Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone here from Missouri?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 14990

Anyone here from Missouri?

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 am

This is kind of Random but I wondered if anyone here lives in MO? I know St Louis is a bit of a hole but I wondered about other places in the state. From what I have read, cost of living looks about on par with OH and MI, such as housing. It doesn't look like MO has any weird Alcohol laws, like KS does or most of the south. The winters I imagine are less abrasive then MI.

What parts are good? where to stay away from?

fuzzpower

Re: Anyone here from Missouri?

Post by fuzzpower » Wed May 22, 2019 6:24 am

Kansas City is a fun place. St. Louis has some decent suburbs, but the city itself is rough, as are a few suburbs and the IL side.

I have only driven through the rest of the state (Columbia, Joplin, St. Joseph, etc) so I can’t really give an opinion on those areas.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Oh ok cool, just wondering.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:18 pm

I've spent exactly three days of my life in Missouri. In 2012 I attended an event with my union, in St. Louis. The Hotel was right downtown, next to the river. It seemed like a decent city. While I was there I had some car trouble and had to take it to a dealership in the suburbs for service. While they were working on it I had a couple of hours to walk around and see the neighbourhood.

Seemed like a nice town to me.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Spent some time in St Louis in the later part of the 60's. Had a girlfriend that lived there.
The Zoo is planned out for ease of walking around. The Bud brewery is a nice diversion and Forest Park where the 1903 Worlds Fair was made famous by the movie Meet Me in St Louis.
One thing I noticed back then was the bus service had what was called the 'Red Bird Specials' that ran express bus's to the Bush Stadium whenever there was a game there. Baseball, soccer, football whatever and express back after. Cheaper than parking a car and the bus's were clean and smelled ok.
I used to drop a bundle at the '905 Liquor Store' to bring back and cheat the MIch. taxes. I would take orders from friends and family. Figured if I ever got in an accident I might drown from all the stuff in the trunk.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:37 am

WNEM 5's Meg McCloud is also born in Missouri!!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:13 am

St. Louis is a mess in much of the city proper. Their population drop is on par with Detroit percentage wise. There are some areas that are fine- just be careful if you visit.

Personally, I prefer Kansas City.

I have heard Springfield is rough, but I can’t attest to it.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:33 pm

Overland Park KS, which is adjacent is KS city I've heard a lot of good things about. KS city sounds better, from what I have read.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic