Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lulli 2, WNEM 0

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
DAC

Re: Lulli 2, WNEM 0

Post by DAC » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:19 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:02 pm
Dudley wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:25 am
Gag, Gag, Puke, Puke!
Ok, whatever.

The point is, a regular person took on a multi-billion dollar company. He would not allow himself to be pushed around. That’s admirable.
A point that you have made ad nauseam.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:50 pm

What?! A fellow fag turning down sperm? I am shocked you didn't gag on it yourself. But you're probably playing victim now saying that I discriminated against you because you were too bottom. I saw some of the quotes from you, and now you're playing racist victim too. I too can play a racist victim as I am Jewish. But I don't play the race card. The strangest things when you click on "show block users post."

DAC

Post by DAC » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:20 pm

This is out of hand.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:38 am

You think?

It was out of hand 2 from his first posting of the "hotties 2019" topic. This is not political potpourri. Seems MW doesn't care or is tooo overwhelmed.

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:15 am
DAC wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:20 pm
This is out of hand.
You say that after my thoughtful, logical, well-reasoned argument and not TeddyGrahams’ ignorant musings? Quite telling.
I said it about the entire thread. But, if you want to consider it singling you out and "bullying" you, go ahead. That's your thing.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:02 pm

I'm not sure how it works in Michigan. However, in Ohio, it is a state where both parties, employer and employee, are both at will. This means, non-compete clauses do not hold up in court. This means, unions do not have to be involved. Also, not all TV stations are Union. Most of all TV stations in Ohio are not Union. Only radio stations in Cinci, Columbus and Cleveland are union. I have never heard of any radio station outside of those cities to be union.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 pm

Weyi when they had a union, on air people had a personal services contract. It is probably like that for Sinclair, since they have no union. LOL1O1 should know that!

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Union or not, Michigan is an "at will employment" State. It's a terrible law (in my opinion) that only benefits employers while leaving employees vulnerable and often screwed.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:16 am

Dudley wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 pm
Weyi when they had a union, on air people had a personal services contract. It is probably like that for Sinclair, since they have no union. LOL1O1 should know that!
Watch it, you'll be attacked by the newest "Douchebag Repository" nominee tomorrow morning... even though you did not call him anything. "Victim, victim, I'm a victim!"

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:18 am

DAC wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Union or not, Michigan is an "at will employment" State. It's a terrible law (in my opinion) that only benefits employers while leaving employees vulnerable and often screwed.
"At will" worked in my favor, cause it got me out of my noncompete scott free, where the station owners sued everyone else. To this day, I hear that I am the only one who never got sued. The rest did, and won anyhow. But I knew the law and quit with it in my hand, via court cases lost in Ohio.

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:27 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:18 am
DAC wrote:
"At will" worked in my favor, cause it got me out of my noncompete scott free, where the station owners sued everyone else. To this day, I hear that I am the only one who never got sued. The rest did, and won anyhow. But I knew the law and quit with it in my hand, via court cases lost in Ohio.
Good to know that it worked in someone's favor. All the examples I have are the opposite. But for getting out of a job you are unhappy with, yes it is definitely a good tool to use.

nicklulli

Post by nicklulli » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 pm

DAC wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:27 am
TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:18 am
DAC wrote:
Good to know that it worked in someone's favor. All the examples I have are the opposite. But for getting out of a job you are unhappy with, yes it is definitely a good tool to use.
My case is a perfect example of why it doesn’t work in the employee’s favor (not doubting others who had success). Meredith sued me and I was forced to defend it. You can sue anyone in this country in civil court for any reason even if it’s not true or lawful - and the defendant is forced to answer to it at their own cost. It’s outrageous and wrong. A multi-billion dollar corporation drags their underpaid former employee into court...when he wasn’t even a threat to them competition-wise. The entire lawsuit was clearly some sort of bizarre personal thing. I wish I knew who was truly behind it and why. Someone approved spending an awful lot of money to come after me. Using outside counsel is not cheap.

I never intended to counter-sue or make it a gay issue. I only counter-sued so that I could have a contingency-fee based attorney (meaning I pay nothing unless I win money). I wanted a clean break. I even gave a two week notice. Ian was telling staff “news of Nick’s departure is untrue” when I had turned in my notice and had already informed my coworkers. Then I found out that after I left, they waited almost two weeks to inform Al Blinke. Again, so many bizarre things - I really just don’t know how to explain it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic