Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fenech Banned

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Daypart

Fenech Banned

Post by Daypart » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:03 am

How hilarious that Verlander "banned" PT-Cruiser-Flipping Anthony Fenech from his post-game press conference.

jsf

Re: Fenech Banned

Post by jsf » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:13 am
Shouldn't this topic be in the stadium section of the buzzboard.
Sounds like a media event to me

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:29 pm

This topic is perfectly suitable for this thread.

Don't forget - Fenech was drunk as a skunk when he destroyed his car.

He must've written something or said something about Kate that rubbed JV the wrong way.

Funny how the Freep refused to take phone calls from JV's agent. His agent made three attempts to reach management at the rag - and offered to explain the issue - to no avail.

I wish JV would come out and say what his issue with Fenech is precisely. So far, all we know is JV views Fenech as "unethical." I don't disagree!! Fenech accepts multi thousand dollar gifts from the team he is tasked to report on.

Ohio_Quebecois

Post by Ohio_Quebecois » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:01 am

At this point, considering the current aptitude of Tiger management, I’m actually going on the assumption that JV is in the right. I would really like to hear what his reasoning was for this, but we’re talking about a guy who has a sterling reputation with the media and fans who encounter him.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:10 am

Ohio_Quebecois wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:01 am
At this point, considering the current aptitude of Tiger management, I’m actually going on the assumption that JV is in the right. I would really like to hear what his reasoning was for this, but we’re talking about a guy who has a sterling reputation with the media and fans who encounter him.
What does Tigers management have to do with the interaction of a newspaper reporter and the member of another team? I don't understand tge logic.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:02 am

I also heard JV's beef with Fenech was in regards to something Fenech said about Kate's boobs that JV caught wind of

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:19 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:29 pm

He must've written something or said something about Kate that rubbed JV the wrong way.
That wouldn't surprise me. Word has it that he was a class A creeper douche in his college days.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:42 am

I love how all the sports reporter assholes are rallying around Fenech without even knowing the facts as to JV's beef.

Also love how the Freep refused to take calls from JV's people not once, not twice, but at least three (!!!) times.

The Freep loves to defend unethical staff, especially sports writers. Look no further than Mitch Albom and Drew Sharp. The management at that paper lacks integrity.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:37 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:42 am
I love how all the sports reporter assholes are rallying around Fenech without even knowing the facts as to JV's beef.

Also love how the Freep refused to take calls from JV's people not once, not twice, but at least three (!!!) times.

The Freep loves to defend unethical staff, especially sports writers. Look no further than Mitch Albom and Drew Sharp. The management at that paper lacks integrity.
One reason why I prefer the News (though their sports writers are not much better, especially Lynn Henning)

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Henning retired last winter.

Ohio_Quebecois

Post by Ohio_Quebecois » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:10 am
What does Tigers management have to do with the interaction of a newspaper reporter and the member of another team? I don't understand tge logic.
You know, I didn't communicate that properly at all. Why I tied them to the paper I have no idea. That's what I get for posting before coffee. Sorry about that.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:15 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:19 pm
Henning retired last winter.
Shows you how much I check the local papers these days. Both are not good.

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:50 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:42 am

Sort of like the way many "fans" are rallying around Verlander without knowing the "facts" of his beef? The point is there is a rule about locking out a reporter and the Astros broke it, plain and simple. Whether you like Fenech or sports writers or whatever, THEY BROKE THE RULE that the players and teams all agreed to in the CBA.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:01 am

I'm keeping an open mind until I have all the facts.

However, given Fenech's past douche baggery, it would not at all surprise me if Verlander has a good reason for not providing Fenech access.

I don't think anyone is arguing the notion that the Astros violated the CBA; they clearly did.

Herm

Post by Herm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:16 am

Sports “journalism” is going in the shitter. Long gone are the journalists who want to cover the sport and provide insight. We live in a world now where jealous wanna be celebrities would rather make predictions and provoke athletes into controversy for the lowest price possible.
That being said, you still have to let the guy in the room to attempt to do his job. Call him out publicly for his unethical behavior or just straight up stiff him on his questions... but you have to let him in the room to do the job, even if he sucks at the job... and at life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic