Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

And The Employee of the Month Is --

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

And The Employee of the Month Is --

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Harbor Freight today. I returned unopened a soldering gun I bought a few days ago. Told the guy there was nothing wrong with it, I just hadn't needed it after all for the job I was doing.

The guy says "The next time you buy one of these, go to Home Depot. These are no good."

A already have one exactly like it I bought at Harbor Freight last year.

"As a matter of fact" the guy says. "I wouldn't recommend you buy any tools here. They're all junk."

I wonder if he talks like that when the boss is around.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Realist

Re: And The Employee of the Month Is --

Post by Realist » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:51 pm

He’s right. My folks bought me a car jack from there to jack up my Camaro when I store it in the winter time. I used it twice a year and it lasted about 3 years before the fluid leaked out of it and it became inoperable. My dad bought a battery saver last winter for one of his vehicles and it shorted out the first time he used it. All they sell is cheap Chinese made inferior junk...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:41 pm

I shop there a lot and I'm usually satisfied. I don't expect professional grade tools. I don't need professional grade.

Sure their stuff is made in China. So is everyone else's
That's why their prices are up sharply this year. The tariffs.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:48 pm

I would think you would shop somewhere that you could buy tools that were union made.

Personally, I go out of my way to buy American made products whenever I can.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:51 am

Please tell me where.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:54 am

I use the rule of thumb my engineer neighbor told me. If you only need the tool for a couple uses then go Harbor F.
If you are going to need it on a regular basis then go buy a good one at the appropriate store.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:50 am

I met a contractor in there one day buying up tape measures. He said he buys them for his crew because they always lose them anyway,

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:51 am
Please tell me where.
https://www.usalovelist.com/american-made-tools/

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:01 pm

I like tools that have no moving parts from Harbor Freight.

Disposable gloves, media, hoses, jack stands, monkey wrenches

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:25 pm

We have many people where I work that go buy their tools at Harbor Freight.
And when it breaks, they go to Stores (what we call the warehouse/tool crib) and swap it for a good quality tool.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:27 pm

I got my cordless drill at Harbor Freight about three years ago. After going for months on end, unused in the Florida heat, the battery was getting a little tired. I was in the store last week and saw what looked to be the right battery. I picked up the battery and a drill like mine and asked the woman if it was the right battery. She said it was.

When I got it home it was too tight a fit for my drill. They must have made some small change in the dimensions. I returned it to the store. With the 20% coupon I was able to exchange the battery for a complete new drill for an extra $3.

The new and old drills are the same model and look exactly the same, but the batteries aren't interchangeable.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:22 am

I've never been to one of these Harbor Freight stores, although I see there's one on the west side of Lansing. Might be worth a rainy day drive just to check it out.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:22 am
I've never been to one of these Harbor Freight stores, although I see there's one on the west side of Lansing. Might be worth a rainy day drive just to check it out.

You really should. You'd like it.

You know you're in a good store when there are no women there. Women hate Harbor Freight. No fancy curtains, No cute shoes. According to my wife, it smells bad. I've never noticed that about it.

It's like Pottery Barn for men.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic