All accepted registrations through November 16 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Name The Beer

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Tsingstao ?


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:13 pm
Tsingstao ?
NO

I posted that once before along with the promise I'd never ever buy it again.

Image

Hint.

The one you're looking for this time is a Mexican brew.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:06 am

Only Mexican beer that I know ends in an O is Modelo and Indio. I don't think it's either. You win this one.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 am

I'll wait one more day before I post the answer, just in case someone else wants to try.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Image


Sorry for the misdirection. It isn't Mexican. Its Guatemalan.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:21 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:04 pm
Image


Sorry for the misdirection. It isn't Mexican. Its Guatemalan.
Huh... That’s different...



kager
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer

Post by kager » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:40 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:04 pm
Sorry for the misdirection. It isn't Mexican. Its Guatemalan.
And you're really from Greenland... or close enough.

At least you got some guesses. None yet on this one:
kager wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:25 pm
Image

Pay no attention to the Point...
Hint: It's brewed for us in Da Mitten


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:23 am

Founders Centennial IPA ?


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

kager
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer

Post by kager » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:33 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:23 am
Founders Centennial IPA ?
Right you are, sir!

Image

I used to say, "If I want hoppy, give me some real beer, and hops on the side. I'll chew on the hops, and wash it down with the beer."

Centennial changed that for me.

(FWIW - Point Amber (red lager) from across the pond has merit as well!)


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 am

kager wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:33 am
Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:23 am
Founders Centennial IPA ?
Right you are, sir!

Image

I used to say, "If I want hoppy, give me some real beer, and hops on the side. I'll chew on the hops, and wash it down with the beer."

Centennial changed that for me.

(FWIW - Point Amber (red lager) from across the pond has merit as well!)
Founders Solid Gold has become my go to choice these days. Pretty much the only beer I drink unless I'm in the mood for a heffeweissen.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

kager
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer

Post by kager » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Image

This stuff is best on a hot summer day, straight from the bottle (which you may want to roll a bit first to get the sediment swirling before you pop the top.)

Truth is, it's pretty darn good any day.


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:46 pm

Hoegaarden?



kager
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer

Post by kager » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:46 pm
Hoegaarden?
{I don't know why, but that name cracks me up every time...}

[X] - No to the Hoe... but close to they same type of beer.


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Name The Beer

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:09 am

kager wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:07 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:46 pm
Hoegaarden?
{I don't know why, but that name cracks me up every time...}

[X] - No to the Hoe... but close to they same type of beer.
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

kager
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer

Post by kager » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:31 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:09 am
kager wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:07 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:46 pm
Hoegaarden?
{I don't know why, but that name cracks me up every time...}

[X] - No to the Hoe... but close to they same type of beer.
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
I notice the lack of a question mark :blink

Image

Certainly correct again!


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic