’t we tie all political discussions into one as well! All the Trump talk into one! Heck, all the stations into one!”

“We don’t need something new every week! The Model T car was just fine! The first version of the iPhone was just fine!”

And, you just proved my point, Skippy!

Oh, and read Proverbs 6:16. It’ll show you where you are 100% wrong in your last statement.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 am

R Bedell wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:22 am
Autolab & DAC:

You are 100% spot on and I agree with you.
You’re all politicians.

You come up with lame ideas, that never happen, then take credit for something that never happens, then you give each other regional Emmys for doing so.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:06 pm

DAC wrote:
Btw, unless you are God, you are capable of hate.
audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:20 pm
Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

There are six things the Lord hates,
Still want to step up to me, Skippy?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:51 am

DAC wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:08 pm
DAC wrote:
audiophile wrote:

Yes, there are things the Lord hates.
You’re a walking contra-DICK-tion.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:39 am

autolab wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 am
Hey HL101: once again, lay off the insults and try to stay on topic... on a post you created to bash your former station that you were fired from and are using to bash your former coworkers.

And let’s set the record straight on insults. I criticized 26-66’s Assistant News Director for not living in the market she’s now overseeing news coverage for. You call her a “buffoon”. You are the definition of a hypocrite and deserve to be banned from the Buzzboard for violating its terms over and over and over again.

No need to reply... you’ll just prove my point.
I do and say what I want. I don’t take orders from anybody, and I certainly don’t take orders from you. I resist every attempt to shut me up or anyone else up. That’s Hitler’s game, not mine.

Oh, and where is “26-66” in the market? Toledo?

You’ve accused me of being someone who I’m not. If you can prove your accusation, I’ll stop posting here forever. But you can’t, because I’m not, so I’m here to stay!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:39 pm

autolab wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:21 pm
Once again, HL101 distracts, distracts, distracts... as opposed to trying to answer for his own actions and words.

You call the female Assistant News Director for WEYI/WSMH a "buffoon", a highly derogatory term. The Buzzboard administrator should ban you and all your other profiles so you cannot continue to spread your hateful language. The rest of the posters here can disagree without using such language. They can stay on topic. You have derailed numerous posts and violated the terms of the Buzzboard on numerous occasions.

HL101 and I actually agree on one point: how far 25-66 has fallen. For many years, they were actually trying to compete with 5 & 12. But like 25 and 66 have done time and time again, bad management (local and Sinclair corporate) f-up and focus only on short-term cost controls and profit margins as opposed to creating substantive journalism that would give viewers and advertisers a reason to invest in the station. There used to be a time when TV5 management (Al & Ian)were obsessing over 25-66's gains. That time is now a distant memory. And yet, good journalists leave Pierson Rd and the GM (and his mini-me department heads) keep their jobs despite a lack of progress growing the station. They focus on lame gimmicks like the little-attended Health Expos and force out anyone who disagrees. They don't pay their reporters and when they get good opportunities in bigger markets like Detroit, they force the reporters to pay thousands of dollars in fines. They agree to run the endless Sinclair must-run one-sided "news stories", commentaries, forced local anchors to read promos/propaganda, shows from former FOX News mouthpiece Eric Bolling and President Trump/HUD Secretary Ben Carson adviser Armstrong Williams. The HR Director spends more time on events like Easter Egg hunts, grilled cheese sandwich days (derided as as F-Off Fridays) and covering up affairs being carried on by married coworkers. From everything I've seen and heard from friends who work there, it is one of the worst run stations in the market (and I survived the reign of Ian Rubin!) Look for more defections in the coming months as more contracts come up and news staffers continue to flee the toxic work environment.

And yes, HL101, we all know who you are. If you'd like to prove otherwise, come meet me any weekday night at TV5. Oh, that's right... you've been banned from the property, so I guess you can't meet me there after all.
So you accuse someone of being someone else and wait for the person you accused to “prove otherwise”? No wonder you support cops blindly. Their form of “justice” is the same.

Affairs? What?! Would to love see your proof there.

Distractions? Being accurate is a “distraction”? No wonder you work in an industry that’s dying.

Oh, and I called nobody a “buffoon.” That’s what people who work with her call her, and I don’t work with her. Never have. Never will.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:24 pm

autolab wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:11 pm
HL101: For the umpteenth time, your rants on police belong in the political potpourri section, not here.

And I'll call your bluff. Meet me at 4 pm Monday at 107 North Franklin Street, Saginaw and you'll get your proof.
No. I do not consent.

I’m not meeting you anywhere. That may work for the people you meet on Grindr, but not me.

If you had proof, you could show me here. But you can’t.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:06 am

DAC wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:08 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:51 am
DAC wrote:
DAC wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You really hate context, don't you? What an ass.
“Context”?

You said one thing, and once corrected by me, you said the opposite.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:07 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:49 am
LH101: Bashed police on air on TV5? He makes it all about himself and his big ego why did TV5 rehire him then fire him again LOL. PO PO doesn't catch you speeding LH101 otherwise you would rant on the poor officer doing his or her job and that all police are bad which they aren't.
You okay?

Your post was particularly rambling that time.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:06 am

DAC wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:24 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:06 am
DAC wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:08 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:51 am
DAC wrote:
DAC wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You really hate context, don't you? What an ass.
“Context”?

You said one thing, and once corrected by me, you said the opposite.
No. I said several things. You picked out one thing, posted it out of context and then -- boo hoo -- called me names! You corrected nothing. You're done, 101. You have no credibility left here.
DAC: “Water is not wet.”

Me: “Water is wet.”

DAC: “Water is wet.”

Me: “You just said two opposing things.”

DAC: (lights hire on fire) “YOU’RE TAKING THINGS OUT OF COOOOOOOOONTEEEEEEEEXT!!!!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:29 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:57 pm
The notion Sinclair doesn't spend money on its stations - especially recently acquired stations - is silly.

The company greatly expanded the 25/66 news operation from a personnel standpoint, invested in new technology, and even invested in new offices / studios.

Similarly, they've made significant investments at WPBN/WTOM and to a lesser degree at WWMT.

Sticking with the status quo when ratings (and sales) aren't showing satisfactory returns is unwise from a business standpoint. That's probably what's occurring here.
All valid points here.

I think when the Sinclair purchase took place, people were truly optimistic. Granted, abandoned tire stores on Pierson Road in Flint aren’t exactly prime real estate, but real money was spent with new technology, studios, vehicles, outerwear, mic flags, and the like. The union was gone and people felt progress could actually be made.

Seems like the station truly tried to shed its “bottom-feeder” status as Hotrod Harris so eloquently put it.

But the initial exuberance wore off. The GOP propaganda machine kicked into high gear. An entire news team left. Their positions weren’t filled.

But hey, I hear they’re hiring sucker fish!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic