All accepted registrations through December 9 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

The future is gay!!!

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lovinlife101
Posts: 2942
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:45 am

FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:20 am
screen glare wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:38 am
The future is majority heterosexual. Otherwise humans become extinct.

However - that does not mean humans need to deride and discriminate and destroy those humans born with a genetic homosexual orientation.

Somehow our intellect must overcome our base animal instinct to FEAR humans who are born with a combination of genetic characteristics that may differ slightly from that combo of genetic characteristics which you may have possessed at birth.

We fear DIFFERENT skin colors, shapes of eyes, ages, sexual orientation, heights, weights, types of hair, voices, physical and mental abilities, etc. And fear is the root of all hate, and all other things negative. FEAR is the opposite of love.

Realize this. Work to harness and control this fearful human tendency. Because you can.

And when our leadership aspires to that lofty positive goal - it is easier for us to reach, and maintain. Leaders are to inspire group aspirational goals. To make things better - if not instantly perfect. Mentally and physically healthier. Unselfishly promoting basic needs met for all - then inspiring us to go higher up - and beyond that.

For example: the best educational system, the purist water and food, a cherished, renewing environment that is kept clean, special helps for humans who have special needs, the promotion and development of all good and helpful talents, the strengthening of “yes we all can” confidence, and self respect and respect for others through such actions as good manners and consideration - in the way we drive, park, play, wait in line, etc.,etc., etc.

Aren’t you tired of Trump’s “me first”, trashy, tear down, values tattered, sincerity smeared, language weaponized, lying with alacrity, conning, uncaring, “crap on America” persona, and example, and attitude? Plus - his untreated mental illness leading his thinking - hour by hour?

I am.
I'm afraid of crackheads and the FBI but that's not due to any lack of familiarity on my behalf to either of those groups. The entire premise of your argument is faulty; it is by definition a fallacy of logic.
You’re wise.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2942
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:54 am

FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:11 am
screen glare wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:38 am
The future is majority heterosexual. Otherwise humans become extinct.

However - that does not mean humans need to deride and discriminate and destroy those humans born with a genetic homosexual orientation.

Somehow our intellect must overcome our base animal instinct to FEAR humans who are born with a combination of genetic characteristics that may differ slightly from that combo of genetic characteristics which you may have possessed at birth.

We fear DIFFERENT skin colors, shapes of eyes, ages, sexual orientation, heights, weights, types of hair, voices, physical and mental abilities, etc. And fear is the root of all hate, and all other things negative. FEAR is the opposite of love.

Realize this. Work to harness and control this fearful human tendency. Because you can.

And when our leadership aspires to that lofty positive goal - it is easier for us to reach, and maintain. Leaders are to inspire group aspirational goals. To make things better - if not instantly perfect. Mentally and physically healthier. Unselfishly promoting basic needs met for all - then inspiring us to go higher up - and beyond that.

For example: the best educational system, the purist water and food, a cherished, renewing environment that is kept clean, special helps for humans who have special needs, the promotion and development of all good and helpful talents, the strengthening of “yes we all can” confidence, and self respect and respect for others through such actions as good manners and consideration - in the way we drive, park, play, wait in line, etc.,etc., etc.

Aren’t you tired of Trump’s “me first”, trashy, tear down, values tattered, sincerity smeared, language weaponized, lying with alacrity, conning, uncaring, “crap on America” persona, and example, and attitude? Plus - his untreated mental illness leading his thinking - hour by hour?

I am.
There is no fear of LGBTQ+. If you believe that, you’re ignorant. I don’t know who taught you that, but they are wrong. Comparing LGBTQ+ and race? Two different things, Skippy! One on the inside one is on the outside. Do you think slave owners “feared” black people and therefore enslaved then, having them live with them, serve them, and interact with them daily? NOT A WAY PEOPLE THAT FEAR OTHER PEOPLE OPERATE!

And the term “homophobic” is ignorant too. People who don’t like LGBTQ+ aren’t scared of them, THEY DON’T LIKE THEM, SKIPPY! THERE’S A DIFFERENCE!
Homophobic means "fear of self". Control of language is a powerful tool used by the left.
So imagine the next meeting of National Arachnophobics.

“So we’re all afraid of spiders! Right?”

“Right!”

“We run when they’re near us! Right?”

“Right!”

“So what are we going to do?”

“KEEP THEM FROM GETTING MARRIED AND ADOPTING CHILDREN!!!”

Yes. This is screen glare’s argument.



User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI
Contact:

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 am

FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 am
Homophobic means "fear of self". Control of language is a powerful tool used by the left.

What's your source for "fear of self" as the definition for homophobic? Surely the popular dictionaries can't be politically biased in favor of "the left."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... h-dict-box (Fear of homosexuals)
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/homophobic?s=ts (Fear of homosexuals)
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobic (Fear of homosexuals)
https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/ ... ophobia__2 (Fear of homosexuals)



screen glare
Posts: 1767
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by screen glare » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:57 am

You’re wrong, Jumpy! And company.

Love is the root from which light spreads and goodness grows.

Fear is the root from which lack of light pervades and evil grows large.

(Hatred is not a root. Hate is one of many branches from the root.)

Most humans do not recognize deep fear within themselves driving or motivating. It is not apparent to them. Instead they only notice their words, thoughts, and actions. For example they threaten, dominate, enslave, deprive, steal, hoard, lie, torture, destroy, starve, cheat, etc.

The one warning Jesus states most often in scripture : “Be not afraid.”



screen glare
Posts: 1767
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by screen glare » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:09 am

BTW, Jumpy. And company.

If one definition of the term homophobic means fear of self - it would apply regarding sexuality - as a great many persons condemning homosexuality do so because they fear they are gay, or know they are gay - and refuse to accept that biological fact. Often because they also fear that accepting that fact will mean rejection from their family, friends, coworkers, etc. They do everything they can think of to hide in “the closet.” Which unfortunately can eventually end in suicide.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2942
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 am

screen glare wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:09 am
BTW, Jumpy. And company.

If one definition of the term homophobic means fear of self - it would apply regarding sexuality - as a great many persons condemning homosexuality do so because they fear they are gay, or know they are gay - and refuse to accept that biological fact. Often because they also fear that accepting that fact will mean rejection from their family, friends, coworkers, etc. They do everything they can think of to hide in “the closet.” Which unfortunately can eventually end in suicide.
Prove “gay” is “biological” and I’ll stop posting here.



Deleted User 8570

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 am

Homophobia is the fear of homosexuals...

Fear of self actually has a name... autophobia...

You lose. Thanks for playing this edition of “The Left” (TM) does x, y and z...
Last edited by Deleted User 8570 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.



hanson
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by hanson » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:53 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:02 pm
"Two cocks in every mouth?"
Why limit it?
That a pervert, can't you go somewhere else to get the rocks off



FET-500
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by FET-500 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 am
FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 am
Homophobic means "fear of self". Control of language is a powerful tool used by the left.

What's your source for "fear of self" as the definition for homophobic? Surely the popular dictionaries can't be politically biased in favor of "the left."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... h-dict-box (Fear of homosexuals)
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/homophobic?s=ts (Fear of homosexuals)
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobic (Fear of homosexuals)
https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/ ... ophobia__2 (Fear of homosexuals)
Homo is our genus.... You are "homo" as am I.



Radio Sucks
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by Radio Sucks » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:28 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 am
Homophobic means "fear of self". Control of language is a powerful tool used by the left.
That would be "autophobic" - fear of self.

"Definition of homophobia
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia

Control of language means actually using it correctly.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2942
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:36 pm

I know plenty of people who don’t like LGBTQ+, not one of them is afraid of them.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2942
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:42 pm

In other news, Gay of Thrones!



Deleted User 8570

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:55 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 am
FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 am
Homophobic means "fear of self". Control of language is a powerful tool used by the left.

What's your source for "fear of self" as the definition for homophobic? Surely the popular dictionaries can't be politically biased in favor of "the left."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... h-dict-box (Fear of homosexuals)
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/homophobic?s=ts (Fear of homosexuals)
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobic (Fear of homosexuals)
https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/ ... ophobia__2 (Fear of homosexuals)
Homo is our genus.... You are "homo" as am I.
But that’s not how it’s used. Google is your friend. You lose. You don’t get to change meanings to fit your complaint about changed meanings...



lovinlife101
Posts: 2942
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Dykes of Hazard!



FET-500
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: The future is gay!!!

Post by FET-500 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:46 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:55 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 am
FET-500 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 am
Homophobic means "fear of self". Control of language is a powerful tool used by the left.

What's your source for "fear of self" as the definition for homophobic? Surely the popular dictionaries can't be politically biased in favor of "the left."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... h-dict-box (Fear of homosexuals)
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/homophobic?s=ts (Fear of homosexuals)
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobic (Fear of homosexuals)
https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/ ... ophobia__2 (Fear of homosexuals)
Homo is our genus.... You are "homo" as am I.
But that’s not how it’s used. Google is your friend. You lose. You don’t get to change meanings to fit your complaint about changed meanings...
Yah, I just do not understand how I can impart to you that "homo" is a greek prefix and literally means "same". I haven't changed the meaning.

You have done a great job yet again of making my point. Next time you might want to add "etymology" to your search terms.

"Surely the popular dictionaries can't be politically biased in favor of "the left." You mean like Facebook's final arbiter of truth - SNOPES?

Well, to be honest...their primary function is to load around 200 cookies and tracking beacons onto your browser, that's how Dan Gilbert gets paid. You should maybe run Malwarebytes or something.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic