Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mueller Speaks! Contradicts Barr. Hands ball to Congress

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Mueller Speaks! Contradicts Barr. Hands ball to Congress

Post by screen glare » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:46 pm

You betcha that’s what I’m saying in this case. Because we are only discussing the office of the presidency of The United States of America. The leader of the free world. And even more important - The Commander in Chief of the entire United States Military - with both conventional and nuclear weapons and their use at his next narcissistic rage-driven command. You know it. I know it. Other countries know it.

Or maybe you don’t.

BTW - should you care to - look up narcissistic rage. It’s a real thing. Part of NPD symptoms list. And he’s so volatile and abnormally hot to handle that congressional republicans publicly are afraid to even call him out. All except Amash. And before him John McCain.

Now - if you could just keep covered the name USS John McCain on the side of The Commander in Chief’s least favorite navel vessel. WTF, bmw! Wake up!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:48 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:46 pm
BTW - should you care to - look up narcissistic rage. It’s a real thing. Part of NPD symptoms list. And he’s so volatile and abnormally hot to handle that congressional republicans publicly are afraid to even call him out.
Challenge accepted.

In doing this research, one prominent name in the field of psychology that came up was Allen Frances - Professor and Chairman Emeritus of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Duke. He is also the founding editor of the Journal of Personality Disorders and The Journal of Psychiatric Practice. He moreover claims to have written the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), though it appears he chaired the group that wrote the fourth edition.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, he claims to be apolitical - claiming that he hasn't followed politics for the past 50 years.

So if ever there was an unbiased expert to chime in on this, he is the guy. And here is what he has to say about Trump and NPD:
Trump’s disagreeable traits in no way indicate that he is mentally ill. Instead, they reveal him to be the ruthless self-promoter he has always been, now poorly cloaked in fake populist clothing.

Confusing Trump’s behavior with mental illness unfairly stigmatizes those who are truly mentally ill, underestimates his considerable cunning, and misdirects our efforts at future harm reduction. And the three most frequent armchair diagnoses made for Trump — narcissistic personality disorder, delusional disorder, and dementia — are all badly misinformed.

To qualify for narcissistic personality disorder, an individual’s selfish, unempathetic preening must be accompanied by significant distress or impairment. Trump certainly causes severe distress and impairment in others, but his narcissism doesn’t seem to affect him that way.
https://www.statnews.com/2017/09/06/don ... diagnosis/

So there, I did my research. An apolitical expert in the field of psychology says that your armchair diagnosis of Trump having NPD is "badly misinformed."

Unless you can discredit Mr. Frances, I have no reason to discuss Trump's alleged NPD with you any further.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:34 pm

So there, I did my research. An apolitical expert in the field of psychology says that your armchair diagnosis of Trump having NPD is "badly misinformed."

Unless you can discredit Mr. Frances, I have no reason to discuss Trump's alleged NPD with you any further.

... Good day to you sir, I say good day :roll:

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 pm

A quick overview via Google of many of the expert opinions on Trump having NPD - both from clinical psychiatrists and clinical psychologists - reveals:

1. The criteria for defining “a mental disorder” has itself changed since the DSM 4 was superseded by publication of the the newer DSM 5.

2. Allen Frances agrees with most of the other psychiatrists and psychologists that Trump displays all the symptoms of NPD.

3. What sets apart Frances in his stance is - he believes Trump is not yet HIMSELF feeling miserable because of his disordered treatment of others, and instead only THEY are feeling miserable. Ergo - until HE feels bad about his own words and actions - he can’t be diagnosed with NPD, according to Frances. He also acknowledges Trump COULD begin to feel miserable at a future date due to his words, actions, reactions, and treatment of others

4. Many of Frances’ learned clinicians and he are in disagreement on this point #3 regarding diagnosing.

5. I’d like to see if Frances has changed his “apolitical” mind since 2017.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:03 am

It looks like Allen Frances is odd man out regarding Trump having NPD. Much like climate change-denying scientists are now a minuscule minority among scientists worldwide who agree global warming/climate change is happening, and is at least partly human-caused. I believe this category of debate is referred to as “the battle of experts”.

However - the longer we laypersons observe Trump’s wildly abnormal words, actions, and predictable/alarming reactions - we don’t need experts to pronounce every NPD symptom that we can easily see with our own eyes. Just as we no longer need to be told our polar ice caps are melting, seas rising, and deadly weather events are increasing and intensifying.

Yes, we’re all running out of time to try to arrest negative mass consequences. Re climate change. Re Trump as president.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:27 am

Meanwhile, bmw - your man Allen Frances in his “Twilight of American Sanity” book - describes your president, Trump as a “creature of Stone Age emotions and medieval beliefs”.

Forgetting about NPD for a moment - does his description of Trump sound advisable, safe, and mentally healthy for a US president here and now in 2019? Can we at least agree that it does not? And thus - Trump is woefully and dangerously unfit for office?

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:56 am

Weak trolls... Can you do better?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 am

No trolls.
Serious discussion about Trump’s mental status as he goose steps through a lawless presidency - one temper tantrum at a time. His NEW reality game show called - “What’s My Lie?” Like the iconic game show “What’s My Line?” Only everyone’s booing instead of laughing.

But you wouldn’t readily know serious, FET-500 - because NOBODY has EVER taken YOU seriously.

Gotta love those big protests against the US president in London today. They bloody know what he is.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:25 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 am
No trolls.
Serious discussion about Trump’s mental status as he goose steps through a lawless presidency - one temper tantrum at a time. His NEW reality game show called - “What’s My Lie?” Like the iconic game show “What’s My Line?” Only everyone’s booing instead of laughing.

But you wouldn’t readily know serious, FET-500 - because NOBODY has EVER taken YOU seriously.

Gotta love those big protests against the US president in London today. They bloody know what he is.
Really, it's just a weak troll. What you have going on is an attempt at "Trevor's Axiom" but you're not quite sure how to pull it together.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Nope.

Mr. Dickson’s Dictum.

Sort of like Trudy’s Truism. Only shorter.

Nice try, though.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Hey. Here comes Barr’s contempt o’ congress charge! Total dipshit a goin’ down in history. AND - down the tubes with Trump. Just like the rest of his lackeys.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:53 pm

So old frowny frog Barr gave some underlying evidence from Mueller’s report to the US House, finally. Guess the threat of contempt of Congress charge got Barr to cooperate.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:33 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:53 pm
So old frowny frog Barr gave some underlying evidence from Mueller’s report to the US House, finally. Guess the threat of contempt of Congress charge got Barr to cooperate.
Actually, Barr has a wealth of new info and has leased additional office space for the IG. Did you know? OMG, the fun will never end.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic