All accepted registrations through September 8 at 11:45a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
uncleb67

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by uncleb67 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:24 am

No Sports Talk show on WCXI this Friday morning 4/5/19. Ron is constantly bitching about that station on Friday mornings, but he always shows up (sometimes a few minutes late) for two hours of scintillating open lines and reading ads!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:32 am

He must be sick.....as much as he bitches about that station and how much it sucks (the lack of signal) he always shows up. I think the oldies music is a better choice.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:32 am
He must be sick.....as much as he bitches about that station and how much it sucks (the lack of signal) he always shows up. I think the oldies music is a better choice.
For sure! The music is always great and the producer, whose name escapes me (I believe it’s Jimmy James) is a total pro who sits in with Ron and takes his bitching with a laugh and a heaping spoonful of salt!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 am

uncleb67 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 am
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:32 am
For sure! The music is always great and the producer, whose name escapes me (I believe it’s Jimmy James) is a total pro who sits in with Ron and takes his bitching with a laugh and a heaping spoonful of salt!
Yes, Jimmy James. Seems like a good guy who must roll his eyes when RC starts his bitching. Notice on how RC is always complaining when someone is trying to look something up on the computer but Ron has no knowledge on how the computer works. What a grouch!

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:29 am

The show is better with guests,as I'm certain listeners don't want to hear me,JJ,Curt (though he's BY FAR the show's best caller ) TWICE .

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:01 pm
Mr. Transistor ,I'll ask Ron Saturday or Sunday if he'll have Page as a guest and tell Ron that Page is always highly complimentary of him and their years as Detroit's Number One sports talkers . ( " The Felix and Oscar of Detroit sports media," someone dubbed them; guess who was Felix ?) It'd be great if the boys buried the hatchet and again became buds .
Hey Cowboy, thanks a lot for trying. If anyone could have got the wheels in motion for a reunion of sorts between the boys it would've been you. I bet you Page doesn't even remember what pissed Ron off, knowing Page. Apparently Ron has a bigger ego than I thought. He's expecting Page to call him with some sort of apology and to have his ass kissed, oh well it was worth a try. By the way that show both hours would have been a complete train wreck without Alex steering the ship. Ron doesn't realize he's got an A+ producer there. Alex is all the difference with a good show!

313sports

Post by 313sports » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:03 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm
Mr. Transistor ,I'll ask Ron Saturday or Sunday if he'll have Page as a guest and tell Ron that Page is always highly complimentary of him and their years as Detroit's Number One sports talkers . ( " The Felix and Oscar of Detroit sports media," someone dubbed them; guess who was Felix ?) It'd be great if the boys buried the hatchet and again became buds .
Hey Cowboy, thanks a lot for trying. If anyone could have got the wheels in motion for a reunion of sorts between the boys it would've been you. I bet you Page doesn't even remember what pissed Ron off, knowing Page. Apparently Ron has a bigger ego than I thought. He's expecting Page to call him with some sort of apology and to have his ass kissed, oh well it was worth a try. By the way that show both hours would have been a complete train wreck without Alex steering the ship. Ron doesn't realize he's got an A+ producer there. Alex is all the difference with a good show!

The reasons Ron has for his grudge seem very petty and something that should be easily resolved. Ron has to reach out to him since he has the issue. Then maybe Bob would apologize. As for this weekend, I agree Alex really saved Saturdays 2 hours of open line from being a sickly trainwreck and Sunday went by with a nice organized flow probably due to him also. Would love to see him do a show. I'm sure he'll see this because Saturday he did mention he's aware of this board and reads it.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:36 am

313sports wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:03 am
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm

The reasons Ron has for his grudge seem very petty and something that should be easily resolved. Ron has to reach out to him since he has the issue. Then maybe Bob would apologize. As for this weekend, I agree Alex really saved Saturdays 2 hours of open line from being a sickly trainwreck and Sunday went by with a nice organized flow probably due to him also. Would love to see him do a show. I'm sure he'll see this because Saturday he did mention he's aware of this board and reads it.

Ron did seem to have a better attitude when he was talking to Denny McLain about Bob Page and Denny did give Ron some good advice by saying , hey we're all old and there is no use taking a grudge with you to the grave. So perhaps you planted the seed Cowboy. Denny is always a good guest and I wonder what Eli, Denny, and Bob have planned when Denny talked about being on 5 days a week - he alluded to being on the FM dial potentially.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:07 am

O.K,Mr. Transistor. I guess Ron,who was quite ill last weekend and barely made his Patriot show, will continue to nurse his beef with Page , though hopefully Page will reach out to Ron and the chaps can reconcile .

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Ron did drop the “bomb” on his Saturday show (in between telling his never-ending story of his sickness/diarrhea) that he is no longer doing his Friday 9am show on WCXI/WPON.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:29 am

I'd LOVE to drop the bomb on a buxom blonde,but I guess you know that already !!!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:54 pm
Ron did drop the “bomb” on his Saturday show (in between telling his never-ending story of his sickness/diarrhea) that he is no longer doing his Friday 9am show on WCXI/WPON.
You have to wonder how that went down........ I have a feeling it was Sima telling Ron to hit the road instead of the other way around. Anyways it was a waste of time for both parties involved.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:07 pm

I'd LOVE to see Ron back at WDFN...perhaps he can save the faltering station,which turns 25 July 11.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:01 am

Mr. Transistor, maybe it finally dawned on Sima that Cameron was making up questions from an imaginary audience of listeners.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:18 am

Sims wouldn’t give up cash like that. Cameron probably had enough and left on his own.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic