Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Less State News; More National News

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 9015

Less State News; More National News

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 am

For the longest time, I've been avoiding watching TV. I just wanted to see how well I get by without one. Well, I decided to check out our "local news" a few weeks ago and everything was about national issues. There was the typical murder in Detroit story, but not much else. On some of the boards I currently post on the focus of news sections is always on national news and Trump bullshit, and it gets old. Am I wrong here? Did I just catch a bad night?

Deleted User 8570

Re: Less State News; More National News

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 am
For the longest time, I've been avoiding watching TV. I just wanted to see how well I get by without one. Well, I decided to check out our "local news" a few weeks ago and everything was about national issues. There was the typical murder in Detroit story, but not much else. On some of the boards I currently post on the focus of news sections is always on national news and Trump bullshit, and it gets old. Am I wrong here? Did I just catch a bad night?
Well look who’s back from the dead...

You’re not wrong... this is partly a lack of local resources I think and also that crime sells and it’s down overall... watch a newscast from 30 years ago and you’ll see national stuff too... but a lot of strife locally that you just don’t see these days..

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 am

I think local and statewide news should be dominating in local newscast but keep national stuff to a minimum. After all, that is what the evening news is for...national stuff. I like seeing more statewide news here. Pretty much wherever you go, national news seems to dominate.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Yea, state and local stuff is more interesting, too. You learn more about the community you live in and it just feels more in-depth. National stuff is boring and rarely amounts to anything important. Remember the Kwame coverage? That was great stuff. When I reflect on the way Flint has been covered it didn't get near the type of coverage.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:49 pm

And more than likely, state and local stuff have more of an impact on us rather hearing about what some lousy senator says in California about global warming.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 am
Well look who’s back from the dead...

You’re not wrong... this is partly a lack of local resources I think and also that crime sells and it’s down overall... watch a newscast from 30 years ago and you’ll see national stuff too... but a lot of strife locally that you just don’t see these days..

It happens this time of year when it warms up. His AC still isn't working. :hat

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:17 pm

"The Kiwi Farms is a non-violent autistic shitposting forum. It is not associated in any way with New Zealand. The operators of this website have never been to New Zealand. The operators of this website are not white nationalists. We believe in free speech and proliferation of information."

What the fuck

Music is my life.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:24 pm

I can explain.

There was a shooting in New Zealand yesterday by some /pol/ moron. He killed 30 Muslims in a mosque. He live-streamed it. The NZ govt has been trying to get it removed from the internet, but we’re hosting a torrent of it. Now we’re getting all these cloudflare reports and threats from NZ LEO saying we gotta cut down that video and fast. So we have that message letting LEO know we’re just a dumb board and not white nationalists.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic