All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

I hope they fail right out of the gate, I was part of the Original Wheels the first 2 years 1980-1982 and it was one of the greatest events in Detroit radio history in 1980 When WLLZ started , We at that station did the first 3 months commercial-free and it had people on the streets talking and in the radio community as well.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

As the old cliche goes Steve..........."you can't go home again"
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

You got it!
User avatar
Colonel Flagg
Posts: 1542
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Colonel Flagg »

windsor wrote: ↑Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:58 am As the old cliche goes Steve..........."you can't go home again"
Especially if you were never there in the first place. The manure in here is getting deeper with every post. :rollin
"Nobody can get the truth out of me, because even I don't know what it is"
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

It is terrible. No presets on that one.
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

While vainly searching for the Pistons-Suns game on 104.1,I heard "Jamie's Crying" by Van Halen,one of my all-time faves on new WLLZ .(Of course,my BFF is Jamie Logsdon .) If new Wheels keeps playing songs this good,it'll have no problems with listenership .
matt1
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by matt1 »

On April 1 of this year in 2019, WILZ (104.5 FM) in Saginaw, MI ("Classic Rock That Really Rocks") will mark it's 20th Anniversary on the air!!
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:24 pm WLLZ wouldn't know good Van Halen material if it bit them in the ass.

Why not play "Poundcake" instead?
THANK. YOU.

I much prefer the Sammy stuff to the Dave stuff, but I get the DLR era is more popular. I guess "shoobadoowopda" is more popular.

Love me some 5150.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
sfpcc
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by sfpcc »

I have as one of my presets. Right now I would give the station an Meh rating. I miss the a lot of the 70's stuff that has seemed to have gone away.
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

This is the “Future Generation of Classic Shit 106.7”
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

The original Skynrd members died so long ago ( Oct.20,1977,when I was attending St. Clair College here in Windsor ),that I and other black men were still about eight months away from being permitted the Mormon priesthood,which occurred June 9,1978, the day after my father's 65th birthday,and the day Larry Holmes decisioned Ken Norton to win the World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title .
Post Reply