All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

I really like this move in the Quad Cities!!! Nice work, Townsquare! :)

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Post Reply
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 616
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: I really like this move in the Quad Cities!!! Nice work, Townsquare! :)

Unread post by windsor »

Love your band list there MW, add Pantera and Megadeth,White Zombie/Rob Zombie and Monster Magnet to that also.

I will have to check out this station online.

Even 5 yrs ago Banana 101.5 did have a playlist like this but now theyre just a WRIF clone.

Its not rocket science.
Realist
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: I really like this move in the Quad Cities!!! Nice work, Townsquare! :)

Unread post by Realist »

Was driving through Flint a couple of weeks ago and heard the Banana seaway from the new one from Tool.....to Queen 🙄🙄🙄

WTF is Townsquare thinking with rock programming with the Banana and GR’s 97.9 GRD?
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
fuzzpower
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: I really like this move in the Quad Cities!!! Nice work, Townsquare! :)

Unread post by fuzzpower »

It’s not just Townsquare. Listen to WIOT sometime.
radiofan86
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: I really like this move in the Quad Cities!!! Nice work, Townsquare! :)

Unread post by radiofan86 »

Resurrecting this thread to say the station debuted with a 5.3 12+, 5th in the market. Trimmed 4 shares from the Classic Rock.
They tried something different and so far it is working.
https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb157

https://irock935.com/playlist/
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: I really like this move in the Quad Cities!!! Nice work, Townsquare! :)

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:45 pm I absolutely LOVE the fact this station is positioning itself as HARD Rock. Not just rock.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1801 ... s-to-1170/
I-Rock 93.5 is rolling commercial-free and playing hard rock from bands like Godsmack, Slipknot, Tool, Korn, Disturbed, Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch and so many more. I-Rock 93.5 will crank up rock from the 90s like Nirvana and Alice Chains. To new rock from bands like Volbeat and Ghost. All the hard rock the Quad Cities has been missing and deserves will all be in one place now.
Any station that touts its airplay of Slipknot and Tool in its press release is 100% awesome by me. :horns

I'm absolutely LOVING the playlist, too! Why can't WGRD and Banana 101.5 sound more like this? Corrosion of Conformity! Helmet! Clutch! Sevendust! Even Damageplan!! Plus tons of Tool!!!

https://irock935.com/playlist/
Me like. Me want.

Sounds like what Z-Rock would have evolved into. How do we go about getting this format in Detroit? Can we trade for one of our Motley Crue/Bon Jovi/ACDC/GNR formatted stations for one of these?

If this is what WLLZ tweaked to, I'd never change the station. And that's saying a lot.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Post Reply