All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
bobhuge
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: The Thumb
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by bobhuge »

What I hope to be my parting shot on this topic, here's some of what we're playing this morning, 6-9 on WIDL. Like them or not (because you can't please everyone), they all used to be Active Rock.

Little Fighter - White Lion
Rumors in the Air - Night Ranger
Your Time is Gonna Come - Zep
Neighbor - Ugly Kid Joe
Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana
Your Mam Don't Dance - Y&T
Mean Mistreater - Great White
You Take Me to the Top - Loverboy
Mama We're All Crazee Now - Slade
Sister Havana - Urge Overkill
Can I Sit Next to You - AC/DC
Ten Years Gone - Zep
Rock You Up - The Romantics
Johnny B Good - Judas Priest

You can continue to complain about what the new Wheels is or isn't doing, or you can just come to where it's already happening. :) Enjoy.
User avatar
bjmcdevitt
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Hartland, MI

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by bjmcdevitt »

On the Drew & Mike podcast, Drew is hinting a major announcement coming soon.
Bring back the MURC Index
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

bjmcdevitt wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:17 am On the Drew & Mike podcast, Drew is hinting a major announcement coming soon.
Flipping to showtunes
Music is my life.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

I would like to credit Wheels for playing the segue of Brain Stew and Jaded by Green Day. That's how it was played upon release in late 1995/early 1996. WRIF now cuts off Jaded and only plays Brain Stew.

Ironically, original WLLZ used to play Geek Stink Breath every 5th song when Insomniac was released in October of 1995. So I'll give credit there.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
matt1
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by matt1 »

Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
User avatar
bjmcdevitt
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Hartland, MI

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by bjmcdevitt »

matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
It's actually just called "Mistreater" and it's a completely different song.

https://youtu.be/iWUyrdBz-hk
Bring back the MURC Index
bobhuge
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: The Thumb
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by bobhuge »

bjmcdevitt wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm
matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
It's actually just called "Mistreater" and it's a completely different song.

https://youtu.be/iWUyrdBz-hk
Well, I guess I finally got someone's attention. Maybe I'll go back and misspell or misname all of the songs on the list.

Just trying to help you people find a different source for the music you seem to be looking for, but would rather complain about.

Sheesh.
User avatar
bjmcdevitt
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Hartland, MI

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by bjmcdevitt »

bobhuge wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:54 am
bjmcdevitt wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm
matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
It's actually just called "Mistreater" and it's a completely different song.

https://youtu.be/iWUyrdBz-hk
Well, I guess I finally got someone's attention. Maybe I'll go back and misspell or misname all of the songs on the list.

Just trying to help you people find a different source for the music you seem to be looking for, but would rather complain about.

Sheesh.
Lighten up. No one was complaining.
Bring back the MURC Index
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

bobhuge wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:54 am
bjmcdevitt wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm
matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
It's actually just called "Mistreater" and it's a completely different song.

https://youtu.be/iWUyrdBz-hk
Well, I guess I finally got someone's attention. Maybe I'll go back and misspell or misname all of the songs on the list.

Just trying to help you people find a different source for the music you seem to be looking for, but would rather complain about.

Sheesh.
Dude chill
Music is my life.
Realist
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Realist »

I’ve listened to Bob's station, albeit staticky, while driving down Us 23 from Tawas to Augres. Heard Robert Plant’s “Tie die on the highway” for the first time in many years. Hell, I haven’t even heard it on SiriusXM. THAT’S the kind of classic rock variety I’d like to hear...
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
bobhuge
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: The Thumb
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by bobhuge »

Didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, I actually appreciate the correction. Thank you. :)

I should have put a laughing emoji on it, because I was laughing when I wrote it. I thought it was comical and seemingly appropriate that I'm trying to show people on this post that through the wonderful worldwide web that there are choices. The XM's, iHearts and the Cumulus of the world are NEVER going to listen to your complaints or suggestions. EVER. They have their formulas and the actual music that we all appreciate means nothing to them. I understand that. To them, it's all about trying to attract the largest, most diverse audience. Which makes sense and I understand.

However, I don't believe that works where we're located, and that's why we do what we do. We play local artists in the regular rotation. From what we're told by listeners before we opened up our catalog, people here are tired of the same songs day in and day out. Sure, we don't have the best on air staff and maybe we sound kind of hokey at times, but our primary mission is getting info out to the community in which we live. The next thing we do is provide music that make people say "wow," or at least we hope.

Overall, I guess good luck complaining and suggesting what WLLZ should do... or welcome aboard and enjoy. ;) 34ALL Thursday is today. :)

@Realist - Thank you! That's EXACTLY what we're trying to do. :) The app is under "WIDL" on android, or go to rdo.to/WIDL on PC or iDevices.
bobhuge
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: The Thumb
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by bobhuge »

BTW, other fun things you won't hear on the big boys: Saturday at 8pm, The Arena Parking Lot (A live concert or concert album played in it's entirety), at 10pm, The Hairball John and Friends Radio Show (80's & 90's hair metal, with interviews and commentary) and on Sundays at 9am The Acoustic Storm (Classic rock acoustic style)

Those are my shameless plugs, but it's radio you may want to experience.
Last edited by bobhuge on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
FET-500
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by FET-500 »

matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
They did fairly well with an Ian Hunter song before the pyro crew became mass-murderers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSmYx0kg7bc
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

bobhuge wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 am What I hope to be my parting shot on this topic, here's some of what we're playing this morning, 6-9 on WIDL. Like them or not (because you can't please everyone), they all used to be Active Rock.

Little Fighter - White Lion
Rumors in the Air - Night Ranger
Your Time is Gonna Come - Zep
Neighbor - Ugly Kid Joe
Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana
Your Mam Don't Dance - Y&T
Mean Mistreater - Great White
You Take Me to the Top - Loverboy
Mama We're All Crazee Now - Slade
Sister Havana - Urge Overkill
Can I Sit Next to You - AC/DC
Ten Years Gone - Zep
Rock You Up - The Romantics
Johnny B Good - Judas Priest

You can continue to complain about what the new Wheels is or isn't doing, or you can just come to where it's already happening. :) Enjoy.
Hey man, any station playing Sister Havana can't be bad. Bummer is, 92.1 by me is that Fool FM that MW speaks SO highly of lol. Send a little more juice towards Brughton!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

Why does nobody play "Kick It Out" by Heart ?
Music is my life.
Post Reply