Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dems debate (actual footage)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: Dems debate (actual footage)

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Bernie is screaming like Arthur Brown again.

You’ve worked hard and you’ve saved and earned.
But all of it’s GOING TO BERN!

70%, 90%, 100%,...

Still won’t be enough to do what Bern says he’ll do.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FaHEusBG20c
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 am

Gotta hand it to Delaney. He told the truth. Most Democrat proposals just won’t work. Pocahontas disagreed.

And Delaney recorded a good song with Bonnie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2F1QrTupkYc

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:50 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:39 am
Bernie is cutting his workers’ hours to achieve $15 an hour and retaliated against his workers for working on union business, but no questions during the debate about that? Journalistic malpractice!!!
I've been Union all my life. I thought I liked Bernie. But this shows him in a new light. Tell me more.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:50 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Bernie is cutting his workers’ hours to achieve $15 an hour and retaliated against his workers for working on union business, but no questions during the debate about that? Journalistic malpractice!!!
I've been Union all my life. I thought I liked Bernie. But this shows him in a new light. Tell me more.
https://beta.washingtonpost.com/politic ... utType=amp

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:43 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 am
Turkeytop wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Looks like collective bargaining working as it should.

Before I retired my employer was a Union. We had our own Union to represent us in our relations with the employer. We had disagreements and disputes from time to time, but we were always able to resolve them amicably.

This dispute within the Sanders campaign will be resolved too. That's the beauty of collective bargaining.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 am

It got so painful over and over with the sound bites last night. Between cringing at Democrat candidates and ducking Democrat shrapnel after Trump Tweets, it's enough to make you think that Central American military coups are a better way to select leaders.

Marianne Williamson is a false religion through and through. All things to all people. And claims to be from Grosse Pointe, when she's been all over the place and is obviously pandering for Michigan support and votes. I'm sure she really looks down on Flint, Black and White, if she's really from Grosse Pointe. Looking down their nose at people they regard as inferior is what they do. Just like you Biffsters here. To pretend she cares about it does not ring true. She thinks she's better than you Greater Flintoids in particular.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:23 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 pm
Looks like they choreographed this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQ0pa-2LOg

LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:27 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 am
Turkeytop wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
If you can't get your own house in order first, why suggest it as government solution?
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:00 pm

The house is in order. That's a collective bargaining issue. They'll work it out.

Before I went on staff with my Union, I worked in industry for over 20 years. We got into disputes with the Company all the time.That doesn't mean the Company was bad or the Union was bad. We simply had a disagreement. The collective agreement set out mechanisms for resolving disagreements. We never once had to strike and we only ended up in arbitration about 6 times. Collective bargaining works.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:36 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:11 pm
I just heard that America’s Got Talent received better ratings than the Dem debate last evening.
A network show had more viewers than a cable show? This is truly shocking news.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:07 pm

Delaney, Tim Ryan and the Montana governor (the new guy) all turned in surprisingly strong performances.

Klobouchar, Hickenlooper and O'Rourke are probably toast. Klobouchar was flat out terrible.

Buttigieg did himself no favors, either. The air is quickly deflating from that balloon.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:55 am

I never made it thought it without falling asleep. Yep, all 4.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic