All accepted registrations through February 24 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Greta Thunberg

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 am

Here's some accurate and enjoyable reading for those of you who can read...
Mdern-day conservatism, especially the Republican Party, functions primarily as a protection racket for the fragile egos of mediocre white men. After witnessing the right-wing reaction to Greta Thunberg, the teenage climate activist from Sweden who spoke at the United Nations this week, there can be no doubt of this. The modern-day conservative was revealed, in all his glory, as a weak-minded coward who hides behind unearned privileges, because he is incapable of handling a fair-minded debate, much less real moral accountability.
https://www.salon.com/2019/09/24/why-th ... n-retreat/

© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. Assembled in U.S.A. By reading this content you accept our terms of use and waive all rights.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:15 am

She's an annoying, self-righteous, extremely rude, tomboy-faced BRAT!!!

I wonder who helped prepare her speech? How is she qualified to speak on the science of climate change?

Lori Bennett and Bob Walker have turned WLAV from an iconic classic rock station into a ratings boondoggle. Sad.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 am

She deserves the same level of respect and coverage that fellow 16 year old Nick Sandmann received earlier this year.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:30 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 am
Here's some accurate and enjoyable reading for those of you who can read...
Mdern-day conservatism, especially the Republican Party, functions primarily as a protection racket for the fragile egos of mediocre white men. After witnessing the right-wing reaction to Greta Thunberg, the teenage climate activist from Sweden who spoke at the United Nations this week, there can be no doubt of this. The modern-day conservative was revealed, in all his glory, as a weak-minded coward who hides behind unearned privileges, because he is incapable of handling a fair-minded debate, much less real moral accountability.
https://www.salon.com/2019/09/24/why-th ... n-retreat/
I am not a “modern-day conservative, republican, white, male, or right-wing.”

I am a logical, scientific, evidence-based free thinker.

This poor teenage girl is being used and abused to advance a political agenda. She is literally reading from a script in the “speech” (if you can call it that) to the United Nations. This “screech” or “meltdown” as it can be more accurately described, is 100% unfounded.

How has anyone stolen her dreams and childhood? How has “climate change” put people into suffering and death? Where’s the evidence of the beginning of a mass extinction?

Here are facts, in the year 1 AD there were 200 million people on planet earth. By 1000 AD, 275 million. 1 billion people by 1804. 3 billion in 1960. 6 billion in 1999. And now 7.7 billion.
WHERE’S THE MASS EXTINCTION? I CERTAINLY DON’T SEE IT!

You believe doom and gloom because you are as impressionable as this little girl. When reasonable adults, like me, can’t be persuaded that the sky is falling, the ignorant cart out this innocent girl to try to deflect any criticism and call anyone who disagrees with her “monsters.”

Global life expectancy and literacy have dramatically increased in the past 50 years. Global poverty is at the lowest level in recorded history.

But lies spread faster than facts. Hysteria and fear sell better than reason and logic. Feel free to get your opinions from a 16-year-old girl. I’ll stick with evidence.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:34 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:15 am
She's an annoying, self-righteous, extremely rude, tomboy-faced BRAT!!!

She should be working for Fox News then

I wonder who helped prepare her speech? How is she qualified to speak on the science of climate change?
She had a Swedish education so chances are she is qualified to speak intelligently about climate science. In Sweden, Big Oil isn't pushing to change curriculum and challenge the cumulative knowledge of our species when it doesn't conform to their Industry's interests.
Last edited by TC Talks on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. Assembled in U.S.A. By reading this content you accept our terms of use and waive all rights.

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 am

It's so amusing to see the Trumplestiltskin snowflakes here triggered by an intelligent, articulate 16-year-old girl who has galvanized world attention on a problem that could destroy our planet.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:09 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 am
It's so amusing to see the Trumplestiltskin snowflakes here triggered by an intelligent, articulate 16-year-old girl who has galvanized world attention on a problem that could destroy our planet.
Especially when the address she delivered wasn't in her native language.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:21 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
How is she qualified to speak on the science of climate change?
This is the UN we're talking about here. The only necessary qualification is that she believes man is its primary cause and that government must intervene to stop it.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:28 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:21 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
How is she qualified to speak on the science of climate change?
This is the UN we're talking about here. The only necessary qualification is that she believes man is its primary cause and that government must intervene to stop it.
Bingo bango wango tango

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Wang, dang, sweet poontang!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:45 pm

TheForce wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 pm
Wang, dang, sweet poontang!
💯

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Why is Greta Thunberg so triggering for certain men?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... 4?mode=amp

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Not that this has anyrhing to do with the thread, Red, but I ran into our old comrades Cathy S. and her brother Dickie at Buddy's Pizza in Farmington Hills last week. I barely recognized Richard, as he has lost all kinds of weight.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Not that this has anyrhing to do with the thread, Red, but I ran into our old comrades Cathy S. and her brother Dickie at Buddy's Pizza in Farmington Hills last week. I barely recognized Richard, as he has lost all kinds of weight.
Wow, a blast from the past, P.A.G.! He had such a great set of pipes.

Mmmmmmm, Buddy's!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:13 pm

If you had bothered to read my comments, you would know I am not a man. And I am not “triggered.”

Any more political buzzwords you’d like to use, Skippy?

This poor 16 year old is mentally ill and emotionally unstable. Her father and grandfather were actors, just like her. She supports Anti-Fa.

I refuse to be brainwashed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic