Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cumulus makes a major sale!

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
Deleted User 14935

Re: Cumulus makes a major sale! (Update 4-12: Is KLOS next in line?)

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:31 pm
As expected, Entercom rapidly tossed the "Nash FM" brand to the curb in NYC.

94.7 WNSH-FM is now simply known as "New York's Country 94-7."

https://newyorkscountry947.radio.com/
Could this be a trend ?

Calvert DeForest

Re: Cumulus makes a major sale!

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm 54 and I love technology. The advent of streaming and podcasting has opened up a variety of choices when it comes it comes to the content I consume. That being said, my philosophy has been never put all your eggs in one basket. Traditional and new media both come with advantages and disadvantages, and both are capable of making up in areas where the other falls short. The two together actually complement each other to create a more comprehensive delivery system.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Many of us speculated that 95.5 KLOS would be on the chopping block next, and now there's fuel to the fire:

http://ramp247.com/programming/cumulus- ... s-angeles/

Tom Leykis (remember him?) was the first person to publicly post this sale rumor. A lot of folks are running with it, and seem comfortable in doing so.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:46 am

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 am

I'll venture a guess that the new programming will be along the lines of EMF's Christian Hot AC Air 1 format, with at least some local talent. The music would sound similar to WPLJ's current format, albeit with different artists and lyrics. It might serve to retain part of WPLJ's existing audience base while attracting new listeners who are seeking a Contemporary Christian format.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:35 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 am
I'll venture a guess that the new programming will be along the lines of EMF's Christian Hot AC Air 1 format, with at least some local talent. The music would sound similar to WPLJ's current format, albeit with different artists and lyrics. It might serve to retain part of WPLJ's existing audience base while attracting new listeners who are seeking a Contemporary Christian format.
Then you would be wrong... there are NO locally programmed EMF radio stations. That’s zero, none, nil, nix and nothing.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Yup. 95.5 FM in New York will be airing K-Love verbatim, just like 102.7 in Detroit, 97.9 in Chicago, and 100.3 in Los Angeles.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat May 11, 2019 8:54 am

I stand corrected. Didn't realize EMF was operating such major market stations as cross-country repeaters. Might make sense from an overhead standpoint, but people in these markets at least want traffic and weather.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic