Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Daylight Savings Time, Keep it or get rid of it...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 24

Re: Daylight Savings Time, Keep it or get rid of it...

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:57 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am
Vic Doucette wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:15 pm
Have the state follow the Central Time Zone.

I love light late into the evening during the summer. It's more useful to me then than an earlier sunrise.
Then the state would be follow Atlantic Standard Time. Central you would lose an hour and would have an earlier sunrise time.
That's what happens when I post with a time-switch hangover!

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:00 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:29 pm
Hot and sunny here. I didn’t waste any time getting sunburned. I’m near Naples. It’s sunny, sunny, sunny, then SLAM dusk and darkness. Never noticed it like that at home.

Too bad I’m not here next week after the time change.
At the Equator, it's even faster. At higher latitudes (North or South) it's slower, and at the poles, it lasts weeks (the image of the Sun spins along the horizon and slowly rises and falls).

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Picking up where I left off......

If the time zones were to be strictly determined by math, the only Michiganders in the ETZ would be east of a line running from Jeddo Rd/Lakeshore Rd to Marine City (82¤30' W).

Years ago, I drew a map, that would replace four time zones with three (Western, Heartland and Verdant), and have only Montana broadly split (suburbs of Davenport and St. Louis in IL would be in Heartland, suburbs of Memphis in AR would be in Verdant - that's all of the exceptions!)

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:24 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:20 pm
If the time zones were to be strictly determined by math, the only Michiganders in the ETZ would be east of a line running from Jeddo Rd/Lakeshore Rd to Marine City (82¤30' W).
I have a house just north of Jeddo and Lakeshore. I guess I'm safe, not isolated from the rest of Michigan, unless I jumped in the lake? LOL

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:34 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:14 am
Bryce wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:33 pm
Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 pm
Me, I'd prefer DST year round.

SNS2, you have more stuff wrong than any 20 people I know put together. Even House would be challenged.
Thanks for reminding me of my miserable life.
Sigh
Well, Bryce you’re an inspiration, Thank God You’re healthy and the 20 People You know that are healthy as well, Your a lucky man Bryce.
SIGH!
Sorry if I offend, but the numerous maladies listed in various threads leaves me somewhat skeptical that one person suffers from such a variety of ailments.

However, if indeed one person has to deal with all that, I'm truly filled with empathy beyond compare.
If you are going to make a half ass apology to me, why not say it to me instead of Radiokev, huh?

But seriously dude, I don't mean to be rude and crabby but I have to deal with all these issues on a daily basis. That alone makes me question why I have not killed myself several times a day. (No joke. I'm tired of suffering)
I don't need to hear remarks like this.
Okay man?

: /
Then maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't post, in numerous threads, the vast array of issues you are dealing with.

My comment remided you of your problems? Much of what you post talks about your problems. If you dont want comments on your problems, stop talking about them ad nauseam.

Frankly, I don't think you're real.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:22 pm

So Bryce you’re a Doctor or is this something you seen on an episode of House, Just curious, You seem to be an authority on the issue. Then the question should be is the show “House” real? Are you real? Just wondering.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Oh I'm not real?

Tbh, I feel like I'm the only real person here.
My profile has links to all my social media accounts.
Im not hiding under fake names like everyone else wants to.

And btw, learn the definition of Sarcasm.
(Thanks for reminding me) was clearly sarcastic. Obviously I didn't forget.
You arent really that stupid I hope.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:39 pm

No he’s not, Bryce watches “ House” He knows all that medical stuff.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:39 pm
No he’s not, Bryce watches “ House” He knows all that medical stuff.
Maybe I should read up on Freud too. Find out what would prompt someone to add/delete/change user names more often than Paris Hilton changes hair styles.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:27 am

Paging Dr. Bryce, When you read up on Freud about why I change my user name so many times, Also read up on why you assume other people’s health situations as well. Oh! And one more thing read up on why you’re so arrogant, And I’ll just hang up and listen to your answer and Thanks for letting me call “The Dr. Bryce Show”.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 am

Willie108 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 pm
We've had Daylight Savings Time for over 40 years. Quit complaining...deal with it.
One would think that since its been in place for so long, you would realize that it is Daylight Saving Time, no s after Saving, but, alas.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 am

Maybe it is Farmer Jack Savings Time?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:13 am

Or it’s 1 O’Clock in Windsor 12 Noon in Detroit on CKLW The Big 8.....

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:09 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 am
Let’s go with that...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:03 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 am
I miss that :lol

But that weird sound effect that always played scared me as a kid, lol

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic