Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WLLZ Deep Cut Saturday

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
windsor

Re: WLLZ Deep Cut Saturday

Post by windsor » Sat May 04, 2019 1:25 pm

I really like the imaging of WLLZ and the tires squealing and all that.This is the motorcity of coarse and also the tightness of the sweepers to the music no dead air.

Who is there voice over guy now??

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat May 04, 2019 2:04 pm

windsor wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:25 pm
I really like the imaging of WLLZ and the tires squealing and all that.This is the motorcity of coarse and also the tightness of the sweepers to the music no dead air.

Who is there voice over guy now??
Not sure. He's not bad, but he's no Kerry Maul. I can't believe I'm the only one here who remembers Kerry. Somewhere, I have his demo tape, but I'd have no earthly idea how to post it. RIP Kerry.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:45 pm
CSX's issues back then can largely be traced to putting Dominski and Doyle in morning drive. The instant they were fired, 94.7's ratings began to rebound.

94.7 needed a freshening up, but D&D were just a terrible fit for the CSX brand. They didn't sound "Detroit" and didn't appeal to a middle aged blue collar demographic.
Dominski and Doyle were the worst thing that 97.1 had when they did the talk Format not to say Howard Stern did them any better or even Jay Towers, Michelle Mc Cormick and Bill Mc Callister, At that time the only good show on 97.1 was Tom Leykis.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat May 04, 2019 6:07 pm

I disagree. D&D were must listen every afternoon on the drive home. Completely agree about them being a terrible fit for WCSX. Playing music during their show was just going to work. Never cared for Stern or Michelle McCormick.

Scott and Casey (basically vanilla D&D clones in middays) were OK, mainly because, “We’re fine. We’re always fine”.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat May 04, 2019 6:29 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 6:07 pm
I disagree. D&D were must listen every afternoon on the drive home. Completely agree about them being a terrible fit for WCSX. Playing music during their show was just going to work. Never cared for Stern or Michelle McCormick.

Scott and Casey (basically vanilla D&D clones in middays) were OK, mainly because, “We’re fine. We’re always fine”.
Aw man, Scott and Casey. I forgot about those clowns. What are they doing now?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 04, 2019 8:37 pm

I agree that 106.7's imaging is well produced. The audio processing settings are perfect for the format (and sound superior to any other station doing rock or classic rock around here).

As for the music today - it definitely sounds better than usual. But why should 106.7's audience only be treated to a well curated playlist one day per week? I'm underwhelmed by the music choices the rest of the time.

One thing I've noticed - plenty of Green Day, Metallica, Bush, and STP. Why aren't we hearing any Foo Fighters this weekend? Also, some deeper cuts from Pearl Jam would be nice. 106.7 is only playing the stuff that 3 stations in this town play all the time. "Animal" or "Once" would be a nice change of pace.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Today wasn’t even a deep cuts Saturday, It was a double play Saturday, No deep tracks at all. So what do we think about that?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Actually, there were some deep tracks played. Look at the playlist log on the WLLZ web site. Jocks have also been touting the deeper than usual playlist on air today.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat May 04, 2019 9:56 pm

Word.

Last time I heard "Drop Dead Legs" by Van Halen on the radio, The Ticket was using it as a rejoiner bed.

Little too much AC/DC for my liking, but at least they went deeper. "Problem Child", "Touch Too Much" or "Rock and Roll Singer" would have been great choices, too.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 05, 2019 8:29 am

"Problem Child" is a little too cheesy for me; Touch Too Much is a great song, though!

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Sun May 05, 2019 9:27 am

When I got a chance to listen yesterday I was impressed by some of the songs,. It seemed to me like the 1st track was one from the normal playlist, while the 2nd song was more of a deep cut, not always that deep, but still a nice change. Hopefully positive response will lead to more weekends where they try something different. Also they take a chance to add some of the deeper cuts to the normal playlist.

Hopefully they are planning something for Memorial Day extended weekend.

hmtb44

Post by hmtb44 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 am

I know it was just one song. But Friday night actually heard "monkey man" by the Stones on 104.3

Could it be that everyone is going to play some deeper cuts

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun May 05, 2019 12:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:29 am
"Problem Child" is a little too cheesy for me; Touch Too Much is a great song, though!
"Shot Down in Flames" is a great AC/DC track as well. Rarely heard anymore.

The stale, predictable formula of "Classic Rock" needs to get back to what we old PD's knew as "AOR" and stop aiming for the lowest common denominator.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:47 pm

May not happen do to the fact it’s not considered safe music, And stations or should I say the corporate people won’t take a gamble losing an audience. That’s why it’s always A/C or Van Halen and the same 5 songs over and over again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Whole Lotta Rosie is another AC/DC song that should be played on the radio more often.

Ozzy's Boneyard on Sirius XM plays a decent selection of AC/DC, but even their selection leaves something to be desired.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic