Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Turkey launches military offensive

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Turkey launches military offensive

Post by Honeyman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:24 am

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics ... index.html

Curious how you Trumpers are spinning this one as a smart move by our shit-for-brains president. Practically every Republican on the Hill was against the removal of troops.

I'll hang up and listen.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Re: Turkey launches military offensive

Post by Honeyman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:43 pm

"News from Syria is sickening," Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the third-ranking Republican in the House, tweeted Wednesday, echoing lawmakers across the spectrum. "Turkish troops preparing to invade Syria from the north, Russian-backed forces from the south, ISIS fighters attacking Raqqa. It is impossible to understand why President Trump is leaving America’s allies to be slaughtered and enabling the return of ISIS."

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 pm

Allies?? Who?

Sure, we supported the Kurds in efforts to contain ISIS and to stop the devastation in places like Aleppo, but have the Kurds ever helped us anywhere else in the world other than their backyard?? If they had, THEN I'd call them allies.

Trump has been saying we should be getting out of the ME and Afghanistan for years. Said quite a LONG time ago we were getting out of Syria. Finally, he's moving on it. Why should we keep sending our folks over there? Where is the U.N. in all of this?? THEY should have been the ones organizing an effort to go into Syria in the first place, in response to what ISIS and Assad were doing over there. We should have NEVER been the sole support mechanism.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 am

Trump has given Putin the best birthday present ever!

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:11 pm

This is and should be a UN issue. I think moving our troops out of harms way was a good move. As for the geopolitical portion of the whole mess, that is for brighter minds to figure out. I do seem to remember Democrats saying we needed to leave the are as it wasn't our issue, now of course it is a different story. But be honest, if it was a Dem in the White House the Republicans would be bitching and moaning.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:24 am
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics ... index.html

Curious how you Trumpers are spinning this one as a smart move by our shit-for-brains president. Practically every Republican on the Hill was against the removal of troops.

I'll hang up and listen.
I believe you answered your own question. Just looking to antagonize, it appears.

"Practically every Republican on the Hill was against the removal of troops."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic