All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

I haven't heard "Dolly Dagger" in years...would LOVE to hear Hendrix' other less-known gems .
Y M Ionhere
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Y M Ionhere »

borderboy653659200 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:09 am I haven't heard "Dolly Dagger" in years...would LOVE to hear Hendrix' other less-known gems .
Somewhere I have Cassette of the long out of print "Crash Landing". I wonder how many stations own THAT album...
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

szmigiel wrote: ↑Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:57 am You got me interested in what they are playing for their 4:20 deep cut. Right now I am always leaving work just after 4 and in the car so I have been making sure to tune to WLLZ to see what they play. Yesterday was Children Of The Sun, which really is a very deep cut. If they actually did more of this type of promotion, deep cut, featured tracks from a year at certain times of the day. Maybe an artist of the day where they play at least one song an hour, but get into some of the songs that aren't part of the normal safe playlist. If they did things like that I would be more inclined to leave the station on while driving, or even listen at my desk.
These are great ideas.........I do remember when 106.7 the D did theyre out of the Vault segments nearly every hour their ratings were the highest for the station.Why they got away from that I dont know.

Lets hope Wheelz listens.........
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 pm They are still playing exactly the same songs in exactly the same order as the Columbus station, with only minor exception.
I should go on their Facebook and announce that and tell everyone to listen to the Columbus station instead, since it's no different.
Just to spite them for this laziness

Is this by any chance just one of ifart's "premium choi...ass" playlists they think are just so amazing?
Music is my life.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

They're playing "Simple Man" as I type this. Even with what that song means to me (playing as everyone says their final goodbye to my dad), it remains a great song and I'd love to see it make a regular rotation!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

In all honesty, I haven't really gotten a chance the last month or so to really scan the dial and see what's happening. I've been working two jobs, so most of my listening is WWJ in the AM, and then the 5-10 minute drive to work and back home.

One shocker was hearing "Down Boys" by Warrant on CSX the other day (part of that "play three songs with something in common and call and guess thing). I never thought I'd see the day I'd hear Warrant...that isn't Cherry Pie...on WCSX...in afternoon drive. At least it was one of Warrant's better songs.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
fuzzpower
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by fuzzpower »

There’s a classic rock station in Albuquerque and another in rural Kansas somewhere west of Wichita that seems to have no problem playing deeper cuts, and slant more hard rock. Why not a market like Detroit? When will these conglomerates learn?
bobhuge
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: The Thumb
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by bobhuge »

Try WIDL from Cass City. It addresses all that you are bitching about. stream at www.classicrocki92.com or get the WIDL Android app. You could do this, or you could continue to bitch about what they aren't doing.

And yes, I work there. We love getting away from the same shit everybody plays. Sure we play them, but not with that kind of repetition. We rotate about 2200 songs. Some you'll like, some you won't, but you will notice songs you have heard in a long time. We run about a two week flip.

Enjoy.
radio stain
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by radio stain »

Power rock 93.9 WKTG is good. Yesterday morning I heard them playing "Caught in the Game" by Survivor. Another day they played "Stranger" by Jefferson Starship.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

radio stain wrote: ↑Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:18 pm Power rock 93.9 WKTG is good. Yesterday morning I heard them playing "Caught in the Game" by Survivor. Another day they played "Stranger" by Jefferson Starship.
I think we can all agree, that small market stations have a bit more leeway playlist wise then a tight market like Detroit.

But in saying that....I think it will change with what happens with the new Wheelz ratings wise.
Y M Ionhere
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Y M Ionhere »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:20 am Just because WLLZ mixes a few different decades of music together doesn't mean their playlist has an unusually high number of song titles.

I bet WLLZ plays fewer unique song titles in a week than either WRIF or WCSX.

I am not a fan of the playlist. But hey - if you enjoy hearing Linkin Park into a sappy Journey song or Bob Seger into Beastie Boys, more power to ya.
I dont enjoy hearing Beastie Boys in any context.
Post Reply