Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Breaking: Meredith to possibly exit the TV business

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Breaking: Meredith to possibly exit the TV business

Post by mtburb » Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am

The fast-paced changing TV industry continues to roil on...this time, Meredith wants out.

This will include WNEM in the Flint/Saginaw market.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mere ... SKCN1S74KX

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

Deleted User 4520

Re: Breaking: Meredith to possibly exit the TV business

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm

The Nickel needs a major overhaul. But keep Meg!

nicklulli

Post by nicklulli » Thu May 02, 2019 12:26 pm

8o
mtburb wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am
The fast-paced changing TV industry continues to roil on...this time, Meredith wants out.

Now we know why they moved so suddenly to dismiss the lawsuit and avoid a costly trial.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu May 02, 2019 1:28 pm

TheForce wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm
The Nickel needs a major overhaul. But keep Meg!
Best hire they’ve had in a while. Logical replacement for Colette. Now if Custer would leave...

mr v

Post by mr v » Thu May 02, 2019 3:57 pm

mtburb wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am

I'll buy it for $5.55. Take a check?

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu May 02, 2019 6:13 pm

Good one for Sinclair to buy! 12 would be next!

autolab

Post by autolab » Thu May 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Doubt Sinclair or Gray would be eligible to keep TV5 due to their current ownership. It would likely be challenged by the FCC.

autolab

Post by autolab » Fri May 03, 2019 7:41 am

It appears that Sinclair is close to buying up the Fox Sports regional networks from Disney.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/ ... nced-today

That would give Sinclair a presence in Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Toledo and South Bend (the last two markets cover some of Michigan's most southern tier of counties). With FDS, it has nearly a 100% potential reach via cable carriage in the Mitten state.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri May 03, 2019 12:11 pm

Sinclair could buy it. They would put it under some Dickheads name like LOL101. :rollin

GREATLAKESVET

Post by GREATLAKESVET » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 am

Another private equity firm wants to get into an industry that they know NOTHING about. I cannot blame Meredith for grabbing a $2-billion carrot. But there's only one outcome, especially if the heads of private equity firms are children of or devotees of Gordon Gekko's philosophies. They'll trim as much as possible from the Meredith stations and unload the remains. Just look at WZZM under Price ownership in Michigan or, more recently, in the retail sector. Long-time retailers like Bon Ton stores or Shopko were taken over by private equity firms that didn't have a clue about retailing and drove them right into bankruptcy or liquidation. A hex on all of their houses. But I will leave those employed by Meredith some words of optimism: BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID.

Great Lakes Vet

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm

GREATLAKESVET wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 am
Another private equity firm wants to get into an industry that they know NOTHING about. I cannot blame Meredith for grabbing a $2-billion carrot. But there's only one outcome, especially if the heads of private equity firms are children of or devotees of Gordon Gekko's philosophies. They'll trim as much as possible from the Meredith stations and unload the remains. Just look at WZZM under Price ownership in Michigan or, more recently, in the retail sector. Long-time retailers like Bon Ton stores or Shopko were taken over by private equity firms that didn't have a clue about retailing and drove them right into bankruptcy or liquidation. A hex on all of their houses. But I will leave those employed by Meredith some words of optimism: BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID.
If that happens, prima donna David Custer will be gone as I’m assuming he’s the highest paid talent there....

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 pm

"Coverage You Won't Count On"!!!

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 am

GREATLAKESVET wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 am
Similar to Barrington Broadcasting...

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Meredith turned down to buy Heartland and I have heard they want to be a mega TV station just want to buy top 50 TV stations. Meredith, they aren't sellers as the article is stating.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic