Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Christians Who Support Trump - Deny Jesus.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Christians Who Support Trump - Deny Jesus.

Post by screen glare » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:33 am

Good Sunday Morning , Christians.

Trump’s thoughts, words, deeds are the opposite of what Jesus teaches his followers to do.

Christians who agree with Trump turn their backs on Jesus. In fact - they honor the Satan Jesus calls out, and Satan’s ways, instead.

When you attend church today - watch and listen to your fellow Christians there - very carefully. Including the leaders. Read carefully the weekly bulletin or news and announcements literature you’re given to take home. Imagine Jesus is with you in the room also listening and watching - and reading what you’re handed. Would he agree? Or would he correct with a teaching parable?

Trump is doing great harm to Christianity. Harm that will still be effective long after this era has passed. Evangelical Pence is a symbol Trump believes he owns, and uses to attract and convince Christians that they can easily serve two masters - Trump and Jesus. Pence is bait. Christians - the prized catch.

Meanwhile - Christians who clearly sense Trump is evil, and reject his anti-Jesus diabolical thoughts, harmful words, and corrupt ways - are heartbroken that Trump has made a mockery of all that Jesus exemplifies. And - for much of our country and much of the world - has caused Christianity to be associated
with and approving of Trump’s spreading human and spiritual degradation. And far worse.

I can’t imagine Jesus teaching that as long as you perceive money doing well - ignore everything scathingly unfortunate about Trump - and eagerly, or reluctantly - support him.

TC Talks

Re: Christians Who Support Trump - Deny Jesus.

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:30 am

I just finished this... They remain in sin, as do the Christians who fail to condemn this President. Do we know any in here?
And then one day, these professed men of God, find themselves campaigning for a predator in Alabama, disputing the value of black lives, celebrating the expulsion of refugees, vilifying an entire religious tradition, justifying the separation of families, going to battle for the NRA, passionately defending an endless parade of lies from a President—and all the while still imagining themselves fully righteous.
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2019/01/06/se ... ngelicals/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:44 am

screen glare wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:33 am
Christians who agree with Trump turn their backs on Jesus. In fact - they honor the Satan Jesus calls out, and Satan’s ways, instead.
Matthew 7:1-5

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:26 am

Christians dont support abortion or infanticide like pretty much all Democrats and thats the single issue for many of them that determines their vote. So dont get so high and mighty yet.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:34 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:26 am
Christians dont support abortion or infanticide like pretty much all Democrats and thats the single issue for many of them that determines their vote. So dont get so high and mighty yet.
Cafeteria Christianity... pile that plate up nice and high with the things you agree with and ignore the rest.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:34 am
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Cafeteria Christianity... pile that plate up nice and high with the things you agree with and ignore the rest.
It's their defense mechanism against logic.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 am

Actually Franklin Graham - pointed out in the link above from TC Talks - spent his childhood, youth, young adult years - just like Donald Trump. He was an incorrigible who broke his parent’s hearts exhibiting defiance syndrome. So it’s no wonder that now as an older adult he’s a lost sheep. And regrettably - a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
Last edited by screen glare on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:20 am

bmw - you and we all will be judged. There is no escaping that fate. What God wants is for all to practice showing mercy. Especially to those who are weak, frightened, and have no hope.

Jesus said, Whatever you do to the least of my people - this you do unto me.

Jesus said, Show mercy and you will obtain mercy.

Jesus said, When I was hungry you fed me, when I was naked you clothed me, when I was a prisoner you visited me, when I was stranger you welcomed me. Etc.

Which political party is more likely to do these things?

Which mighty ministers are more likely to do these things? Those who are wealthy and comfortable? Famous? Those with adoring crowds and gigantic congregations of persons who are all or mostly one color?

Instead look for humble. Look for quietly self-sacrificing individuals who do not worship money. Look for someone who would lay down their life for a friend.

Jesus said, Pick up your cross and follow me. Look inward and know what YOUR cross is.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:56 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Don't paint with such a broad brush... And ... just to be clear, if a candidate was for
Elimination of Free Speech Rights
A Declaration of Emergency allowing the government to seize property at will and
The Implementation of a National ID Card and Tattoo

but were still in favor of a law banning all abortions would Christians support that candidate?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:23 am

SG - you completely missed my point. The Bible says that man should not judge man. You not only judged a significant portion of the US population, but you outright called them Satanists simply for agreeing with the US President on whatever unnamed issue. The broader point being that you should not pass that kind of judgment off on people, not only because you can't read their minds and know/understand what they do/do not agree with re: the President, but you don't want that kind of judgment passed off on you for whichever politicians YOU support.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:33 am

Single issue voters are always hypocrites.

Against abortion? Self-coronated “Pro Life”?
Yet - no problem killing life all over the place!

Babies with no effective and affordable health care? Check.
Children with no effective and affordable healthcare? Check.
Adults with no effective and affordable health care? Check.
Denying human causes of life threatening climate change? Check.
In favor of the death penalty? Check.
Backing a president who removes regulations in place to protect animals and the land, sea, drinking water, air - all the environment? Check.
Backing a president who puts lives in danger by removing safety regulations. Check.
Backing a president who promotes deadly neo-Nazi and other white supremacy goals and ideals? Check.
Kids in cages and other forms of family separations and lengthy detainments in various holding facilities? Check.
Opposing systems to lessen gun violence - including elementary school children shooting deaths? Check.

Feel free to add to this baby/child “resulting in deaths” list.
Last edited by screen glare on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 am

bmw - I support decency and democracy. Not indecency and dictators.

By the way - in case you are the only one who hasn’t noticed - the current oval office occupant is radically indecent in hundreds of ways. Including denigrating the great sacrifices of our war dead. Radically in support of brutal dictators, tyrants, bullies, gun violence, neo-Nazis, foul language, sexual improprieties and those who sexually and otherwise harm children, making fun of persons who have been harmed or killed in natural disasters, ridiculing the disabled, denying science to the peril of future generations, .

You would not know evil if Trump was standing right in front of you.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 am

screen glare wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 am
bmw - I support decency and democracy. Not indecency and dictators.

By the way - in case you are the only one who hasn’t noticed - the current oval office occupant is radically indecent in hundreds of ways. Including denigrating the great sacrifices of our war dead. Radically in support of brutal dictators, tyrants, bullies, gun violence, neo-Nazis, foul language, sexual improprieties and those who sexually and otherwise harm children, making fun of persons who have been harmed or killed in natural disasters, ridiculing the disabled, denying science to the peril of future generations, .

You would not know evil if Trump was standing right in front of you.
You're entitled to your opinion about Trump. That's not what I'm calling you out for. I'm calling you out for judging those who support Trump. You specifically accused them of not only turning their back on Jesus, but also of "honor[ing] Satan." You cannot come in here and lecture Christians on the virtues of Christianity while not yourself abiding by the things preached by Jesus, including man not judging man. And your extreme hatred of Trump is a prime example of something covered by the Bible verse I quoted - you have to be careful to not be so blinded by your hate that you not only judge others because of it, but also that you don't look in the mirror at yourself and at the flaws of those people whom you politically support.

All of that said, I'm a person who believes that discussion about religion does not belong intertwined with discussion about politics, because it is inherently unfair to judge people's religious beliefs based on their political beliefs (and visa-versa for that batter). I only responded here because I found it inappropriate to call people Satan worshipers based solely on their support for a particular politician.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Well - Evil often appears as something or someone good - or at least justifiable.

I have zero problem stating that I am a sinner - just as flawed as you. Or anyone I meet each day.

What is off putting are the many who have no idea that their sins are as consequential as whatever they consider to be the worst thing one can do.

They are the hypocrites. The wolves in sheep’s clothing. The self-satisfied holy ones who believe they are good people and that gossiping, being selfish, cheating on one’s taxes, failing to welcome strangers, coveting things money can buy, etc. are not as bad as murder, rape, drunkenness, stealing a lot of money, telling lies under oath, etc.
They have a hierarchy of sins in mind. And as long as they don’t do whatever they consider the worst - they’re better than those - they reason - who do whatever is considered by many as worst.

In reality - sin is anything that separates us from God. When we sin we step back from God. He remains steadfast - never changing. And when we lay down pride and ask for forgiveness God welcomes us with an abundance of love. We move closer to God. That’s why - with a sincere heart - it is important to assess what we have done that separates us from God and ask for forgiveness. Everyday and night.

Trump is mentally ill. He cannot help what he does. We however can decide not to support his symptomatic hurtful behaviors and words. And instead call them out.

As Jesus did when Peter was once speaking to him and Jesus realized it was Evil using Peter’s words. Jesus responded, Satan, get thee behind me.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:19 pm

As an atheist, I don't have to trouble myself with such thoughts.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic