Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big News regarding ESPN 1000, Chicago

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Myron Falwell

Re: Big News regarding ESPN 1000, Chicago

Post by Myron Falwell » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:06 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:51 am
fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:40 pm
Agreed about Goldhammer. He’s not good on the air either.
I used to listen to Rizzo and Goldhammer about 10 years ago when all I had at work was terrestrial radio. WKNR comes in good in Toledo during the day and they were the best of a bad selection in middays, but that doesn't mean they were good. It was pretty hacky radio. Also, they filled in for Jim Rome nationally and kissed his ass to the point of using Rome's show jargon on their show, then backstabbed him to get demoted off of KNR to extend their show by an hour.
Aaron Goldhammer is a long-time friend of Craig K dating back to their days in NYC. Moreover, his dad is a powerful attorney in Denver. He never got his job at WKNR out of any qualifications or actual talent.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:19 pm
Jerry Falwell's alter ego Myron wrote:WTMJ/WKTI are obviously still Nielsen subscribers via an inherited contract with Scripps, and 540 got carried over. I’d expect that contract to lapse at some point.
'TMJ is a MLB and NFL flagship. I'll bet you a beer that they are required by contract to be a Nielsen subscriber.
WKNR doesn't subscribe to Nielsen and they are a co-flagship of the Browns (with Entercom's WKRK and WNCX) in a mess of a deal set to end after the season.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:02 am

Buzzboard poster with a great avatar wrote:WKNR doesn't subscribe to Nielsen and they are a co-flagship of the Browns (with Entercom's WKRK and WNCX) in a mess of a deal set to end after the season.
True, and you may be right. BUT since all of Entercom does subscribe, the Browns have access to ratings information. It's been my understanding that pro teams (not necessarily college - see WBNS and the Buckeyes) contractually insist on flagship stations being Nielsen subscribers.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Mel Karmazin destroys everything he touches, like a grown-up old "Problem Child" (ie: destroy XM's unique music for payola stations BS on Sirius and SXM)

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:18 am

Myron Falwell wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:10 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Jerry Falwell's alter ego Myron wrote:WTMJ/WKTI are obviously still Nielsen subscribers via an inherited contract with Scripps, and 540 got carried over. I’d expect that contract to lapse at some point.
'TMJ is a MLB and NFL flagship. I'll bet you a beer that they are required by contract to be a Nielsen subscriber.
WKNR doesn't subscribe to Nielsen and they are a co-flagship of the Browns (with Entercom's WKRK and WNCX) in a mess of a deal set to end after the season.
Bring back WRMR (Just dreaming, I know 😣).

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:19 am

Myron Falwell wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:10 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
WKNR doesn't subscribe to Nielsen and they are a co-flagship of the Browns (with Entercom's W

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:57 am

I have a rather original idea for WMVP. Play Top 40 and change the call letters to W-C-F-L! Cheap, clean, and easy to market!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic