Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WION works its way west, on an FM Translator

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Trophyhead

WION works its way west, on an FM Translator

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Their 100.3 FM signal is up and running, something the Ionia based station has acknowledged in a number of their promos and buffers on all their signals.

I could get it in, up to about the Cascade Road exit on westbound I-96 early Sunday morning.

Hard to say if they will turn any business in Ada and Lowell from this Lowell-based transmitter, but I wish them well.

cckadlec

Re: WION works its way west, on an FM Translator

Post by cckadlec » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Trophyhead wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:11 pm
Their 100.3 FM signal is up and running, something the Ionia based station has acknowledged in a number of their promos and buffers on all their signals.

I could get it in, up to about the Cascade Road exit on westbound I-96 early Sunday morning.

Hard to say if they will turn any business in Ada and Lowell from this Lowell-based transmitter, but I wish them well.
Easy to hear here in Fremont on the side of Y100 last night and this afternoon on the portable, i.e. easy to find but overall a weak signal. Certainly weaker than their 92.7, though it's hard to compare since 92.7 isn't half as open as 100.3.

99.5 Jethro is easy to listen to on the car radio driving around town despite it being directional toward GR, so of all the translators in that area, 99.5 is certainly getting the most from their signal by far. A bit of a shame, since I'd rather be hearing WION than classic country I can hear on 99.7 any day.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

Ed Joseph

Re: WION works its way west, on an FM Translator

Post by Ed Joseph » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Good deal!

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic