Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can Deleted Users be moved here?

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
bmw

Can Deleted Users be moved here?

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Seems like this place lately is becoming littered with people creating accounts, posting a lot, then deleting their account, then creating a new one. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. I suspect it is just a few select people doing this but it really clutters up the board.

Can those "Deleted Users" posts be moved here?

Deleted User 14935

Re: Can Deleted Users be moved here?

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:55 pm

What’s the difference, A post is still a post you’re just rearranging the furniture that’s all. Just leave everything as is. I know I’m in the 14000 series 😆 on my Deleted Users Numbers.
Last edited by Deleted User 14935 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Are you telling me there have been over 14,000 registered members in total??

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Apparently, My second and last(I promise) Deleted User # is 14888, The first 14803.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:40 am

The board would be awfully slow at times if it weren't for those posters.

Reminds me of Jeff Lamb, fake call in show caller extraordinaire. When Flint Feedback with Wally Kennedy, Rich Fisher, or later Dave Barber on WTRX got slow, Jeff Lamb would call in numerous times as various fake callers. Sometimes, as much as 70% of the callers were actually Jeff Lamb. The hosts knew Jeff and were on to him, but they didn't care, as it often filled in the slow times, and the calls were usually entertaining.

Jeff Lamb in the early 1960s. Also known in Toledo and Peoria.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:45 am

I swear I've seen people create multiple screen names and proceed to argue with themselves. No way to prove it of course, but in some cases the writing styles were amazingly similar. I'm sure the idea was to start a false ruckus and draw other posters into it. Kinda like rubbing two sticks together to start a fire.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:45 am
I swear I've seen people create multiple screen names and proceed to argue with themselves. No way to prove it of course, but in some cases the writing styles were amazingly similar. I'm sure the idea was to start a false ruckus and draw other posters into it. Kinda like rubbing two sticks together to start a fire.
and you don't think that's happening now?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:15 am

I'm sure it is but I just don't notice it as much.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:09 pm

The thing that keeps posters from revealing identities of other posters is Mutual Assured Destruction. Some act holier than thou and yet do it themselves. MW has stated that as long as things don't get out of hand, he is OK with it. But I respect that confidentiality, and a violation of that by others might destroy the whole board, like some of the previous ones, which descended into chaos. Don't be the first to lob a bomb ANYWHERE here. The targets WILL FIND OUT, sooner or later, often within minutes. A word to the wise is sufficient. If TC Talks stopped being TC Talks, TC Shuts Up would fade away.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Agreed. Few things will actually get a person banned from this board. Deliberating disclosing the true identity of someone who does not want it to be openly known is one of them. M.W. has long-since stated in the TOS that any such attempt on the part of a poster will result in the deletion of said poster's account. From the start of the Buzzboard he has taken confidentiality very seriously. There are ways to handle extremely unruly users that don't require anyone's identity needing to be disclosed.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:56 pm

So me exposing whenever radiokev makes a new account is okay as long as I don't expose who he really is?
(Not that I even know who he is )

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:01 pm

You got it! Oh! I don’t even know who I am 😆.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:56 pm
So me exposing whenever radiokev makes a new account is okay as long as I don't expose who he really is?
(Not that I even know who he is )
Saying you believe two or more screen names resolve to one person isn't the same as calling someone out by their real name. That being said, I've never cared much about how many names someone wants to use unless they're doing it for the express purpose of trolling. Even then "trolling" is a relative term. I think of it as any attempt to disrupt a conversation with multiple off-topic threads or posts. Reminds me of the old days of CB radio. Every neighborhood had the clown who followed people from channel to channel and deliberately keyed his mic over everyone else so nobody could talk.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:38 pm

You know what would save some space, Are the topics that received zero responses the unanswered topics, Click on and see how many there are. 11 pages that can probably be deleted.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 am

The unanswered topics sink to the bottom over time. Eventually they disappear off the front page. I don't see a need to delete them. Rather just let them fade away.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic